Rate Izzy’s competition vs Previous MW champs like Weidman and Silva.

I would say it's not too far off.

You're missing some names on the Silva one. He's still the MW goat so far.

I think the competition is fairly even so far between Silva and Izzy, we'll have to see a few years from now since this era of new MW's is still fairly young.

True. But in the current climate beating Whittaker just seems harder than beating anyone Silva or Weidman did when it was a free for all.

Whittaker is a tough draw for anyone, no doubt about it. That said, I think a prime Anderson was good enough to add Whitty to his list of victims. Just my opinion.

The point is to make a statement and then support it with examples. Not being a douche, just interested to see why.
No need to defend yourself. I have started threads before and I can relate. I picked Izzy's streak because I think either one of his opponents can defeat any of the opponents that you listed for Silva and Weidman. I think even Costa would put up a good fight against Dan Henderson and Chris Weidman.

No need to defend yourself. I have started threads before and I can relate. I picked Izzy's streak because I think either one of his opponents can defeat any of the opponents that you listed for Silva and Weidman. I think even Costa would put up a good fight against Dan Henderson.
That's fair although Costa may not keep a high rate of action and need to slow down to make the rounds once the bully tactics don't work. I was not defending myself btw, I was giving an explanation in order to elicit a constructive conversation by being clear on what my intentions were. Interesting that the assumption is that it was defensive posturing but I suppose it justifies the reason for the explanation.

Maybe. But tough to say how Whitty would look with no USADA.

Also true. That could make things interesting. I was thinking that he can become vulnerable to great timing when he opens up but it also makes him dangerous. The juice does seem to make people more durable and able to perform at a higher rate of production.

I guess it comes down to the benefits of skills argument vs the benefits of power ups in a bottle. I will say that Whitty would be among the top names on the list had they competed, juice or no juice.

Back