RDA's non stop pressure and cardio will be too much for Conor.

Not only will he make it to the 2nd round. I think for the first time Conor's gonna look legitimately befuddled, and with a concerned, deer in the headlights look on his face after the 1st round.

Kind of like Ronda vs Holly. Not saying he's gonna get embarrassed on that amatuerish of a levels, but I think for the first time he's gonna feel like he's in danger of legitimately losing, and not knowing what to do, besides hoping he gets enough breathing room to land a perfect counter.

Do you also see yourself in a king size bed with a host of naked supermodels? Inside a brand new mansion with an array of sports cars on the drive.

If you do, I don't that happening either.

That's a good break down, and I respect your opinion. I just think RDA's so ferocious, and incredibly sudden with his shots, that it's easy from the outside looking in on what you should do with him, but its a whole other ball game when you're actually in there with him.

Just like with Pacquiao opponents. They almost all say the same thing. Watching tape, you can see his flaws, and you know what you're supposed to do when he does a certain move or tendency, but it's totally different when your in the ring with him, because your not used to that type of speed and power, and it really throws you off your game.

Same can be said for a guy like Conor. You see his flaws, and tendencies while watching fight footage, but actually being in there with him is a completely different story.

And no, I'm not saying RDA's striking is on Pacquiao levels in terms of boxing. Just saying they're similar in that they don't really telegraph their shots, and their strikes are very sudden, and shocking as they land on you.

I agree. Conor and Dos Anjos (probably because there was a lot of chatter that he was juiced up) won't be given credit by past opponents. Conor's for obvious reason and Dos Anjos for what I put in brackets maybe.

I was interested to see how Dos Anjos looked if the Cerrone fight was stretched out a bit longer. I don't think we would have seen much, but Dos Anjos had been talking about the IV ban and thinking of moving up to WW in the future. I thought that was a good point he made at the press conference about Dos Anjos blowing up in weight and then having to prepare again for another foot soon enough after the Cerrone one.

There's still the argument that the IV is nothing but a placebo and orally re-hydrating is better than the IV and vise versa. Some fighters say it makes them feel better, while others say it makes no difference. Over analyzing now at this point but that might be a concern for Dos Anjos and play in the back of his mind.

Yeah, but I thought the only fight he really used them to the point where he crippled someone was the Diaz fight. Diaz stood there and tried to close the distance by trying to march him down and he got smashed with the kicks before he could barely stand.

I think Conor's counter to that will be not standing stationary and coming at him from different angles. I don't think it'll be anywhere close to being as prevalent as Rousey & Holm, but I could see passages of the fight where it's the Bull chasing down the Matador. I think there's so many different ways the fight can go which makes it interesting and it being hard to call anything that will definitely happen in the fight.

He was also very effective agaisnt Bendo, and Pettis with the leg and body kicks. Actually, if memeory serves me correct, not so much with the leg kicks on pettis, but definitely the body kicks.

And yeah, the fight can play out so many ways, which makes its so intriguing. I absolutely love this matchup, and Conor gets so much props for taking this fight.

How many FWs, let alone the FW champ take on the best LW in the world?

And I think a lot of the Conor mystique and x-factor with him is his supreme confidence, and he just seems like he knows something we don't.

He is the best at selling a fight, and even if he's going up agaisnt Weidman, he'd still convince you he'd have a chance.

As much as I didn't like his antics at the UFC 196 presser, it sure as hell works, and for a brief moment you do believe he's gonna KO him in 1 round, just because of hotter much conviction he said things with, and it doesn't hurt that he predicted he'd embarrass Aldo, and become the king of FWs, and ACTUALLY did it.

Love him or hate him, he's awesome fire the sport. It's fun to root against or want a certain fighter to lose, sometimes, and its especially fun when said fighter kids really good, so it's that much more satisfying.

Yeah, I'm coming off line a hater, but just being honest

And another thing I want to point out. If you watch the Porier fight, you'll see that Dustin was very effective in the shots that he landed, and did give him trouble for as long as the fight lasted. I think it had to do with his size, and his southpaw stance. Rewatch the fight and you'll see that he cracked him clean on a number of occasions.

The thing is, RDA is 10x the fighter, and has legit stopping power. I'm not just talking about KO power, but when he lands you take full notice, and stop in your tracks while having to respect the power, and resetting.

If RDA lands like Dustin did, Conor's in a world of trouble compared to the FWs that landed on him, and fought him.

