RDA's striking is primitive. If he stands with Conor he will lose.

I've watched the sport since I was in my early teens and all through my adult life...

... I compare it to my favorite NBA team the Warriors. I can watch other NBA games, but they feel very meh compared to a GS game.

Same with Conor. He has come in and been so amazing that any other fight feels ho hum in comparison.

Even as a long time hardcore MMA fan I have to admit that Conor is captivating like none before him.
Anderson fights also had this feeling.

I think Conor is better at striking but RDA has a long guard we've never seen Conor deal with

Anderson fights also had this feeling.
For a few fights, but Anderson had too many fights with opposition that you knew stood zero chance. By the time he beat up Hendo there was a pretty long lull period for Silva fights, at least for me.

And even at his height Silva never had me as excited for fights as I was for Conor/Mendes, Conor/Aldo or Conor/RDA.

For a few fights, but Anderson had too many fights with opposition that you knew stood zero chance. By the time he beat up Hendo there was a pretty long lull period for Silva fights, at least for me.

And even at his height Silva never had me as excited for fights as I was for Conor/Mendes, Conor/Aldo or Conor/RDA.

Silva sonnen 2 was the most excited ive been pre fight for a fight.And when chael fell over and anderson just walks him down i was litterally screaming finish him

200.gif

GOAT character.
GOAT show

Silva sonnen 2 was the most excited ive been pre fight for a fight.And when chael fell over and anderson just walks him down i was litterally screaming finish him
Sonnen should be credited for re-igniting the excitement around Silva. Prior to that, as I said since the Henderson fight, he was just wrecking overmatched competition with little hype going into the fights. The only hyped fight I can recall between Sonnen and Hendo was Forrest.

Why do people think that just because a fighter fought a certain way against one fighter that they will always do the same approach? Conor isn't Pettis. I'm sure RDA isn't going to just walk right in and eat punches like he did vs Pettis. He'll be more cautious unless he really is an idiot.

Conor wins are so quick people don't really get to see his full skill se. He trains with Gunnar Nelson, who is beast in the ground, he is a legit brown belt with years of training. He is not as good as RDA on the ground but the gap won't be as huge as everyone makes it out to be. The gap in the stand up however will be huge, in Conors favour.

Conor wins are so quick people don't really get to see his full skill se. He trains with Gunnar Nelson, who is beast in the ground, he is a legit brown belt with years of training. He is not as good as RDA on the ground but the gap won't be as huge as everyone makes it out to be. The gap in the stand up however will be huge, in Conors favour.
Source on connys Brown belt?

I hate how 90% of Sherdog signed up within the last year or two. Fucking noobs are unbearable
I joined in November i think but have been reading the forums for years. I propose 2 options.
1) white belts have their own forums, that way the egregious ones can get banned before we ever read their posts.
2)white belts can't start a thread for the first 3 months. Just read and gather whats appropriate and what isn't. Lol

daily reminder that Khabib outstruck RDA on the feet by almost double... and that was just a few months before RDA won the belt

Thread fail. Conor is the first person to tell you he is NOT FAST as a striker. He believes purely on accuracy and efficiency. Not speed. So, your theory about RDA is out the window.

Watch TUF, he said it over and over and over.

That's why Floyd Mayweather would make Conor, and most anybody else always, look like a fool, crazy speed. Just like RJjr. did in the day.

Anyone saying RDA's striking is primitive should have to absorb the bodykick he landed on Cerrone in the rematch. That should be a forum rule.

So

So can you tell me, how did Kevin Randleman knock Cro-Cop out, when it was a given fact that his stand up was no where near of Cro Cop?
If randleman & cro cop fought 10 times do you think Kevin would land a left hook from Hell all 10 times? Or even 5? Of course not. RDA could land a big shot on the feet & hurt conor, but I don't think it's preposterous to say if it stays standing that favors Conor.

RDA's striking is effective because of the pressure he puts on people, sure its not highly technical...but when he controls the pace it is obviously very effective.

I also am not so sure Conor will be the one controlling the octagon, RDA's TD threat should give him control....that said...Conor has way more power in his hands that Pettis, and RDA was getting tagged a lot before he started spamming TD's and eve when shooting.

Interesting fight regardless.

I am routing for Conor, but I think RDA might take the 5 rd decision.

I generally agree but I don't think Conor can survive for 5 rounds in a fight that RDA controls with takedowns. Basically I think if RDA spends enough time on top of Conor to earn a decision, he will pound him out or sub him well before the end of five rounds. Conor will earn alot of respect if he endures a beating like Pettis received.

RDA "primitive" striking is one of the few that includes effective straight punches.
All the other evolved strikers throw hooks and overhead.

LOL

even celebrated strikers like JDS don't know the difference from an hook to a flail-type-swing.

RDA's striking is effective because of the pressure he puts on people, sure its not highly technical...but when he controls the pace it is obviously very effective.

I also am not so sure Conor will be the one controlling the octagon, RDA's TD threat should give him control....that said...Conor has way more power in his hands that Pettis, and RDA was getting tagged a lot before he started spamming TD's and eve when shooting.

Interesting fight regardless.

I am routing for Conor, but I think RDA might take the 5 rd decision.
I do not think Conor cares much about the TD.

Back