RDA VS McGregor is not close in the standup

FullRoundAldo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I mean, it's pretty clear Conor is a lot better, those counters, that power, the ability to take hard punches like setup jabs. RDA loves throwing hard strong haymakers, which Conor will see before RDA wakes up the morning of fight day. The stand-up is gonna look like a guy who knows the controls of a fighting game against a guy who just picked it up and only knows how to move, kick, and punch. I'm telling you now Conor haters, RDA better magically get better wrestling than Mendes. Mystic Mack ain't wrong about that first round ko/tko.

More breaking news: RDA has the advantage on the ground.

And RDA wasn't supposed to out-strike Pettis. But he went at him like a fucking demon and smashed his orbital to shit in the first minute.

Maybe RDA won't get in a boxing match and try this more + threat of the takedown

tumblr_ngl37gvLww1u2ragso1_r1_500.gif

Rafael%2Bdos%2BAnjos%2BLeg%2BKicks%2BNate%2BDiaz%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

Last edited:
Breaking News: There is a group currently coding a website for Fight Enthusiasts!!

The inside scoop on the name of this website is Sherdog!!

giphy.gif

A short camp Mendes ragdolled McG at will pretty much. RDA's advantage on the ground is much better than McG's advantage on the feet

Firas Zahabi says that RDA has very good standup. I'll take his word over yours and every other McG nuthugger.

The thing is RDA might be big enough to be able to take McGregor down even if he isn't as good a wrestler as Mendes.

We have also never seen Conor in the clinch defending against knees or against leg kicks and body kicks. We were supposed to see it in the Aldo fight but it didn't go long enough.

The thing is after the Aldo KO people should be more careful. Don't forget Mendes does not have great defense and survived how many exchanges on the feet? The Aldo KO was crazy but also very unusual considering less than a year prior you had Dennis Siver surviving into the second round.

He may be the better striker, I say he is. But after the Aldo KO people act like its not feasible that RDA can survive on the feet and pick his shots to grapple.

I mean, it's pretty clear Conor is a lot better, those counters, that power, the ability to take hard punches like setup jabs. RDA loves throwing hard strong haymakers, which Conor will see before RDA wakes up the morning of fight day. The stand-up is gonna look like a guy who knows the controls of a fighting game against a guy who just picked it up and only knows how to move, kick, and punch. I'm telling you now Conor haters, RDA better magically get better wrestling than Mendes. Mystic Mack ain't wrong about that first round ko/tko.

Hmmm....tough choice, should I listen to Firas Zahabi who thinks the fight is competitive on the stand up or TS

Hmmm....tough choice, should I listen to Firas Zahabi who thinks the fight is competitive on the stand up or TS
Firas pretty much said what is pretty well known amongst the MMA community that's not full retarded and has the ability to truly break down a fight objectively and without bias. He said that Conor will have the boxing advantage but with his wide stance, RDA's super dangerous leg and body chops will be something to be seriously worried about.

He definitely thinks RDA will dominate the clinch and the grappling, so without directly saying it, if you put it all together he's saying Conor's only shot is to avoid the clinch, avoid the takedowns, stay on the outside and look for openings. Because anywhere else, RDA is at a huge advantage. He also says if it goes past 1 1/2 rounds, RDA will win it. So in his opinion and mine as well, if Conor can't get it done early, he's fucked.

The thing is after the Aldo KO people should be more careful. Don't forget Mendes does not have great defense and survived how many exchanges on the feet? The Aldo KO was crazy but also very unusual considering less than a year prior you had Dennis Siver surviving into the second round.

He may be the better striker, I say he is. But after the Aldo KO people act like its not feasible that RDA can survive on the feet and pick his shots to grapple.

Siver barely survived into the 2nd round because he was running and Conor was taking his time picking him apart. Conor ends fights quickest when he's exclusively looking to counter. He'll be looking to mostly counter against RDA meaning it could be a very short night for Rafael. Chad was able to use his wrestling to survive almost the entire 2 full rounds. Had it stayed standing he wouldn't have made it into round 2 most likely and if he somehow did it wouldn't have taken Conor till the end of that round to wrap him up from all of the cumulative damage prior. Conor didn't look to counter Mendes that much, he pressured the hell out of him and most of his counter attempts were halfhearted except for a couple.

I don't know if mini Mendes can touch Conor with his T-rex reach, southpaw RDA should be able to stand and touch Conor for as long he wants until he decides to put him on his back...

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back