RDA Hype-train

Hype?

He took out bendo with strikes
shut down and punished Nate
Beat down Pettis
Ripped throught Cerrone

If it's hype it is justified just as much as the hype conor has gotten.
You mean RDA when he couldn't finish an overweight, sick, under trained Nate Diaz? This is your "Legit" Champ? Think Conor would let Diaz off with on ly winning a decision? Come on now.

Look at Henderson now, he ran away to Bellator!

The main reason I come off as talking down about RDA is that a lot of RDA fans are saying: "RDA is better than Aldo, fight won't go the same way... RDA is a better striker than Aldo....RDA is more dangerous than Aldo....Is RDA the best lightweight of all time?....RDA is such a good wrestler....blah, blah, blah." I'm pointing to the numbers to question these sentiments and point to a logical result to RDA vs. Mcgregor. RDA is not about to KO Mcgregor, he can't even outstrike Khabib, who's not even for his striking at all. RDA is not about to take Conor down IMO as Conor will be too quick and evasive for RDA to take him down against the cage. RDA is not about to submit Conor, RDA has only two sub victories in his 19 UFC fights and it was against less than stellar competition.

Having said that, the only result that would even make remote sense is if RDA beats Conor by decision, which I don't see happening either.
Well RDA is a completely different beast than Aldo is now. You talk about RDAs finishing rate but it isn't exactly like Aldo's was super hot in the UFC. And to definitively say that Conor is too fast go be taken down and won't be submitted is nuts. Sure he may have only submitted "lesser opponents" but it isn't like Conor hasn't been subbed before. And by people with less cred than RDA no less. The reason people are saying things about him compared to Aldo and think the fight will be different is because RDA is bigger, stronger, has improved every time he's been in the cage and has a completely different fighting style.

Did you see his last fight? Dude is a beast right now.

Well RDA is a completely different beast than Aldo is now. You talk about RDAs finishing rate but it isn't exactly like Aldo's was super hot in the UFC. And to definitively say that Conor is too fast go be taken down and won't be submitted is nuts. Sure he may have only submitted "lesser opponents" but it isn't like Conor hasn't been subbed before. And by people with less cred than RDA no less. The reason people are saying things about him compared to Aldo and think the fight will be different is because RDA is bigger, stronger, has improved every time he's been in the cage and has a completely different fighting style.
Conor is a Brown belt in BJJ now, when he was submitted it was within his first 6 fights...he's fought 15 times since then...

How about this...Not only will RDA NOT submit Conor, RDA will only ever submit one other fighter for the rest of his career and it won't be in a title fight?

Conor is a Brown belt in BJJ now, when he was submitted it was within his first 6 fights...he's fought 15 times since then...

How about this...Not only will RDA NOT submit Conor, RDA will only ever submit one other fighter for the rest of his career and it won't be in a title fight?
Idk, how about that? I'm not saying he will but saying it's impossible is just stupid. Shit, it's possible Conor submits him. Saying anything will or won't happen definitively in this sport is stupid.

Idk, how about that? I'm not saying he will but saying it's impossible is just stupid. Shit, it's possible Conor submits him. Saying anything will or won't happen definitively in this sport is stupid.
#'s don't lie though

Conor ko'd the best featherweight and arguably one of the top 5 P4P fighters in MMA history and made it look easy. RDA has done nothing of the sort. Bendo is overrated, he would never hold a title in the UFC again, THAT is why he went to Bellator. Nate will never hold a title, complete middle of the road fighter. Pettis is equally overrated as Bendo. Guida has beaten both RDA and Pettis... Cerrone crumbles under pressure in big fights. Always has. Conor beat not only Aldo, but Mendes a guy who had only lost in championship fights against Aldo until that point.

Too bad they actually have to fight and not just have a resume contest.

#'s don't lie though
Okay, they also don't tell an entire story either. All of Conor's best wins and finishes have been at FW, a weight class he mostly has a size and strength advantage over. I just don't get why you're trying so hard to downplay a possible Conor win unless you secretly don't like him and want to use this to downplay his résumé if he wins.

Lol, I tried starting a UFC fighter doppelganger thread, but my computer was too slow to upload with all the pics so I gave up on it. Apparently the photos stayed when I went to make this thread.

Daniel Craig was supposed to be Dennis Siver's doppelganger. Can you see it?

Yeah i saw the resemblance i was just like wtf? what am i missing here? lol

RDA has been destroying men and making them his bitches. Conor has to cut weight, look like a zombie to fight midgets, Conor doesn't know what real competition is.

