Ray Longo Explains Weidman's Loss: ''he was banged up, He had a fractured foot''

Wonder what they're excuses will be after he loses the rematch.

I can not take this wimps excuses anymore. Nobody is saying after a loss you must praise your opponent. But there is NOTHING worse then excuses being made after the fact. When you walk into the octagon you are letting it be known you're healthy enough to fight. And that is it. Period. End of story. Its a disgusting bush league antic to say anything but "he was the better fighter THAT NIGHT." that shows respect, and self confidence by saying the opponent was better, but only for "that night"

This new generation has a long way to go when it comes to taking a loss like a MAN!

Somewhere Big Nog is proud of Weidman.

At this point I hope Luke blasts him again.

I like to bash whenever Weidman comes up with an excuse but this is getting much time-

Luke will beat him again

Here you go
I've been a bit busy lately with work so I didn't spend more than a few minutes on it, so its not great. It will have to do until I get back from New Zealand (I'll spend a few hours on it this time)
M2YCbZM.png
I applaud you Sir.

He should take more time and come back even more tinier and deflated to work on his even more atrocious "cardio".

I think thats what they need to work on this time around. If he sacrifices mass for endurance, he shouldn't show up being tiny with the cardio of a 50 year old chain smoker.

I guess having low Testosterone before your mid 30s gives you terrible excuses making as a side effect.

Staph infection > Broken foot

#andnew

Well,excluding sources confirming X-Rays showed Weidman did NOT have a broken foot....you start throwing spinning wheel kicks with a broken foot? Meh.

Longo 'explains' Weidman's loss or 'excuses' it. Weidman fought how he always fought. The only difference was that he didn't have the TD threat this time so his striking was exposed. He'll lose the rematch as well.

Eh, Jones kills them both.
well, lets be honest, jj doesnt kill shit. the last guy he killed was like shogun (i guess you would say lyoto. and obviously sonnen isnt an applicable answer)

oh, if you meant weidman and longo, i agree

I agree with Khabib actually, man- no disrespect

Weidman won the first in most people's estimation (though Rockhold kept it close) and Weidman was having his most effective round in the third- landing body kick after body kick on Luke- until he threw a ridiculous strike that gave Luke an easy takedown.

Rockhold has the most nasty top game at middleweight so once Weidman was on his back it was a heinous beatdown. That said, I think you're allowing Rockhold's awesome second round (landing multiple big, damaging shots including question mark kicks) and then his dominance on the ground color your perception of the fight.

Rockhold won dominant but if you look at the fight round by round, it was actually quite competitive.

It just so happens too that the very thing that led to The Chris' destruction was a misstep from Weidman that Luke capitalized on.

I didn't see it like that. Round 1 was very close but I gave it to Chris. The second round Luke won the round clearly. Round 3 was close until Luke started eating those body kicks then it was looking bad for him. Then he gets the TD and dominated sherdog had it 10-8 across all three judges. Round was 4 complete domination. Only for a few seconds in round 3 did I really feel Chris was looking good. Even in round 1 which he won he looked to be using all his strength just to get anything done. It was obvious Luke was just being patient and taking his time. Maybe Chris wins the rematch but I doubt it. I think next fight Luke goes for the TD sooner and smashes Chris. The advantage Luke had on top was too big for Chris to ever Fix.

I always hate excuses from fighters I like, because it means they haven't been honest with themselves about what caused their loss, and therefore won't know what to fix in their upcoming camp.

well, lets be honest, jj doesnt kill shit. the last guy he killed was like shogun (i guess you would say lyoto. and obviously sonnen isnt an applicable answer)

oh, if you meant weidman and longo, i agree
He kills everyone in the mw DIVISON.
He also beats gus again in the rematch

Sore losers, Weidman and his team. It's hard to like him anymore.

He kills everyone in the mw DIVISON.
He also beats gus again in the rematch
not sure, iw ould like to see him against rockhold and maybe anderson if he still got it

and gus, yeah he needs like 2 more wins and maybe this fight will happen. gus TKO btw

Yeah. I don't know. Weidman was throwing a few good leg kicks and was able to get Rockhold's back in the first round which was impressive. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time believing this injured foot thing..

I don't know who to believe, but I'm looking forward to the rematch.

Both Luke and the Chris have been fucking insufferable lately :|

not sure, iw ould like to see him against rockhold and maybe anderson if he still got it

and gus, yeah he needs like 2 more wins and maybe this fight will happen. gus TKO btw
Gus gets wrecked. He only has the length to bother jon and jones will take him serious this time.
Rockhold gets raped. Too big for MW yet too small for LHW. Prime andy would have to show up to fight. 2016 andy gets finished in the first round.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back