• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RDA has been a really lucky guy....

Everyone's mentioning the eye socket thing but what about Lawler's leg? RDA was kicking that leg from the beginning and he's known for his leg kicks. That was not luck.

Yeah it may have been injured before the fight, but it was obviously good enough for Lawler to take the fight and for the doctors to ok him. RDA mangled it further which is 100% him, and not luck

Every fighter goes into fight with injuries

So RDA has special eye socket breaking powers and that wasn't a lucky result compared to any other punch?

Why does he not use these powers more often?

His leg kicks against Diaz and Lawler that he threw powerfully and often were also pure luck and magic too.... Didn't ya know?

I think he is a great fighter, but I gotta admit he had some favorable match ups. Doesn't make him less of a fighter though, just lucky at times. Nothing wrong with that.

giphy.gif

Larry%2BBird%2BFlip%2BShot%2BShot%2BScience.gif

vswholeteam1.gif~original

f63e9e8baf52821bbfde68fb4e49eeab.gif

larry-bird-3pt-88-o.gif

I don't even watch basketball but holy shit I spent a couple minutes watching those gifs because I had to watch them all like ten times lol that dude is amazing

You motherfucker lol, you can literally do this for any fighter. First off Diaz claims he was injured every single time he loses, also Pettis' eye had nothing to do with him losing, RDA was a terrible matchup for him and that's exactly how I thought the fight would go minus the whole eye swelling up part. The Bendo stoppage eas a bit early but tbf Bendo did go unconscious for a second, he woke up when he hit the canvas.

I'll show how you can do this same BS for any fighter. Wonderboy is lucky!: Whittaker was drained at 170 and that's why he lost, Hendricks wasn't the same fighter after USADA, Macdonald was gun shy after the Lawler fight and his nose kept breaking in training etc... Holloway has had an amazing streak of luck: Oliveira was injured, Cub was injured, Pettis cut too much weight, Aldo was past his prime and his chin was shot.

He’s gotten unlucky a few times too...
Alvarez, Jeremy Stephens, Clay Guida.

tbh if anyones lucky it was conor for him getting hurt and having t drop out of there fight it would notttt have ended well :(

I enjoy his fights, but he has some serious good luck that I think people are overlooking.

Fought an injured/out of shape Diaz.

Pettis eye socket breaks early in the 1st.

Avoids 5th round lawler due to robbie blowing out both knees.

And got a what I thought was a premature stoppage over Henderson (only by 2 or 3 punches)

His luck will run out. The guy is hittable. And like Rockhold, his chin will not abosorb powers hits. Just sayin'
I somewhat see your point, but blaming Pettis' eye socket being broken is silly. He broke his eye socket lol, not the wind.

Back