Rate tonight out of 10. Such a mixed nights fighting. Lets get everyones opinion.

Wrong. I'm no post whore. I have an average of 1 post per day and you have an average of 30 in what, 3 months? If anybody is a post whore out of the 2 of us, it is you. :)

Do you even train btw? Doesn't seem so..
He's at 30 now? It was only like 25 when I was clowning on him the other day. Damn. That's some serious dedication to making the greatest volume of the lowest possible quality posts in the shortest amount of time.

Oh jeez dude you're weak. Any mod on here will tell you that this is the only account I've ever had and use.

You'll be banned soon enough. Just like every other post whore on here. You're no different and I'll outlast you pom.

Later!

You cant ban the internet.

If i had post whored, youd be able to link some, but you couldnt, because half my posts are 5 paragraphs long in the war room. I follow the site rules, and i also dont report people, out of courtesy.

The mods know me, and you are no mod.

You are no poster either, when you are habitually breaking the rules of the site and specifically targeting and trolling other posters off topic, with trash talk and site violations.

Stay out of my way troll. You have been warned.

He's at 30 now? It was only like 25 when I was clowning on him the other day. Damn. That's some serious dedication to making the greatest volume of the lowest possible quality posts in the shortest amount of time.

Tell me about it. As I told that guy Thriller007 (banned btw) some people are better off being silent lurkers, they look smarter. Same can be said for TS.

5 out of 10.

Definition of an average show.

Its not at 30. It in different forums and you are one of the worst posters on sherdog.

I suggest you gtfo too. I dont know why you think you have the right to jump into other peoples threads off topic, swearing at people, and breaking site rules, but you dont.

Go away. No one wants you here, and you are disrupting an otherwise fine thread.

Tell me about it. As I told that guy Thriller007 (banned btw) some people are better off being silent lurkers, they look smarter. Same can be said for TS.

You were warned. Good luck with the rest of your life son. Ignored.

5/10. Some decent to good moments but over all an uneventful night of fights. But it was free, so I'm not complaining.

Saw the last four fights and it wasn't pretty. I don't mind a technical ground battle or technique being displayed in the clinch so I had no qualms with first 2-3 rounds of the main event, but when they both gassed and it started to become sloppy, that's when things went sour. Maldonado v. Beltran was exceptionally lackluster leaving me with the thought that both fighters will most likely lose their next bouts. Silva v. Hammil was horrendous, not much more to say. Hammil most likely consumed half a bottle of Jack Daniels prior to the fight and Silva's conditioning coach must have been MIA throughout training camp. E. Silva v. Kim was fast paced, not as technical as I would have thought, but led to a nice KO. 4/10

Saw the last four fights and it wasn't pretty. I don't mind a technical ground battle or technique being displayed in the clinch so I had no qualms with first 2-3 rounds of the main event, but when they both gassed and it started to become sloppy, that's when things went sour. Maldonado v. Beltran was exceptionally lackluster leaving me with the thought that both fighters will most likely lose their next bouts. Silva v. Hammil was horrendous, not much more to say. Hammil most likely consumed half a bottle of Jack Daniels prior to the fight and Silva's conditioning coach must have been MIA throughout training camp. E. Silva v. Kim was fast paced, not as technical as I would have thought, but led to a nice KO. 4/10

The biggest issue was that some of the fights that were most likely to please, turned out to be duds.

The main event was interesting rather than exciting for me, especially when i worked out the pattern that shields wasnt going to get caught by Okami. MMA grappling is different, and when you have two guys who are both elite, it matters.

There was some great stuff in there too, and i prefer to focus on the positive though.

4/10 anyone arguing higher than 7 hasn't watched much.

The biggest issue was that some of the fights that were most likely to please, turned out to be duds.

The main event was interesting rather than exciting for me, especially when i worked out the pattern that shields wasnt going to get caught by Okami. MMA grappling is different, and when you have two guys who are both elite, it matters.

There was some great stuff in there too, and i prefer to focus on the positive though.

