• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rate the following attributes/skills of Jones

It feels like a lot of people are rating his body of work, rather than what is likely to be his current ability level at age 35 coming off a 3 year layoff and back to back "sub par for Jon jones" performances.

Fight IQ - 10
Strength - 9
Wrestling - 9 (maybe 8.5)
Ground & Pound - 10
BJJ/Grappling/submissions - 7
Striking - 8.5
Clinch - 9.5
Innovation/Creativity - 10
Cardio - 10
Mental toughness - 10
Power - 6
Chin - 10

I'm going to roll TDD and submission defensive into wrestling and grappling. I'd give Jon a nine or higher if he could box better in striking. But his reach/distance management, head movement, and striking versatility makes up for his power and boxing offense and defense.

I added top ground & pound and innovation/creativity categories. Was gonna add top control, but you could roll that into BJJ or grappling. I think Jon's top cop control and ability to secure TDs have waned in the his last few fights, but I believe they could be higher if he focused on them for this fight, who knows what we'll see exactly from Jon. He hasn't fought like a guy who is committed to wrestle or dominate on the mat since his last match with Gus.

I also added clinch. He is good there. One of the better lanky fighters who is actually very good there.

From a scale of 1-10, with 1 being absolutely horrible. 5 being okay and 10 being the elite pinnacle seen in the sport. Feel free to add some other attributes/skills etc that I have missed relevant to fighting

Fight IQ
Strength
Wrestling
BJJ/Grappling/submissions
Striking
Cardio
Mental toughness
Power
Chin

JONES_JON_L_12-29.png
This all relative to HW

Fight IQ-10
Strength-7
Wrestling-9 (HW is a weak grappling division)
BJJ/Grappling/submissions- 9 (see above)
Striking- 7
Cardio - 8
Mental toughness - 8
Power- 5
Chin- 7 (purely guessing based on his LHW career. We have no idea how his chin will hold up at HW)

Fight IQ - 10
Strength - 9
Wrestling - 10
BJJ/Grappling/submissions - 10
Striking - 9
Cardio - 10
Mental toughness - 10
Power - 6
Chin - 10
How is his wrestling a 10 when he couldn't control Reyes or takedown Santos?
Reyes: 2 of 9 takedowns.....1.41 control time
Santos: 0 of 1 takedowns.....0 control time

Against OSP he did a little better
OSP: 3 of 5 takedowns.....3.55 control time

Fight IQ: 10
Strength: 10
Wrestling: 9
BJJ/Grappling/submissions: 8
Striking: 8
Cardio: 9
Mental toughness: 9
Power: 7
Chin: 10

Fight IQ - 9.5
Strength - 7
Wrestling - 9
BJJ/Grappling/submissions - 8
Striking - 8
Cardio - 7.5
Mental toughness - 2
Power - 7
Chin - 8.5

Just curious how did you arrive at 2 for mental toughness? Dude almost had his arm ripped off but didnt tap

Fight IQ - 10
Strength - 8
Wrestling - 8.5
BJJ/Grappling/submissions - 8
Striking - 7.5
Cardio - 10
Mental toughness - 10
Power - 5
Chin - 10

Just curious how did you arrive at 2 for mental toughness? Dude almost had his arm ripped off but didnt tap

I'm curious as well. The man finished an opponent with a bone sticking through his skin. I assume it will probably be some corny nonsense about steroids, but in the cage I haven't seen Jon remotely wilt or quit

9go6CJdgkDpH9up8FvPHMtfuhg7nraYfVBIijU7D6YY.jpg item_4_7626.jpg 134_jon_jones_vs_vitor_belfort_-_copy__2__gallery_post_large_huge.jpgjon-jones-vitor-belfort.jpg

Attachments

• b06ddc044fba5676b5242621ccb44be7_xl.jpg
    b06ddc044fba5676b5242621ccb44be7_xl.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 0
God I hate jones. Some of these are artificial with his ped use, but some are just him.
Fight IQ -10
Strength. - 9
Wrestling -8
BJJ/Grappling/submissions- 8
Striking. -9
Cardio -10
Mental toughness. 10
Power -7
Chin - 10

those aren’t negatives.

Fight IQ: 10/10
Strength: 8/10
Wrestling: 10/10
BJJ/Grappling/submissions: 7.5/10
Striking: 8/10
Cardio: 9/10
Mental toughness: 9/10
Power: 6/10
Chin: 7/10
Toe durability: 9/10
Intimidation: 10/10
Likelihood of a foul: 9/10

Last edited:
Wrestling is grappling too.

Yeah wrestling is grappling. But do you know whats even more grappling? Grappling. That was the name of the criteria I rated him at -> "BJJ/Grappling/Submissions"

I consider his grappling top notch, regardless of whether you call it wrestling or BJJ, he has good awareness for it

he is basically close to the most complete fighter

Fight IQ 10
Strength 9
Wrestling 8
BJJ/Grappling/submissions 10
Dirty boxing 5
Kicking 9
Cardio 10
Mental toughness 10
Power: Left hand 6
Power: Right hand 4
Power: Legs 7
Chin 10

Fight IQ : 10
one of the bests of all time.
Strength : 5.5, slightly under average
Jones never was a powerfull specimen, that's not how he win fights.
Wrestling : Something beyond 8.5 and 9, can I rate it as 8.75 ? I think is accurate.
BJJ/Grappling/submissions : 6.5, slightly above average
Jones is an amazing wrestler, and can really put himself I'm very good positions in the ground, or during the takedown, but he's nothing a.real treat with sub attempts,his GnP are very aggressive and is awesome.
Striking : 7.25 , above average.
As I mentioned before, Jones never was a powerful guy, but I think he uses his reach and angles very well, he's slicky and can apply very unorthodox strikes when you don't expect it.
Cardio : 6, I don't how it will be, so I give an average grade
Well, that's one the biggest questions we have.
If we were talking about PicoJones I I'll probably rate his cardio around 9.
But without it, and moving up to HW, let's how he will deal with it.
Mental toughness : 9
It may look weird, due to certain things Jones have done outside of the octagon, but I think Jones is very focused guy when he steps in the cage.
Power : I don't know exactly what's then differences between power and strength, so I'll rate the same : 5.5
Chin : 6 average grade
it's a good question too, Jones never had a bad chin, but now he's 35, and in another weight class, let's see.
Final media : 6.62.

Let's do the same with game

Fight IQ : 8, gane is a smart guy and have an awesome footwork, very above average
Strength : 7.25
is a bit weird rate gane's strength, sometimes I think he's just volume, but sometimes he's jabs seems extremely heavy (for jabs, obviously), and against tuivasa and lewis he show's he can put heavy strikes that can end figths.
Wrestling : 4.5 , just because his TDD, if not, could be worse.
BJJ/Grappling/submissions : 2 , its really he's weakest area
Striking : 9 , awesome and creative striker.
Cardio : 7.75 he can be an 8, who knows, but I think he's only 5 round figth was that against ngganou, need to see more
Mental toughness : 7.5
Second title figth, against the GOAT... usually gane is an extremely composed guy, but due to this situation I'll give that.
Chin : 6, average
Gane is a very elusive guy and don't receive too many strikes to be honest, he drops against tuivasa, but get up quickly.
I need to see more

Final media : 5,53

Fight IQ - 9
Strength - 9 (8)
Wrestling - 8
BJJ/Grappling/submissions - 7 (8)
Striking - 8
Cardio - 9
Mental toughness - 10
Power - 6
Chin - 9

I put my changes in brackets but overall solid assessment