Ray Borg missed weight at 125 a couple of times, moves up to Bantamweight and weighs in at 137.75

Make him fight Ngannou as punishment.

Omg wtf he used to be my favorite fighter cut his ass now, cant believe this, ripping all my ray borg posters off my basement wall atm
stop!!!!!!

Yes John Lineker had a missed weight but it was only a half a pound not almost 2 pounds like
Ray Borg earlier today.
Vs...
Gaudinot 127 lbs
Tome 129 lbs
Harris 128 lbs
McCall 130 lbs
Dodson 136.5 lbs

Yeah, he moved up and missed by half a pound, but it's not like the guy is the poster boy for discipline.

As a dad, I couldn't imagine fighting after the year he's had, much less cut and make weight.

He's better at cutting height

MMA---Liquid-Borg.gif

Weight cutting is stupid but since both parties have contractually agreed to do it there has to be bigger punishments. Maybe 1st time it should be 50% purse and the fight starts in the position the fighter that made weight wants, 2nd time its 75% and postion and 3rd time its cut and put on a permanent non resigning list.

Vs...
Gaudinot 127 lbs
Tome 129 lbs
Harris 128 lbs
McCall 130 lbs
Dodson 136.5 lbs

Yeah, he moved up and missed by half a pound, but it's not like the guy is the poster boy for discipline.

To John Lineker's defense when he missed weight for the John Dobson fight he did promise
he would be taking steps to make sure it wouldn't happen again and he has been true to his
word because in his last 3 fights he has made weight.

To John Lineker's defense when he missed weight for the John Dobson fight he did promise
he would be taking steps to make sure it wouldn't happen again and he has been true to his
word because in his last 3 fights he has made weight.
I applaud him for that, but I have to wonder why he didn't make the same decision earlier.

Vs...
Gaudinot 127 lbs
Tome 129 lbs
Harris 128 lbs
McCall 130 lbs
Dodson 136.5 lbs

goddamn!! didn't know he missed that many times

Borg has transcended weight classes. He fights at whatever weight he feels like. Looking forward to seeing him weigh in at 185 for a welterweight bout.

goddamn!! didn't know he missed that many times
He seemed to have fixed the issue though, and he’s got a fan friendly style which is why no one really shits on him anymore. He rightfully got criticized for missing weight but his exciting fights made us all forget.

He seemed to have fixed the issue though, and he’s got a fan friendly style which is why no one really shits on him anymore. He rightfully got criticized for missing weight but his exciting fights made us all forget.
I hope so. I want to like him more than I do. He just always looked so smug after missing weight.

I think some people underestimate the cut when they move up, thinking they can be more laidback and not worry about their weight, as they don't cut as much.

That is crazy. Like Johny Hendricks, moving up and missed weight again. o_O
After his background, that's not the smartest move.
And let alone that it is extremely disrespectful to its opponents. What does the guy think? If he thinks much at all ... If an idiot like Conor were responsible for my eyes hurting, I'd never have to get in the cage again, at least not for financial reasons.
That shows how intelligent Ray Borg really is.

Back