Law Real ID fiasco

I think some of you underestimate how many truckers live full time in their rigs

If not for a family member or friend allowing them to claim their address these things become increasingly difficult to maneuver

Real ID fiasco searched the forums and didnt find a thread about this.

If you dont know what Real ID is, its a mark (usually a star) on your drivers license that TSA checks before you board a plane. The law was put into effect in 2001 but has been deferred for 19 years and finally goes into effect in October 2020.

I tried to get a Real ID recently when I finally got my MO license when my CA one expired. They required 2 forms of proof of address. I dont have any proof of address. I have no bills, no tax returns, i dont vote, etc. So as of October 2020 I can no longer fly on planes in the country I have lived in my entire life. And yes, a drivers license is no longer an acceptable form of proof of residence.

On to the funny stuff. Airports nationwide are trying to get the government to defer the implementation until after the holiday season. Only 30% of Americans have RealIDs and you can buy a plane ticket without showing your ID so millions of americans are gonna show up at the airports to go spend thanksgiving and christmas with their family and wont be allowed to board the plane they paid for.

giphy.gif
If you have a passport youre straight

Got mine last year.

Funny how we native-born citizens have to get this Real ID, yet in some places, illegals without a driver's license are no longer arrested, let alone deported.

Oh wait, it's not fuckin funny.

I grow hemp. It doesn't require a house, rent, or utilities. My current operation runs off solar for the minimal energy I use and I pay the landowner a cut after I've made money.

Not everyone wants to spend their life paying off a bank loan for a mcMansion. That doesn't make them less human or less of a citizen
Where does the land owner send your bill?

Registration or insurance count in MD, I just did mine in December

Yeah, I looked into it. Alot of options for proof of residency and the basic requirement juat has to have a PO box. You would actually have to try pretty hard (ironically by not trying in life at all) to not meet the requirements

I tried to get a Real ID recently when I finally got my MO license when my CA one expired. They required 2 forms of proof of address. I dont have any proof of address. I have no bills, no tax returns, i dont vote, etc. So as of October 2020 I can no longer fly on planes in the country I have lived in my entire life.

Let me see if I've got this right:
You want to fly, know exactly what you need in order to fly, and it's totally in your control and easy to get what you need to fly. You've done absolutely nothing on your end to fulfill the requirements to fly and are now complaining that you cannot fly.

Either you are breaking the law or you are full of shit TS. No tax returns? How is that even possible. Whether you have taxes to pay or not you are required by law to file.

That's not technically true. If you dont have taxable income at all you dont have to file.

I'm getting a strong 'Freeman on the Land' vibe from this thread.

I grow hemp. It doesn't require a house, rent, or utilities. My current operation runs off solar for the minimal energy I use and I pay the landowner a cut after I've made money.

Not everyone wants to spend their life paying off a bank loan for a mcMansion. That doesn't make them less human or less of a citizen

...... so tax evasion. Nice.

...... so tax evasion. Nice.
Amazing inference from those words

Hemp is legal if you havent seen the news. That means I sell it legally to legal business which generates a paper trail. Which all go into my tax filings.

Amazing inference from those words

Hemp is legal if you havent seen the news. That means I sell it legally to legal business which generates a paper trail. Which all go into my tax filings.

Whoops, I thought you posted the OP. My mistake.

That's not technically true. If you dont have taxable income at all you dont have to file.

Well I admit, I am not an expert on tax law, but I still think the TS is bullshitting us.

the scariest part is that apparently anyone can walk into a DMV with a piece of stolen mail and my ssn and get a drivers license under my name and apparently thats ok with the government....

as long as you dont fly

Real ID fiasco searched the forums and didnt find a thread about this.

If you dont know what Real ID is, its a mark (usually a star) on your drivers license that TSA checks before you board a plane. The law was put into effect in 2001 but has been deferred for 19 years and finally goes into effect in October 2020.

I tried to get a Real ID recently when I finally got my MO license when my CA one expired. They required 2 forms of proof of address. I dont have any proof of address. I have no bills, no tax returns, i dont vote, etc. So as of October 2020 I can no longer fly on planes in the country I have lived in my entire life. And yes, a drivers license is no longer an acceptable form of proof of residence.

On to the funny stuff. Airports nationwide are trying to get the government to defer the implementation until after the holiday season. Only 30% of Americans have RealIDs and you can buy a plane ticket without showing your ID so millions of americans are gonna show up at the airports to go spend thanksgiving and christmas with their family and wont be allowed to board the plane they paid for.

giphy.gif
I have a solution to this problem. A passport.

Back