RDA VS McGregor is not close in the standup

Did you see this gif in slow motion? Chad missed the second punch in the combo entirely and the first right hand he leapt in with missed Conor's chin, in fact, there's another angle that shows it. Conor was taunting him openly and moved his head in the nick of time. He was talking to Mendes and still caused him to miss both. The shit haters try to post is laughable.

And your totally missing the point son Conor enjoyed a 8" reach advantage yet Mendes was able to lay hands on Conor. Against Rafael he won't have such a luxury and brings more to the table than Chad accept the deep wrestling. Conor looked very beatable against a 2 week camp Mendes I think a full camp Dos Anjos gives Conor nightmares for years to come.

I do think the striking differential is greater than the grappling differential. I also think RDA is the much stronger guy. Idk, I think Conor gets the TKO within two, and I think that's an objective opinion. But damn RDA just seems so monstrous. I'll be glad when Conor gets the win and this fight is over with. It makes me nervous.

Then your thinking is faulty.

RDA has mauled Bendo, Pettis, Nate, and Cerrone on the feet brutally. Conor has done nothing on the ground besides hold on for dear life against Mendes begging for a stand up.

RDA's striking and grappling are both elite. Conors stand up is elite, but his grappling is the worst of any belt holder in MMA right now. Some of the worst in the top 5 of any division actually.

RDA has advantage over McG pretty much everywhere except in the left hook.

Except standing. Not to mention that Conor's left hook, while good, isn't even his best punch it's his left cross. SMH.

Then your thinking is faulty.

RDA has mauled Bendo, Pettis, Nate, and Cerrone on the feet brutally. Conor has done nothing on the ground besides hold on for dear life against Mendes begging for a stand up.

RDA's striking and grappling are both elite. Conors stand up is elite, but his grappling is the worst of any belt holder in MMA right now.

RDA's striking is not elite. Having power doesn't mean your have elite striking. Roy Nelson has power in spades.

And your totally missing the point son Conor enjoyed a 8" reach advantage yet Mendes was able to lay hands on Conor. Against Rafael he won't have such a luxury and brings more to the table than Chad accept the deep wrestling. Conor looked very beatable against a 2 week camp Mendes I think a full camp Dos Anjos gives Conor nightmares for years to come.

Conor stood right in front of him, did he not? Mendes was also able to land on Aldo repeatedly and Aldo has the best head movement under 185 pounds. If you want to compare a McGregor that reinjured his ACL and had to face his stylistic "nightmare" on short notice (he had a full camp but prepared for a striker) then go for it. RDA isn't Mendes dude. Sorry to break it to you. He's much slower and doesn't have the double leg Chad's got. RDA hasn't just looked beatable before he's been beaten a total of 7 times in his pro career and been knocked out.

RDA's striking is not elite. Having power doesn't mean your have elite striking. Roy Nelson has power in spades.

Like I said, he absolutely ran through Bendo, Nate, Pettis, and Cerrone on the feet. If you don't think that's elite striking, you're an idiot.

zomg he throws hooks instead of straights he's a sloppy bum and sucks conor via head clean off.

lol ya'll kill me.

And so was Siver. They didn't nothing to him. And RDA looks very slow with his kicks to be honest.

Stephen-A-Smith.jpg

Like I said, he absolutely ran through Bendo, Nate, Pettis, and Cerrone on the feet. If you don't think that's elite striking, you're an idiot.

zomg he throws hooks instead of straights he's a sloppy bum and sucks conor via head clean off.

lol ya'll kill me.

I love your personal insults. The height of argumentative discourse.

Conor has a huge advantage over RDA in plumbing. If he can factor that into the fight then he's surely going to win.

Conor stood right in front of him, did he not? Mendes was also able to land on Aldo repeatedly and Aldo has the best head movement under 185 pounds. If you want to compare a McGregor that reinjured his ACL and had to face his stylistic "nightmare" on short notice (he had a full camp but prepared for a striker) then go for it. RDA isn't Mendes dude. Sorry to break it to you. He's much slower and doesn't have the double leg Chad's got. RDA hasn't just looked beatable before he's been beaten a total of 7 times in his pro career and been knocked out.

