RDA VS McGregor is not close in the standup

I don't know if mini Mendes can touch Conor with his T-rex reach, southpaw RDA should be able to stand and touch Conor for as long he wants until he decides to put him on his back...

giphy.gif

Do you think Conor can eat RDA's punches like that?

Good luck...

You might get a suprise come fight night. Rafael corderia is top notch fighter and trainer

I don't know if mini Mendes can touch Conor with his T-rex reach, southpaw RDA should be able to stand and touch Conor for as long he wants until he decides to put him on his back...

giphy.gif
Yes, he hit him with some clean shots there, really affected him and landed flush. He also wasn't getting outstruck 2:1.

I do think the striking differential is greater than the grappling differential. I also think RDA is the much stronger guy. Idk, I think Conor gets the TKO within two, and I think that's an objective opinion. But damn RDA just seems so monstrous. I'll be glad when Conor gets the win and this fight is over with. It makes me nervous.

Poirier was able to hit Conor with leg kicks.

And so was Siver. They didn't nothing to him. And RDA looks very slow with his kicks to be honest. What about Conor tko by leg kick check. Anyways they can't spam leg kicks on Conor because some time he will catch the right timing and counter them.

If anything RDA should use body kicks, he is great with those, but again, Conor can always counter and better than anyone he fought before.

Firas pretty much said what is pretty well known amongst the MMA community that's not full retarded and has the ability to truly break down a fight objectively and without bias. He said that Conor will have the boxing advantage but with his wide stance, RDA's super dangerous leg and body chops will be something to be seriously worried about.

He definitely thinks RDA will dominate the clinch and the grappling, so without directly saying it, if you put it all together he's saying Conor's only shot is to avoid the clinch, avoid the takedowns, stay on the outside and look for openings. Because anywhere else, RDA is at a huge advantage. He also says if it goes past 1 1/2 rounds, RDA will win it. So in his opinion and mine as well, if Conor can't get it done early, he's fucked.

That was an awesome analysis. Hard to argue with the points he made.

giphy.gif

Did you see this gif in slow motion? Chad missed the second punch in the combo entirely and the first right hand he leapt in with missed Conor's chin, in fact, there's another angle that shows it. Conor was taunting him openly and moved his head in the nick of time. He was talking to Mendes and still caused him to miss both. The shit haters try to post is laughable.

Maybe RDA won't get in a boxing match and try this more + threat of the takedown

tumblr_ngl37gvLww1u2ragso1_r1_500.gif

Rafael%2Bdos%2BAnjos%2BLeg%2BKicks%2BNate%2BDiaz%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

This. Are people around here so new that they think mma standup = boxing? Sure Conor is the much better boxer, but RDA is much better at Muay Thai.

Conor is very vulnerable to kicks. Siver was able to land 15 leg kicks in less than 2 rounds, Poirier was able to land 7 in a couple minutes. Unless Conor finds the KO super early his legs are going to get destroyed.

Good luck...

I think Conor is in very deep waters when it comes to RDA, Conor will be forever lost if he can't secure his patent left hand in the 1st or 2nd round.

A short camp Mendes ragdolled McG at will pretty much. RDA's advantage on the ground is much better than McG's advantage on the feet
No he didn't lol he hung on for dear life on the ground because he knew the minute it went back to the fight he would get knocked out. And he did

Rafael absolutely destroys chad mendes

Or you have very little social life.
Silver belt with a trillion posts in three months makes you a winner!!! There's no way a new account could be someone banned from the 2002 era of Sherdog and knows a fuck load more about MMA than most folks on here, or were a fan for years prior to starting a new account.

The only way you can be a knowledgable fan on Sherdog is if you have a colored belt and a billion posts!

TS conveniently ignores the strongest aspect of RDA's Striking game: his kicks. He's an excellent kicker with both legs.

Good luck...

The first didn't land clean (that is, on the chin), Conor moved his head, and the second punch in the combination didn't even land at all. Conor was taunting him as he rushed in, btw.

You might be a little surprised with these gifs from an older thread that shows Conor evading Mendes' punches and even clipping him with counters. http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...ldo-vs-mcgregor.3048455/page-3#post-108215687

One of the biggest punches Rogan thought Mendes landed and fans also didn't land, it hit Conor's shoulder, and Conor caught him with a counter left over the top.

Last edited:
RDA has advantage over McG pretty much everywhere except in the left hook.

Back