Movies Rate Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

My opinion is

• Total voters
Oh yeah, absolutely. I thought he was really good in both. But I think of those as a while back as it’s been a decade or more. 2010-2012 he was all over the place with big roles. I feel like from ‘15 on I hadn’t seen much of him. Don’t know if it was a deliberate scale back since he had been so busy over those years and since he and his wife had a couple of kids or if he just wasn’t getting the same level of visibility for whatever reason.

Dunno. Haven’t checked out his resume but Hardy, Cottilard and Bale still work regularly meanwhile Freeman and Caine are at the end of their careers.

Another one that shows up once in a while is Aaron Eckhart, not only TDK but also Sully, Thursday, thank you for smoking and other good stuff.

One thing I'v said before is that I don't buy the idea that Johnson had totally free reign with TLJ, to me that film absolutely reeks of studio meddeling. Most obviously thr whole section on the Salt planet feels like a tacked on 4th act which backs away from much of what the film did previously reseting Rey and Kylo.

I could definitely see Disney getting cold feet about that plot wanting to keep Rey as a generic hero and I do wonder as well whether the idea with Luke originally might have been he becomes more of a "grey Jedi". There seem to be hints earlier in the film about him balancing the force and the idea of acknowledging the darkside but not being controled by it was healthier than the Jedi's total avoidance of it but again I can see Disney having a problem with that shifting the nature of force users away from simple good/bad.

That Kennedys "story group" were all fired as well I think maybe hints at were Disney put some of the blame as well and really honestly thats what a lot of Last Jedi feels like to me, like the directives scene in Robocop 2, a film being filled full of vapid takes on socially liberial talking points that just don't make much sense together.

Oh here we go again. Used to be a pretty controversial movie on here. Mainly because the people defending it got so angry. It was a garbage fire of a movie with no redeeming qualities.

Actually this movie was NOT a "Conversational movie" ... because from the second it came out... the people who didn't like it... jumped on it like they were wolves to their prey & tried to bastardizatize every single person who liked it until some OG'z who refused to be bullied showed up & stood up for their intrinsic right to either like or dislike a movie as they see fit.

I was here the whole time... & the threads are public, so there's no disputing this fact. It was the people who shared YOUR pov who caused the problem.

"NO REDEEMING QUALITIES?"
It waz an appreciated movie to MORE THAN NOT, and loved by many, recieved countless award nominations with many they won... so your point of view is in the minority. Such a strong stance to take here as I know you're fully aware of that fact.

Don't think that this thread'z poll represents anything... because the only people still even clicking on these threads are the haters half a decade after the movie was released & people like me who were called in by trolls

@Myrddin Wild

and here we gooooooooooo

You did the right thing by calling me here. You would be considered a hero by some... were it not for the fact we all know you're just trying to stir the pot & create controversy.

Maybe your agenda is to try & get me banned like others have? Serious question. I don't know... but there's a very clear history of people reporting me who I continually showed to had talked shit to me prior to me talking shit to them.

This has all been sorted & everyone understands what your crew here has been & continues to do.

Dont do that lmao

of coarse you don't want someone in here who actually talks about the movie in a positive way... instead of your wolf pack just dumping your discontent on it every chance you get. Can you guys just get a PM & talk shit in there amongst yourselves to save us from further involvement?

i refused to watch it in the theater - i finally saw it on disney+ and i'm still not sure what i watched.

Casual confirmed.

Not this shit again, we’ve been done this rod aa dozen times.

The horse is. Dead you can’t beat it anymore.

Y’all gonna give myriad wild a coronary bringing this shit. Up. Again.
This was never "coronary level" for me. I simply stated my pov & didn't take any shit from the unmoderated bullies who took the thread over. I simple created the space where actual Star Wars conversation could take place.

You're welcome.

tenor.gif

That's all this is. It's click bait for the haters to gather.

Those who like the movie are actually out there enjoying their lives, scoring with 10z & watching & discussing things they like... not dredging up "half a decade old movies" that they didn't like so that they can get their fix on.

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM here. Strange you don't see that.

Last edited:
Actually this movie was NOT a "Conversational movie" ... because from the second it came out... the people who didn't like it... jumped on it like they were wolves to their prey & tried to bastardizatize every single person who liked it until some OG'z who refused to be bullied showed up & stood up for their intrinsic right to either like or dislike a movie as they see fit.