Is this what you crossing your fingers & closing your eyes on, that RDA as been beaten in the past? Faceplanter you sound wishful and not truly confident about your boyz chances in this one. Fact is he's lost before and now he's LW champ it's called improving your fight game. Mendes only wishes he had some of the tools that RDA owns or we would be having a whole different conversation.

McGregor doesn't enjoy a reach advantage in this fight which is interesting.

And yes, he can take McGregor down at will. You don't need Mendes' wrestling acumen to take McGregor down.

Is this what you crossing your fingers & closing your eyes on, that RDA as been beaten in the past? Faceplanter you sound wishful and not truly confident about your boyz chances in this one. Fact is he's lost before and now he's LW champ it's called improving your fight game. Mendes only wishes he had some of the tools that RDA owns or we would be having a whole different conversation.

You're the saltiest McG hater on this forum so I'll be holding you to your word. After Conor knocks him senseless you'll be a believer and stop talking shit just because you want to see him lose but he's too skilled and keeps winning (the Mayweather effect).

Check my post history I tried to bet 5 grand on Conor and the other clown didn't even have the money but fronted like he did. He didn't have the cash on hand. But yeah, I'm not confident? lol ok. If Mendes was a natural LW and still had his chin (no thanks to Conor and Frankie) he'd run through 155. You're in for a reality check when he steps into the cage with McGregor. He's getting countered immediately if he tries to heavily pressure Conor and throw caution to the wind. It'll look like the Brimage fight or the Aldo fight all over again. And as Firas also said, which everybody knows, McGregor is the bigger puncher so if he chooses to walk RDA down then he will. What he'll end up doing though is looking for the counter right away like he did against Aldo.

RDA is tailor made to get countered by Conor, if I'm being honest. He better hope he can get him to the mat and keep him there. That won't be as easy as you think it will be, Conor's range control is excellent, his sprawl is very good and he won't get caught up against the cage where RDA gets most of his takedowns from.

I love your personal insults. The height of argumentative discourse.

I didn't call you an idiot, I said if you think that you're an idiot, and I'm pretty sure any MMA fan would agree, besides other idiots. Bendo, Pettis, Nate, and Cerrone are among some of the best strikers in MMA and RDA absolutely mauled them striking, so yea.

And yes, he can take McGregor down at will. You don't need Mendes' wrestling acumen to take McGregor down.

So, because you say this is true, it's true? Take away the gifted takedown (flying knee attempt) from McGregor in the Mendes fight and Conor stuffed half his takedown attempts without even having a camp to prep for a wrestler. Watch how your "at will" works out. You don't even understand what you're watching.

A short camp Mendes ragdolled McG at will pretty much. RDA's advantage on the ground is much better than McG's advantage on the feet
>mendes ragdolled Conor at will
>conor stuffed 3/7 takedowns & got up at least twice
Sure buddy. Sure.

I didn't call you an idiot, I said if you think that you're an idiot, and I'm pretty sure any MMA fan would agree, besides other idiots. Bendo, Pettis, Nate, and Cerrone are among some of the best strikers in MMA and RDA absolutely mauled them striking, so yea.

So, for example, do you think RDA is a better striker than Pettis? He outstruck Pettis because of his pressure that stems from his grappling ability.

Idk why I even get in these exchanges on Sherdog anymore. We're both committed to our opinions and we disagree. I respect your opinion but I don't subscribe to it.

Mcgregor has a 4 inch reach advantage.(74" vs 70")

So, because you say this is true, it's true? Take away the gifted takedown (flying knee attempt) from McGregor in the Mendes fight and Conor stuffed half his takedown attempts without even having a camp to prep for a wrestler. Watch how your "at will" works out. You don't even understand what you're watching.
Siver nearly got him down several times and RDA is 10x stronger and more explosive. You really think he didn't prep for a wrestler, huh? You'll believe anything McGregor and Kavanagh tell you.

So Conor probably has a slight striking advantage, so what? RDA has a huge grappling advantage. It wouldn't surprise me at all if RDA finishes this with a RNC. Short of Conor catching a quick KO, it is going to hit the ground at some point.

Back