Media Ray Borg needs our help!

yes I checked and found out a few mins ago and edited my post above. He has a contract with UAE Warriors and is fighting for a title belt there in Abu Dhabi on Oct 29th.
Now...if you're of the level to be in a title-fight in the Persian Gulf, I can guarantee you you're getting well-paid. I've spent time in Dubai, the amount of money sloshing around there is ridiculous. Abu Dhabi is the same.
I do not know how much he get paid last time, but don't fighters get tax large amount when they earn money outside of the states? Plus thinking how much he had to pay for his coaches and team, I do not think he is getting paid enough by UAE

begging other people for money for his first world problems just so he can 'fly out his coaches'....is just pathetic, he has had 12 ufc fights where is all the money?

It's still in Dana's pockets. Never left.

Huh. He probably could've avoided this by making weight and not burning bridges. Who woulda thunk.

I think the point is that the guy had 12 UFC fights, including a title shot, and can't even afford training camp now.
or instead blaming UFC maybe think UAE is not paying this guy enough? Like he fought for UAE in June and still can not afford another camp? The guy fighting a title match and they can not even afford to have one of his coaches to come with him?

UFC can be cheap but this is not a case its their fault he can not afford to go and fight.

I do not know how much he get paid last time, but don't fighters get tax large amount when they earn money outside of the states? Plus thinking how much he had to pay for his coaches and team, I do not think he is getting paid enough by UAE
The I.R.S. in USA is a little unusual as American citizens are obligated to declare and pay Federal income taxes (where appropriate) on income earned anywhere in the world, regardless of whether you are still living in USA or not. Most countries are not like that : if you're living overseas for 6months you are not obligated to file or pay federal taxes. 3 or 4 countries in the world say "nope, sorry, we do't care you don't live here anymore, you still gotta pay." USA is one of those places.

But if you're smart, you can set up your own LLC (as i understand it) and have travel costs and training costs as a tax deductible amount (as it's part of your business) and this would reduce his tax liability to almost nothing. Depends how much money he is making.

Look I don't want to stick the boot in, but I know for a fact that people who are working in the Persian gulf get paid a *very high* amount and whilst he is living in Albuquerque, he has a contract with a United Arab Emirates company : PalmsSportsUAE (who put on UAE warriors) and I honestly would not be surprised if that company paid for ALL his travel & accommodation costs. That kind of thing does happen. They tend to be overly generous, and I do suspect his pay is probably really quite high.
So...sorry but I just don't quite believe his constant "I'm broke, please send me money" thing. He just fought *3months ago* and WON (so presumably a show and win $$$$$) and got paid but yet....he cannot afford to fly his coaches to Abu Dhabi in a few weeks? Between himself and the coaches, stick it on a credit card and then when he fights he can pay it back.

The I.R.S. in USA is a little unusual as American citizens are obligated to declare and pay Federal income taxes (where appropriate) on income earned anywhere in the world, regardless of whether you are still living in USA or not.

But if you're smart, you can set up your own LLC (as i understand it) and have travel costs and training costs as a tax deductible amount (as it's part of your business) and this would reduce his tax liability to almost nothing. Depends how much money he is making.

Look I don't want to stick the boot in, but I know for a fact that people who are working in the Persian gulf get paid a *very high* amount and whilst he is living in Albuquerque, he has a contract with a United Arab Emirates company : PalmsSportsUAE (who put on UAE warriors) and I honestly would not be surprised if that company paid for ALL his travel & accommodation costs. That kind of thing does happen. They tend to be overly generous.
So...sorry but I just don't quite believe his constant "I'm broke, please send me money" thing. He just fought *3months ago* and WON (so presumably a show and win $$$$$) and got paid but yet....he cannot afford to fly his coaches to Abu Dhabi in a few weeks? Between himself and the coaches, stick it on a credit card and then when he fights he can pay it back.
Thanks for the information, I do not live in the states, did not know how your tax system works outside the country.

I agree with companies around that region do help with traveling and living expense for their employees hired outside the country. I also found it weird Borg asking money for traveling expense for his team.

Just from the top of my head; Bea Malecki, Sarah Moras , Jessica Penn for legal fees? I'm sure there's more. But sure it's only one if you say so
you are correct on this :

- Sarah Alpar earlier in 2021 raised about US$36,000 on Gofundme partly (her phrase!) "to be able to afford food". (largely due to massive Jake Paul and Triller donations)
- Jessica Penne (via Brian Butler, manager) raised US$7545 on GoFundme in Jan 2020 to finance legal costs between her and USADA. Went for 40k, they shut it down at 7.5k as they reached an agreement.
- Bea Malecki recently started a GoFundMe to raise (initially) "900,000" Swedish Krone (= US$50,000 approx) for just "help me with my journey" and then due to a very poor response reduced the target to 100,000krone (about US$5,500) but has only raised about 250bucks so far.
- Sarah Moras did a GofundMe in Sept 2017 to raise money for flights / accommo etc to UFC P.I. and raised Can$5200.
Nina Ansaroff in 2014 setup a Gofundme to raise US$5,000 for training expenses etc.etc as she was new to UFC at that time and seemed legit fairly low on funds.

Last edited:
you are correct on this :

- Sarah Alpar earlier in 2021 raised about US$36,000 on Gofundme partly "to be able to afford food". (largely due to massive Jake Paul and Triller donations)
- Jessica Penne (via Brian Butler, manager) raised US$7545 on GoFundme in Jan 2020 to finance legal costs between her and USADA. WEnt for 40k, it was shutdow at 7.5k as they reached an agreement.
- Bea Malecki recently started a GoFundMe to raise (initially) "900,000" Swedish Krone (= US$50,000 approx) for just "help me with my journey" and then due to a poor response reduced the target to 100,000krone (about US$5,500) but has only raised about 250bucks so far.
- Sarah Moras did a GofundMe in Spt 2017 to raise money for flights / accommo etc to UFC P.I. and raised Can$5200.

Add Cat Zingano to the list. She was essentially begging for money a few years back from fans too through social media

Can't believe I gotta defend this lmao.

Add Cat Zingano to the list. She was essentially begging for money a few years back from fans too through social media

Can't believe I gotta defend this lmao.
I added in Nina Ansaroff.
Cat Zingano, yes, 2014, but that was a horrible time for her, her husband and trainer had just committed suicide. nobody should have to deal with that trauma.

I want to put it out there that I would do a TJ Grant if I was in his position with his kid.

Coach MMA on the side, but you aren't quite there Borg. respect for what you accomplished but I hope you had a back up plan besides MMA.

I added in Nina Ansaroff.
Cat Zingano, yes, 2014, but that was a horrible time for her, her husband and trainer had just committed suicide. nobody should have to deal with that trauma.

Cat gets a pass imo. Her husband committed suicide and she's always showed up to fight. Borg however has missed weight 4 times. He's Nicco Montano level.

Back