Media Ray Borg needs our help!

nintchdbpict000383433647-e1518035544559.jpg

I thought he retired? Did Burger King not work out?

UFC pays for flights and accommodation for 2 people. I think it's *probably* 2 rooms in a hotel in Abu Dhabi (super nice hotel).
So if he is taking 3 people (cornering him & working with him etc) then I guess he needs flights for 2 of them, that are not covered by UFC. Las Vegas to Abu Dhabi flights can be had for around 600 or 700USD (not sure if single or return).

Considering he had a main-event fight just 3months ago in June for UAE Warriors that he WON (and that was, oddly, in Abu Dhabi... so i'd imagine he took his coaches for that one and could afford to do it)
....it's a bit surprising.

EDIT: OK so he is fighting for UAE WArriors, not UFC. Am sure he will be well paid by them, he just got paid in June!

Last edited:
UFC pays for flights and accommodation for 2 people. I think it's *probably* 2 rooms in a hotel in Abu Dhbi (super nice hotel).
So if he is taking 3 people (cornering him & working with him etc) then I guess he needs flights for 2 of them, that are not covered by UFC. Las Vegas to Abu Dhabi flights can be had for around 600 or 700USD (not sure if single or return).

Considering he'll be getting paid....it's a bit surprising.
His fighting for a different MMA org

At least UFC pays for all that.

You know how all those WMMAs who beg for donations and get it? Yeah , he is the male equivalent except nobody will be donating to him

His fighting for a different MMA org

At least UFC pays for all that.
yes I checked and found out a few mins ago and edited my post above. He has a contract with UAE Warriors and is fighting for a title belt there in Abu Dhabi on Oct 29th.
Now...if you're of the level to be in a title-fight in the Persian Gulf, I can guarantee you you're getting well-paid. I've spent time in Dubai, the amount of money sloshing around there is ridiculous. Abu Dhabi is the same.

Plus he has at least 3 sponsors now.

Yet still he wants strangers to give him US$4000, as per his GoFundme.

Am trying to find out how much UAE Warriors pays it's fighters.

Last edited:
I am hoping Ray Borg baby is doing fine now, glad Brendan Schaub help him out.

his not in the UFC anymore
I think the point is that the guy had 12 UFC fights, including a title shot, and can't even afford training camp now.

Back