Definitely, MMA grappling and pure grappling are two separate entities, but it's nice to watch a fight and say "Man, if this guy takes his back it very well could be over", or to actually not want to fall asleep with watching mediocre dirty boxing in the clinch. I thought the clinch work was excellent, but like you said, it came to a point where it seemed like neither fighter in any danger of getting caught. <-- That's all in regards to the main event.

In terms of the other fights, I only saw the last four on the card. Beltran v. Maldonado was set up to be a brawl I suppose, but it sure didn't turn out that way. I prefer technical fights with healthy dosage of brawling, but Maldonado v. Beltran was certainly neither of those. Silva v. Hammil was cringeworthy, I am relieved it was not on PPV. E. Silva v. Kim was not as technical as I'd hoped it would be, but after the previous 2 fights, I didn't that brawl whatsoever. All in all, what I saw didn't look good.

Definitely, MMA grappling and pure grappling are two separate entities, but it's nice to watch a fight and say "Man, if this guy takes his back it very well could be over", or to actually not want to fall asleep with watching mediocre dirty boxing in the clinch. I thought the clinch work was excellent, but like you said, it came to a point where it seemed like neither fighter in any danger of getting caught. <-- That's all in regards to the main event.

In terms of the other fights, I only saw the last four on the card. Beltran v. Maldonado was set up to be a brawl I suppose, but it sure didn't turn out that way. I prefer technical fights with healthy dosage of brawling, but Maldonado v. Beltran was certainly neither of those. Silva v. Hammil was cringeworthy, I am relieved it was not on PPV. E. Silva v. Kim was not as technical as I'd hoped it would be, but after the previous 2 fights, I didn't that brawl whatsoever. All in all, what I saw didn't look good.

A lot of the brazilians lost tonight as well, including the two main events.

Thats going to cause deflation in the home crowd.

4.5/10 seems about right

Dillashaw/Assuncao was a good fight with a bad decision
Dong/Silva was very good
Pierce/Palhares was too short for my tastes, plus it had an ugly example of unprofessionalism
Thiago/Hamil was sort of exciting since Hamil was on the verge of collapse for the last seven minutes of so, but it was a very sloppy fight.
Beltran/Maldonado was mediocre at best. A bad fight by two fighters who shouldn't be in the company. Terrible decision too.
Shields/Maia was okay, but it wasn't very good.

The undercard had some good moments, but mostly stinkers. Patrick and Santos' fights were great; the others sucked.

Not terrible, but it was not a very good card either. Too much gassing, lots of lay and pray, bad decisions, and some sloppy fights.

3/10.
DHK, Dillashaw/Anunseo, .... thats it.

4/10

Some good highlights but overall meh. The DHK-Silva fight was probably the most entertaining. I also enjoyed the Paul Harris fight even though he may have held the heel hook too long. The Beltran-Maldanodo and Shields-Maia fights dragged badly with the exception of a few moments in each.

Also doesn't help that I was unhappy with the results of 4/6 of the main fights, and completely disagree with the judges on 2.5 fights. I had Beltran and Dillashaw winning their fights and Shields vs Maia as a draw with a 10-10 first (basically even top time, Maia tried for subs, Shields threw his pitter patter "gnp") then Shields won 2+3 and Maia won 4+5.

To review:

1) 2 of the 6 fights on the main card were out of shape LHW sloppily throwing punches.
2) Palhares and Pierce lasts 30 seconds, and Palhares refuses to let go of a submission.
3) Dillashaw and Rafael deliver an entertaining, but far from superb performance to win FOTN.
4) Shields refuses to engage with Maia, and wins a boring SD.
5) Dong becomes the lone bright spot, landing a huge KO after being rocked multiple times in the 2nd.

Given those circumstances, I'm going to give it a 4.5.

This is about where I stand and how I saw the night.

Really disappointed with Erick Silva, he seems nowhere near his potential.

Also highly question matching Hammill against Thiago after such a long layoff.

A lot of the brazilians lost tonight as well, including the two main events.

Thats going to cause deflation in the home crowd.

All they need is a Vitor or Anderson fight and they'll come out in full force. I don't expect attendance to sink very much in Brazil-based cards, the Brazilians are very proud of their countrymen and the sport is tremendous over there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back