Law Real ID fiasco

Danger Dave

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Real ID fiasco searched the forums and didnt find a thread about this.

If you dont know what Real ID is, its a mark (usually a star) on your drivers license that TSA checks before you board a plane. The law was put into effect in 2001 but has been deferred for 19 years and finally goes into effect in October 2020.

I tried to get a Real ID recently when I finally got my MO license when my CA one expired. They required 2 forms of proof of address. I dont have any proof of address. I have no bills, no tax returns, i dont vote, etc. So as of October 2020 I can no longer fly on planes in the country I have lived in my entire life. And yes, a drivers license is no longer an acceptable form of proof of residence.

On to the funny stuff. Airports nationwide are trying to get the government to defer the implementation until after the holiday season. Only 30% of Americans have RealIDs and you can buy a plane ticket without showing your ID so millions of americans are gonna show up at the airports to go spend thanksgiving and christmas with their family and wont be allowed to board the plane they paid for.

giphy.gif

guess yer ass is taking the train.

if mike bloomberg can make billions with his shady life then cant i make money selling street quality legos?

No bills, no tax returns.
That's the focus here.

You're a 1960's British spy aren't you?

You the dude who lives in like bfe selling shit on ebay?

They required 2 forms of proof of address. I dont have any proof of address. I have no bills, no tax returns, i dont vote, etc.
Do you have electricity? Do you have a lease? Car insurance? Any letter from the state? A bank account? School transcript?

So far, I'm kinda okay with your ass taking the train, as the lovely and curmudgeonly @irish_thug suggested.

Get a passport or passport card instead, then you'll be able to fly.

Was hard at my last place. I was on some land my uncle owned in my camper. There was no residence and no mail service. Luckily the state of Colorado didnt even look at my paperwork, or at least the DMV worker that day didnt.

It's just another way to streamline us into this society and the consumption that comes along with it.

An introductory note from my bank to my now address wasn't an acceptable proof, but a bank statement was. Also needed to be scanned into their system for some reason or another, but I pick my battles. I'd much rather figure out how to actually stay in the margins in a healthy way without getting sucked into the consumption trap than trip out about the AdMINisTRAtiVE sTATe and whatever symbolic paperwork they want

No bills and don’t pay taxes?

Did TS just admit to freeloading in his parent’s basement?

Back