I was here the whole time... & the threads are public, so there's no disputing this fact. It was the people who shared YOUR pov who caused the problem.

It waz an appreciated movie to MORE THAN NOT, and loved by many... so your point of view is in the minority. Such a strong stance to take here as I know you're fully aware of that fact.

Don't think that this thread'z poll represents anything... because the only people still even clicking on these threads are the haters half a decade after the movie was released.

You did the right thing by calling me here. You would be considered a hero by some... were it not for the fact we all know you're just trying to stir the pot & create controversy.

Maybe your agenda is to try & get me banned like others have? Serious question. I don't know... but there's a very clear history of people reporting me who I continually showed to had talked shit to me prior to me talking shit to them.

This has all been sorted & everyone understands what your crew here has been & continues to do.

of coarse you don't want someone in here who actually talks about the movie in a positive way... instead of your wolf pack just dumping your discontent on it every chance you get. Can you guys just get a PM & talk shit in there amongst yourselves to save us from further involvement?

Casual confirmed.

This was never "coronary level" for me. I simply stated my pov & didn't take any shit from the unmoderated bullies who took the thread over. I simple created the space where actual Star Wars conversation could take place.

You're welcome.

tenor.gif

Those who like it are actually out there enjoying their lives, scoring with 10z & watching & discussing things they like... not dredging up "half a decade old movies" that they didn't like so that they can get their fix on.

Lol I didn't even call you in here, I have no desire to argue about it. That's why I said don't tsge you, because you'll come in here flipping out like this. In any case I wasn't the one that started insulting people in any thread about this movie. I was the one that got insulted, with the justification that other people said mean things to you guys, so it was ok to talk to me however. As far as it being controversial, yeah it was and is. Any time it's brought up online there's talk about how many people didn't like it. Same with Rise. Those movies damaged the brand.

Go to pms to talk about the movie because our opinion bothers you for some reason? Why should we have to do that? You're one of like three guys on the forum that defends this movie and gets all worked up about it. You go pm about it.

I didn't like it. It's a bad movie. To me, yes, it had no redeeming qualities. To this day I've never met a person irl that liked it. Only a few people on here. You have everu right to defend the movie, and say how great you think it was whenever it comes up. Just like I have every right to talk about how awful it is.

The histrionics about being bullied are a little much when you guys are the ones that get so agggresive with me about it tho. But hey, I guess that's better than putting me on ignore after making passive aggressive insults and comments for years over a movie, like your buddy did.

It's just so hypocritical and silly to equate a difference of opinion with someone "bullying you" when you guys are the ones coming unhinged about it and going to insults, not me.

That's why I said don't tsge you, because you'll come in here flipping out like this.

By "flipping out" you mean... "Responding to your rant."

Your words in a forum are up for review & your bretheren called me in, so you get what you get.

I'm convinced you don't want to "debate" with me because you just want to "bitch" & not talk about Star Wars...

...as this threads has allowed.

Threads like this are intended to spread hate... so maybe this particular thread is one I'm not invited too? (future note: Don't back a thread with a poll if you don't want me in here.)

Last edited:
resistanz izz futile

zzzz
finally, someone who gets it.
This movie is almost half a decade old ffs... why are your lot still dreding it up?

It's fine if you want to do that, but don't come down on me as if I'm the bad guy when this thread is littered with the remnants of your agenda. you get from me what you serve up. So try to enjoy it & maybe actually talk about Star Wars in the meantime ffs and maybe we can get into an actual meaningful discussion.

Last edited:
I was the one that got insulted, with the justification that other people said mean things to you guys, so it was ok to talk to me however.
I remember you in those threads... before you got compromised & just went with all negativity. I was there & suffered through the whole shit show that the original thread went through. I was a bit surprised by you going full on with one side.

The definition of mediocre imo.

To be fair it only gets as much hate because expectations were unrealistic.

Go to pms to talk about the movie because our opinion bothers you for some reason? Why should we have to do that? You're one of like three guys on the forum that defends this movie and gets all worked up about it. You go pm about it.

Your opinion is being presented in a thread that I (& my only 3 allies according to you) am just as equally invited to.