I'm telling you, the elite LWs are gonna be able to take Conor's best shots while continuing to fight their fights. It's a whole other ball game at the top of the LW division. These guys are a full 15-20 lbs. bigger than the FWs come fight night, and during training, and the off season.

Mark my words, Conor's gonna regret stepping for in there Octagon against RDA, and any other top LWs he faces I'm the future.
I'm with you brother. This is gonna be a terrible night for McGregor. It'll be great for Sherdog though because all of these small penis children can go back to their Marvel and DC comics. They won't have any business on these boards once Conor loses this fight. That's all they came here for to begin with.

Do you also see yourself in a king size bed with a host of naked supermodels? Inside a brand new mansion with an array of sports cars on the drive.

Hey, its just a prediction, and its not that far fetched considering he's the CHAMPION at a higher weight class.

Does it really sound crazy after the guy demolished Pettis, first guy to finish Bendo, and beat Cerrone twice, while massacaring him in the rematch???

Are either of the two of you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s betting anything?

Betting slips? You've ran your sucks long enough now. Post'em up brah! Put your money where your man pleasers are.

You see, the game is much more fun when two are playing it.

I didn't understand a word of that.

I agree. Conor and Dos Anjos (probably because there was a lot of chatter that he was juiced up) won't be given credit by past opponents. Conor's for obvious reason and Dos Anjos for what I put in brackets maybe.

I was interested to see how Dos Anjos looked if the Cerrone fight was stretched out a bit longer. I don't think we would have seen much, but Dos Anjos had been talking about the IV ban and thinking of moving up to WW in the future. I thought that was a good point he made at the press conference about Dos Anjos blowing up in weight and then having to prepare again for another foot soon enough after the Cerrone one.

There's still the argument that the IV is nothing but a placebo and orally re-hydrating is better than the IV and vise versa. Some fighters say it makes them feel better, while others say it makes no difference. Over analyzing now at this point but that might be a concern for Dos Anjos and play in the back of his mind.

Could play a role. I personally don't think soz because of how sharp and energetic he looked in the cowboy fight.

But yeah, you never take what a fighter says about thing like that lightly. Just like when Khabib s taking about retirement, you can't just brush that under the rug. Anytime a fighter contemplates retirement, his foot is out the door.

Ay that truly truly believes he'll be back, better than ever never says something like that. Look at Derrick Rose. Had ultra confidence, even after all the injuries, and now he's beasting this season.

BUT, Cruz also contemplated giving up, and just putting all his efforts into the analyzing gig on FOX, butnloom at him now.

Man, its a breath of fresh air discussion actual mma, without getting fanboyish, and arguing with someone. Respect, brother. I would add you to my friends list, bury I'm on mobile, so I can't. I'll add you later when I'm on my desktop.

This.

I enjoy MMA a lot more since I've stopped watching fights to see a particular fighter lose, and started to simply watch fights for the love of the sport.

I must confess though that there has been an exception to that rule in the last ~2 years: I forced myself to watch every Lousey Rousey's fights because I didn't want to miss THE fight where she would get the mean-mugging badass-wannabe bitch kicked out of her. Holly Holm didn't dissapoint

But yeah, in general taking sides and getting involved emotionally when there's no money involved is dumb.
Correct sir, I too enjoy the fights itself a lot more since I stopped rooting for a particular fighter for no reason at all. With notable exceptions of course, namely Chubby Rousey and maybe Bisping, always fun to watch him get beat up.

I didn't understand a word of that.
I know you didn't. Conor fans are too stupid to read. Hence the reason that you kids don't bring anything but bullshit to the table when having a proper and logical MMA discussion... TS, unlike myself, isn't very cut throat, has a solid and respectable breakdown of this fight and all you two fucking pansies can bring to the table is, "Betting slips? Put your money where you mouth is." All because he's picking against your hero...

Meanwhile neither of you are betting fuck all. I'll be smiling from ear to ear when RDA wins this fight. Hell, in fact, I'm even planning to put in a vacation day on March 6th just so I can be here to really dig in on you fat lardass losers.

Are either of the two of you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s betting anything?

Betting slips? You've ran your sucks long enough now. Post'em up brah! Put your money where your man pleasers are.

You see, the game is much more fun when two are playing it.

I love how I'm a "Conor hater", because I think an absolute monster of a fighter can and is going to beat Conor.

Maybez if I said Joe Lauzon can beat him I'd get where you're coming from, but for gods sakez have a little more respect for Dos Anjos.

