Ray Borg missed weight at 125 a couple of times, moves up to Bantamweight and weighs in at 137.75

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Only one fighter missed weight for this card, and it’s former flyweight title challenger Ray Borg. For someone who’s had problems making 125 in the past, Borg weighed 137.75 lbs for his fight against LFA champion Casey Kenney, who accepted the bout on short notice. Borg hasn’t fought since his title loss to Demetrious Johnson in 2017, and he had three bout cancellations in 2018. This included an eye injury stemming from Conor McGregor’s dolly-throwing incident at UFC 223, his infant son’s well-documented medical problems, and undisclosed medical issues when he was scheduled to fight Joseph Benavidez last November. Borg has been fined 30% of his purse.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/...arboza-155-5-gaethje-155-5-borg-misses-weight

<31><36>

Omg wtf he used to be my favorite fighter cut his ass now, cant believe this, ripping all my ray borg posters off my basement wall atm

Dude is eating good with the schaub and conor donations.

I mean for 18K show money what's the point of even trying

It’s unprofessional and unacceptable. Borg should never get another title shot. Not even if he goes on a streak and mops all the competition. I would say they should make him fight at 145 but he’d probably miss weight there too.

Borg has been through a lot, this mostly makes me worry that his head isn't in the game.

Only one fighter missed weight for this card, and it’s former flyweight title challenger Ray Borg. For someone who’s had problems making 125 in the past, Borg weighed 137.75 lbs for his fight against LFA champion Casey Kenney, who accepted the bout on short notice. Borg hasn’t fought since his title loss to Demetrious Johnson in 2017, and he had three bout cancellations in 2018. This included an eye injury stemming from Conor McGregor’s dolly-throwing incident at UFC 223, his infant son’s well-documented medical problems, and undisclosed medical issues when he was scheduled to fight Joseph Benavidez last November. Borg has been fined 30% of his purse.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/...arboza-155-5-gaethje-155-5-borg-misses-weight

<31><36>

What a joke !!! This is supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL athlete in the highest MMA organization on Earth. Cut this fat dummy already

I can tolerate Ray Borg, dude spend most of his time at hospital because of his son's disease.

Dude probably doesn’t want to fight anymore but has to for his son and his health

Guess he just fucked up on his cut. Its his fault, he is like 5'3. He literally has no reason to weigh more then 140-145.

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED CUTTING WEIGHT WITH A SERIOUS LIFE THREATENING EYE INJURY TS?

NO

The guy nearly died in the attack which was while he was weight cutting. Hes probably permanently scarred and every time he cuts weight it must remind him of the bus attack... Cutting will bring it all back..

#WARBORG

<{natewhut}>

He's had an awful year with his kid nearly dying. Damn you are honestly quite unpleasant, TS

Back