BTW... this is an absolutely beautiful statement that fully displays the prejudice your kin folk continually vomit into every single thread regarding this subject.

ie... You rant about it... & then tell anyone with apposing views to fuck off. Gotcha buddeh... and I fully understand. Trust me, I get it and had been subjected to this pov ever since the movie got released by the "MINORITY" who doesn't like it, but are very obviously just more persistent.

Last edited:
The histrionics about being bullied are a little much when you guys are the ones that get so agggresive with me about it tho

That may very well be your personal experience... but you were a part of that thread for a very long time as a "neutral" activist before going full on to join the team leaning toward the negative.

I'm so happy that you missed out, but came along after that initial on-slaught... but that doesn't make it any less true. It's public record ffs... just review the original thread & you'll see the resistance being absolutely brutal to the support.

This was one of my first posting involvements here on the dog, as a wide eyed lover of Star Wars in general, & also loving that movie... [ffs don't tell anyone I said that :eek:] I remember being so excited that there were Star Wars convos on here. I just showed up to talk Star Wars in my first ever forum experience... but your lot ridiculed me to no end until I just turned the tables and attacked back.

It's so cute you guyz calling me the bully now.

Last edited:
The definition of mediocre imo.

To be fair it only gets as much hate because expectations were unrealistic.

I think expectations were pretty reasonable. People didn't really expect The Empire Strikes Back, 2001, Aliens or Terminator 2. They just expected to not see Luke drinking from walrus tits and acting like a complete asshole, never mind the other plot threads and characters that were wrecked or squandered.

Bye Ackbar! See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

It's just so hypocritical and silly to equate a difference of opinion with someone "bullying you" when you guys are the ones coming unhinged about it and going to insults, not me.

Thank you for articulating this in your own writing. I find it absolutely fascinating how the tables have turned (before my involvement) from the haters running everyone out... who had anything positive to say... to the point where someone who backed them down is actually being called "the bully" but nobody seems to remember how this all got started.

Fascinating stuff.

Have you ever seen the one where Daniel Larusso is the bully. Good lord what a perfect analogy!

Ironic.
Reep what you sow bro

Last edited:
I actually think it had the most potential of the three which is why I was way too soft on it for a bit after watching it, before turning to full disgust with it. It at least tried to do something different but then backed away from that, i.e., exploring Luke being "gray", the idea of Kylo turning away from the FO and Rey going with and companies profiting off conflict, being the notable examples that actually intrigued me. However, as I said, it turns away from the interesting ideas and shits the bed and the entire rest of the movie is awful and nonsensical.

People call it the worst, I disagree, TFA started us on this path. I was more bored during TFA than TLJ, at least in TLJ I wanted to see where they were going, however flawed, TFA was just a shittier version of ANH with elements of TESB and ROTJ and that was immediately obvious. It was like watching a boring, bad fan flick. Han Solo? Character progression gone, back to where he was in the first SW but less competent; a parody of himself. Leia? Back to being a Reb -- "Resistance" leader. Luke? Fuck 'em. Who cares. Another Death Star. An entire galaxy disarmed after decades of war against Space Nazis allowing the remnants of the Space Nazis to gain power (lolwut?). TFA also ruined the original cast ever all being onscreen together again. For those reasons, TFA is the worst of the sequels with maybe TROS competing for #2 (hard to say), bringing Palpie back is right behind turning Luke into Jake Skywalker for awfulness and ruining the story that came before. The death star lasers on the fleet of star destroyers is also up there for franchise ruining. Solo dying was also stupid and pointless.

TFA is the worst and the reason for TLJ. If Luke had any screentime in that movie they couldn't have turned him into Jake in TLJ (unless he was portrayed as Jake). TFA ruined the franchise and characters first. It was already too late. Come at me.

It waz an appreciated movie to MORE THAN NOT, and loved by many, recieved countless award nominations with many they won... so your point of view is in the minority. Such a strong stance to take here as I know you're fully aware of that fact.

Don't think that this thread'z poll represents anything... because the only people still even clicking on these threads are the haters half a decade after the movie was released & people like me who were called in by trolls

Casual confirmed.

You're welcome.

tenor.gif

Those who like the movie are actually out there enjoying their lives, scoring with 10z & watching & discussing things they like... not dredging up "half a decade old movies" that they didn't like so that they can get their fix on.

Yeah I just figured your reaction would be the same as mine.

“Not this shit aggain”. .gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back