And what the hell does me not betting on the fight have to do with me thinking RDA will win?

I think the Warriors are gonna beat whieve rthey face next, but doesn't mean I'm betting on it (although I'd probably win nothing since they'd be the considerable favorite).

Sherdog and its " show me your bet slip) BS.

If RDA makes the second round I'll be impressed with him.
Care to break that down, other than a wild prediction of the outcome? A little elaboration? Do you know anything about either of the two of these guys other than who they've recently faced? Serious question.

Last edited:
Hey, its just a prediction, and its not that far fetched considering he's the CHAMPION at a higher weight class.

Does it really sound crazy after the guy demolished Pettis, first guy to finish Bendo, and beat Cerrone twice, while massacaring him in the rematch???

Conor has had a far bigger test in his last fight than RDA poses and made it look easy. RDA hasn't fought anybody at Conors level on the feet and Conor has beaten a far superior wrestler before. I'm more interested in how Conor KO's RDA rather than if, which is a little different than his last 2 where I picked Conor but didn't have the same certainty. However if I am wrong I'll own up to the fact I was one who said Conor was right, light work and I stand corrected and give RDA his due.

Correct sir, I too enjoy the fights itself a lot more since I stopped rooting for a particular fighter for no reason at all. With notable exceptions of course, namely Chubby Rousey and maybe Bisping, always fun to watch him get beat up.

Yeah, I'm rooting for RDA, but even then, just because you predict a fighter to beat the other doesn't necessarily mean you're rooting for the guy to win, and the other to lose.

Hell, I think Khabib would rag doll Pettis, but I'd be rooting like hell does Pettis to win.

Last edited:
I love how I'm a "Conor hater", because I think an absolute monster of a fighter can and is going to beat Conor.

Maybez if I said Joe Lauzon can beat him I'd get where you're coming from, but for gods sakez have a little more respect for Dos Anjos.

And what the hell does me not betting on the fight have to do with me thinking RDA will win?

I think the Warriors are gonna beat whieve rthey face next, but doesn't mean I'm betting on it (although I'd probably win nothing since they'd be the considerable favorite).

Sherdog and its " show me your bet slip) BS.
I don't know if you read my comment right but I'm on your side, mate! I love how Conor fans automatically accuse anyone of being a hater if they pick another fighter to beat him and even offer a valid, thorough and logical breakdown as to why we are making this pick. I'm picking RDA based on MANY pretenses. And I steadily catch heat from 12 year old school boys who don't know shit. And absolutely NONE OF THEM offer anything other than childish bullshit.

Last edited:
I know you didn't. Conor fans are too stupid to read. Hence the reason that you kids don't bring anything but bullshit to the table when having a proper and logical MMA discussion... TS, unlike myself, isn't very cut throat, has a solid and respectable breakdown of this fight and all you two fucking pansies can bring to the table is, "Betting slips? Put your money where you mouth is." All because he's picking against your hero...

Meanwhile neither of you are betting fuck all. I'll be smiling from ear to ear when RDA wins this fight. Hell, in fact, I'm even planning to put in a vacation day on March 6th just so I can be here to really dig in on you fat lardass losers.

I don't know why you wasted your time writing that, I can't read.

Last edited:
He was also very effective agaisnt Bendo, and Pettis with the leg and body kicks. Actually, if memeory serves me correct, not so much with the leg kicks on pettis, but definitely the body kicks.

And yeah, the fight can play out so many ways, which makes its so intriguing. I absolutely love this matchup, and Conor gets so much props for taking this fight.

How many FWs, let alone the FW champ take on the best LW in the world?

And I think a lot of the Conor mystique and x-factor with him is his supreme confidence, and he just seems like he knows something we don't.

He is the best at selling a fight, and even if he's going up agaisnt Weidman, he'd still convince you he'd have a chance.

As much as I didn't like his antics at the UFC 196 presser, it sure as hell works, and for a brief moment you do believe he's gonna KO him in 1 round, just because of hotter much conviction he said things with, and it doesn't hurt that he predicted he'd embarrass Aldo, and become the king of FWs, and ACTUALLY did it.

Love him or hate him, he's awesome fire the sport. It's fun to root against or want a certain fighter to lose, sometimes, and its especially fun when said fighter kids really good, so it's that much more satisfying.

Yeah, I'm coming off line a hater, but just being honest

I don't think there is much mystique about him - I'm not even sure what that means, to be honest. I know a lot of people talked about him being out there getting his name noticed to build his own name up by calling fighters out after one fight and that he was a nobody from Ireland who fought nobodies. If you look back at old interviews of him, he's actually more hyper.