All the build up by RDA fans saying he's better than aldo, is BS

He's not better than Aldo, he's a totally different kind of challenge though. He's a grinder, completely different style than Aldo.

McGregor is a lot of things, defensively savvy isn't one of them. He has, not one time in his UFC career, intentionally made a guy miss with any consistency. He knows he can take a shot, he relies on it because he throws as the opponent throws, and in an exchange, he enjoys that.

Conor also moves very linear defensively, not a lot of lateral movement to be found. If McGregor concedes position to play at being agile and mobile, he will get decimated because Dos Anjos is an evil villain when he has the center of the cage.
He's not that bad in open cage either, the only time he's ever been exploitable is when he's got his back on the cage.

tl;dr - McGregor is not a defensive wizard, he is a puncher who counters and there is a difference.
Holy shit the most retarded thing I've read all day. what the fuck does an "evil villain" have anything to do with fighting? LOL at no lateral movement, dude do you even understand what you are watching? You are probably one of them morons who thought Wonderboy was just going to back up in a straight line and get stuck on the cage. Please go back to watch Ping Pong tournaments cause thats probably how they describe techniques, the evil villain overhand serve LOL.

It's funny that once Conor got to the 145 division, every fighter there became elite. And now that he is scheduled to fight the champ at 155, that weight class is shallow, and RDA is a chump haha. When it was Aldo ruling the 145 pound division, he needed to bump up and fight Pettis to find an actual challenge because of FW being so weak. But now that RDA derailed Pettis, Pettis is an overrated bum too? I will never claim a 1st round victory for any title fight, certainly not this one. But to downplay RDA's abilities over stupid $hit uneducated fans say, is simply ridiculous.

Holy shit the most retarded thing I've read all day. what the fuck does an "evil villain" have anything to do with fighting? LOL at no lateral movement, dude do you even understand what you are watching? You are probably one of them morons who thought Wonderboy was just going to back up in a straight line and get stuck on the cage. Please go back to watch Ping Pong tournaments cause thats probably how they describe techniques, the evil villain overhand serve LOL.

Show me a fight where mcgregor retreats laterally to avoid shots with any sort of consistency. He doesn't do it.

lol @ you getting caught up on EVIL VILLAIN as if it's not clear that it means Dos Anjos is a mean, mean fighter when you're on the cage, evidenced by every modern win he has. But hey, you made a long post saying nothing except attempting to be condescending followed by hindsight gloating or whatever.

Show me a fight where mcgregor retreats laterally to avoid shots with any sort of consistency. He doesn't do it.

lol @ you getting caught up on EVIL VILLAIN as if it's not clear that it means Dos Anjos is a mean, mean fighter when you're on the cage, evidenced by every modern win he has. But hey, you made a long post saying nothing except attempting to be condescending followed by hindsight gloating or whatever.

This was before he developed his kicks and used mostly boxing style footwork. Watch him circle out after every strike and moves in laterally then pivots off to the left and right. If he fights like this light on his feet with RDA he will make him frustrated, overcommit and make him pay with a step back check hook. Learn how to analyze footwork and distance control and we can have a discussion. Only Joe Rogan says stupid shit like an evil villain not in his final form yet.

This was before he developed his kicks and used mostly boxing style footwork. Watch him circle out after every strike and moves in laterally then pivots off to the left and right. If he fights like this light on his feet with RDA he will make him frustrated, overcommit and make him pay with a step back check hook. Learn how to analyze footwork and distance control and we can have a discussion. Only Joe Rogan says stupid shit like an evil villain not in his final form yet.

I hate to break to you fam, but everytime not mcgregor twitches, McGregor jumps back in a straight line. As a southpaw fighting an orthodox fighter, he is constantly working for better position and angles, but that isn't lateral movement.

Every UFC fight McGregor has, he fights on a line.

If this fight ends in first round im gonna feel cheated again.

I hate to break to you fam, but everytime not mcgregor twitches, McGregor jumps back in a straight line. As a southpaw fighting an orthodox fighter, he is constantly working for better position and angles, but that isn't lateral movement.

Every UFC fight McGregor has, he fights on a line.
What? did you see what he did to Brimmage when he bull rushed him? He moved backwards constantly changing angles and hitting him straight on the chin with hooks and uppercuts. The only time Conor stands still is when he looks for counters, if the other guy doesn't bite on his feints he throws his left straight to get a reaction. The most dangerous way to fight McGregor is to be aggressive and RDA is tailor made for his counter punching style.

Back