RDA's striking is primitive. If he stands with Conor he will lose.

I see it as the opposite. The gap in the stand up will very small if that. Connor has no doubt the better hands but RDA has by far the better kicks. The grappling is where I see the biggest difference and RDA will dominate there
I'm not sure RDA has the better kicks, Conor has some great kicks when he isn't just throwing them to look cool.
His kicks are DEFINITELY more powerful though.

I always found RDAs striking strange because it doesn't seem like it's anything to write home about but it is super effective. He hit Pettis, Cerrone, and Bendo with the best shots that they've been hit with in their entire lives. That is an accomplishment. I have a feeling that part of RDA's striking effectiveness comes from his pressure and the threat of the clinch/takedown. It'll be interesting to see how Conor deals with the pressure.
Whoever is forced to fight backing up will lose. If RDA applies his pressure successfully and gets inside McGregor's range, Conor will be backing out, looking for space while RDA looks for the take down. If Conor can sting RDA with some hard shots and make him lose his nerve, RDA may fight backing up which would allow McGregor to find his range and finish him.

Most of the new accounts are long time Sherdog veterans who lost their accounts betting against Conor.

Shush, you signed up in the last two years. Your opinion is invalid.

(This wouldn't have worked in 8 days' time, so glad I got the chance.)

I guess for new fans and Coner nuthuggers wide tkd stance + left counters - "modern, creative striking"

I can easily name you 15-20 kickboxers with strictly thai style who are 'primitive' strikers in your opinion that will literally rape Conor in the ring.

action-bedek.gif

Whoever is forced to fight backing up will lose. If RDA applies his pressure successfully and gets inside McGregor's range, Conor will be backing out, looking for space while RDA looks for the take down. If Conor can sting RDA with some hard shots and make him lose his nerve, RDA may fight backing up which would allow McGregor to find his range and finish him.

dbsKRbp.gif

As much as I am rooting for HDA, this is a very real danger he faces.

Lol, I'm talking RDA McGregor, not in general. Conor kod aldo backing up. But I don't think it will happen for him against Dos Anjos.

Easy for Conor if HDA gets sloppy at all pressuring. Easy. I can see Conor and HDA in that Andy Forrest gif.

Anjos needs to put pace first, then presh. Deep waters. Wait till Conor's breathing heavy. Then strike.

Otherwise he's fookin' doon.

I want the derailment, but I is nervous.

Easy for Conor if HDA gets sloppy at all pressuring. Easy. I can see Conor and HDA in that Andy Forrest gif.

Anjos needs to put pace first, then presh. Deep waters. Wait till Conor's breathing heavy. Then strike.

Otherwise he's fookin' doon.
Don't agree that RDA is anything like Griffin and he will be the faster fighter, not Conor. But yeah, I don't see him lunging in wild like Aldo, he'll beat and batter McGregor about the body and legs with kicks. He'll have his hands up and be watching for the left. When Connor throws his slow 1-2 that's when he will duck inside his range and tag him to the body or head, try to get him moving backwards to the fence where he can dump him. If he gets tentative and lets Conor apply forward pressure from his range, he will lose no question. You're right, RDA wants this to go 4 or 5

Don't agree that RDA is anything like Griffin and he will be the faster fighter, not Conor. But yeah, I don't see him lunging in wild like Aldo, he'll beat and batter McGregor about the body and legs with kicks. He'll have his hands up and be watching for the left. When Connor throws his slow 1-2 that's when he will duck inside his range and tag him to the body or head, try to get him moving backwards to the fence where he can dump him. If he gets tentative and lets Conor apply forward pressure from his range, he will lose no question. You're right, RDA wants this to go 4 or 5

I still think Conor can f**k him up on the back peddle (early) IF he gets sloppy/predictable/etc OR, like you said, gets tentative and straddles that punch/kick distance; while he may not be Anderson, Conor still has the counterpunching gift.

I do like your strat for HDA and see a favourable fight for him going along that route. I'll be putting money down on him, but it's loot I'm willing to burn. If he follows a solid gameplan I expect to walk out satisfied.

I still think Conor can f**k him up on the back peddle (early) IF he gets sloppy/predictable/etc OR, like you said, gets tentative and straddles that punch/kick distance; while he may not be Anderson, Conor still has the counterpunching gift.

I do like your strat for HDA and see a favourable fight for him going along that route. I'll be putting money down on him, but it's loot I'm willing to burn. If he follows a solid gameplan I expect to walk out satisfied.
I'm going to put a small amount on RDA so that should guarantee a Conor victory lol.

Similar issue, but sometimes I get lucky in MMA. There is value here but it feels dicey.
I got real lucky with Robbie and I was positive he was going to maul Condit decisively. With Conor it feels wrong to bet against him until be loses even though this fight looks tough for him. Gonna keep it small for fun

Conor is very good at pressuring but he is even better as a counter striker. There's an obvious path for RDA to follow and it's the ground game. If he stands, pressuring or not, I see him getting finished

Conor is very good at pressuring but he is even better as a counter striker. There's an obvious path for RDA to follow and it's the ground game. If he stands, pressuring or not, I see him getting finished
I agree but RDA can probably hurt/slow Conor with his kicking game while avoiding any knockout punch. He needs to pressure for the takedown. But you're right, his counter striking may cause RDA to be hesitant to continue the pressure once Conor backs out of close range unless he has him hurt. Conor can definitely catch Dos Anjos Aldo-style, I just don't think he will give him the same opportunity. RDA is very aggressive but also a smart fighter.

Conor will replicate his KO of Ivan against RDA.

#Mystic Mac

Watch the Pettis RDA fight Pettis allows RDA to walk right up on him in the Conor fight it will be Conor pressuring. If you watch more of the right you will see how slow and laboured RDA's punches are they are also telegraphed.

If RDA turns this into a grapple strike fest he could finish Greg if he stands with him he will lose.

RDA's striking might be primitive compared to McG, but McG's grappling is primitive compared to RDA's.

Thankfully for McG the fight starts standing

The only reason that I open these threads is to affirm my suspicion that the thread starter has signed up either in 2015 or 2016.

Back