He does play up to the persona, but he is, imo, real for the most part. I don't care much for him talking about cars, money, the game on its knees, etc. I didn't like when he mentioned Dos Anjos' kids - it's not like he called them two little shits or insulted them, he used them to give them generic American names. Either way, I think family is a no, no. Apart from that I don't think he said anything else that was uncalled for?

He's talked about all the press and dishing out insults as being fun and games to him and not something he takes personally. But I think the most important thing for him is that he puts in the training, he's said before he's not afraid to win or lose and that he's still learning. I don't think you can be a genuinely, cocky prick and go far in MMA. He doesn't have the distractions in Dublin that he could have if he moved to Vegas or California. I think he's grounded in that sense.

No, definitely, people will have their favourites and one's they dislike. Nothing wrong with that. But just on here there's a lot of what you'd expect to read on an internet forum about a lot of fighters. Thompson is all of a sudden Anderson Silva II because of one fight.

Conor has had a far bigger test in his last fight than RDA poses and made it look easy. RDA hasn't fought anybody at Conors level on the feet and Conor has beaten a far superior wrestler before. I'm more interested in how Conor KO's RDA rather than if, which is a little different than his last 2 where I picked Conor but didn't have the same certainty. However if I am wrong I'll own up to the fact I was one who said Conor was right, light work and I stand corrected and give RDA his due.
Aldo of today after pulling out of what, five title fights with injuries is nowhere near as dangerous as RDA is right now and deep down inside you know that's true. This is just your guy's way of making yourself believe Conor is just gonna walk in there and have his way, and that's a true false sense of security and I'm here to tell ya. You Conor fans keep bringing up Aldo like this means a fucking thing going into THIS fight when this isn't Aldo, this isn't FW and RDA fights nothing like Aldo. He's a southpaw, has way better cardio than Aldo and won't fade late in the fight, he's much more physically dense with higher core strength, has a better clinch, kicks just as deadly, is a higher level BB in BJJ both on paper and in the cage, etc.

You kids are about to be shocked, I'm just gonna leave it like that.

care to elaborate other than a wild prediction of the outcome? A little elaboration? Do you know anything about either of the two of gear guys other than who they've recently faced? Serious question.

Oooh double points scrabble word for Doc :)

I've watched Conor in CW as I hold CW above any other European mma promotion including Bamma, I see it as a replacement for Cage Rage. I've watched RDA only since he became a ufc fighter and from what I have seen I see the whole fight as almost a full round of stuffed half hearted TD/clinch attempts, body kicks and straights and hooks accompanied by taunts and a tko of a broken down opponent.

Aldo of today after pulling out of what, five title fights with injuries is nowhere near as dangerous as RDA is right now and deep down inside you know that's true. You Conor fans keep bringing up Aldo like this means a fucking thing going into THIS fight when this isn't Aldo, this isn't FW and RDA fights nothing like Aldo. He's a southpaw, has way better cardio than Aldo and won't fade late in the fight, he's much more physically dense with higher core strength, has a better clinch, kicks just as deadly, is a higher level BB in BJJ both on paper and in the cage, etc.

You kids are about to be shocked, I'm just gonna leave it like that.

I'm 39 you silly sausage.

One would think I was predicting your mothers were going to get beat up lol

I respectfully disagree I think Bendo and Pettis are more difficult fights than Aldo. I take into account the fact that I think both guys would beat Aldo at LW, and have always thought this, plus the fight is being held at LW, so RDA's track record against elite fighters at this weight class holds far more merit than the the fighters that Conor bear at LW.

I also think RDA holds an advantage in the experience department, since he's been fighting UFC caliber fighters for lon

I respectfully disagree that Conor has faced the more difficult fighters. I think Bendo and Pettis are tougher matchups than Aldo at LW, and I think both fighters would beat Aldo at LW, and I've always felt this. I also think RDA is far more rested at fighting the top guys at LW, and that holds a ton of merit, since this'd fight is being held at LW.

And I think RDA has the overall experience advantage, since he's been fighting UFC caliber fighters longer than Conor has, and especially at LW.

Believe me when I say this. I would not be surprised at all if he were to beat RDA. Conor's proven to be as elite as they come, but that's at FW during his UFC run. RDA is the king of the division where the fights taking place, so I give RDA the advantage in the tougher schedule category.

Back