Rate My Snatch!

TrinitronMaximu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lVp74jQw9Og&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lVp74jQw9Og&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

80kg PR - posted in my log but realized I wouldn't get any critiques there :p

This was on my 7th of 7 tries - I tried to find something to link the files together so I could show all the failures, but couldn't find anything free. Anyway, the gist of the first 6 was that I didn't get fully under the bar.

Problems I see: I widen my stance after the jump, and I feel like I may be leaning too far back on the pull. Start with my hips a bit high.

The main problem is that when watching it it feels like I'm moving incredibly slow. Does anyone have tips on how to get under the bar faster?

I was expecting something totally different from this thread when I looked at the title.

Yeah, you're kind of hopping under the bar of pulling yourself under. Or even just dropping quickly.

I would practice drop-unders - put an oly bar on your back (super light) and with just a little initial bounce of the legs (or none at all if you get good) drop as fast as you can, hopefully landing with your arms fully extended and no press-out needed.

Does that make sense?

Ascendant you mean like start off like a regular squat except with snatch grip then kind of do a reverse jerk except go all the way down? If so then that sounds like an excellent idea because I to have problem with the catch position.

I would practice drop-unders - put an oly bar on your back (super light) and with just a little initial bounce of the legs (or none at all if you get good) drop as fast as you can, hopefully landing with your arms fully extended and no press-out needed.

The are also refered to as snatch balances. I also think practicing the full snatch, with a moderate load will help his speed under the bar.

Ascendant you mean like start off like a regular squat except with snatch grip then kind of do a reverse jerk except go all the way down? If so then that sounds like an excellent idea because I to have problem with the catch position.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Inc7kjUf2KQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Inc7kjUf2KQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Yeah, you're kind of hopping under the bar of pulling yourself under. Or even just dropping quickly.

Does that make sense?

Yeah there's an oly lifter at my gym I've seen doing those, sounds good. Should feet be leaving the ground during the pull?

Yeah there's an oly lifter at my gym I've seen doing those, sounds good. Should feet be leaving the ground during the pull?

If there are other Oly lifters you should ask them for a few pointers. Most serious lifters are always helpful to others who are serious about training and hands on coaching is invaluable.

What kind of gym do you train at?

^ Yeah the last time I saw him he was very happy to help me with my clean form. I probably only see him there once every couple weeks, though.

I just lift at my college gym

wow.. i wasexpecting something completely different....

^I figured it was a good way to get lots of views without being entirely misleading hah

There is no pull, as you can see in the vid. That guys example is pretty good, but I'd try to snap the arms into place a little more quickly than he is.

Hey look at that, I just made yellow belt!

There is no pull, as you can see in the vid. That guys example is pretty good, but I'd try to snap the arms into place a little more quickly than he is.

Yeah thats the best vid I could find from 30 sec of searching on youtube. Everything else was crossfitters not droping into the bottom position very fast at all.

Back