• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Rashad: Strickland had already lost in advance, got put in another role during build-up

Played no part in the fight, Strickland won
stricklands corner thought he fought poorly against dricus
that was live lmao
so their all lying right?

strickland the dude was defending himself for 4.5 rounds
against dricus

pretty sure dricus punches and kicks so hard sean backpedalled

almost all mma websites and pro fighters thought ddp won

You have a point it was just a typical sean fight. But BEFORE you go into the fight, one can ONLY ASSUME that this affected him mentally. I completely understand and agree that the fight did not reflect that. However, when speaking on who has the mental edge going into the fight it would have HAD to be DDP.

as far as fighting reckless, Both DDP and Sean fought as they usually do.
no the power punches and kicks affected sean
thats why he backpedalled and defended himself for 4.5 rds

this is fighting bro if someone insults you
you should be more motivated to crush him

but instead he backpedalled
because he felt danger thats the reality

i like rashad but we aren't watching the same thing. sean was still confident on the mic, sounded great, owned any sort of stance anyone had and did it masterfully. i am a pre fight conference body language expert and was looking for faults, any sort of cracks. there was none. to say DDP flipped some sort of script beforehand, is primetime TKO marketing tactics. GSP not impressed.

Edwards was not triggered by Colby and Aldo literally laughed in Connors face when he jumped at him. I couldn't imagine two examples that are more wrong.

Too bad nobody gives a shit about your opinion.

Famously, Strickland has been the hammer in public speaking affairs with entertaining and quick-witted trash talk, showing no remorse. But according to Evans, du Plessis flipped the script
at their pre-fight presser. Evans, a well-equipped mental warfare artist in his prime, noticed that Strickland wasn't prepared for being on the receiving end of a verbal attack:

“I felt like the turning point of it all was him visibly being upset behind what Dricus was saying to him. When you have to fight somebody, the fight is fought on many different facets. You agreed to fight.
So if I can say something to you, disturb you to get you to become a little bit unhinged, I'll do that. And when it was Dricus being able to do that to Sean Strickland, Sean Strickland moved into a
different role. So when it got done back to him and he started to react like that, that was the first sign that things may not go his way on fight night.”

Evans feels that those comments rented space inside of Strickland’s mind and played a factor in the former champ’s state of mind heading into the fight:

“In a sense, where there's some kind of abuse, maybe physically, maybe even emotionally speaking, and who knows what else. But there's that abuse there. When you have that system of abuse,
there's certain characters that play different roles. And sometimes you can run across a person in life that reminds you of somebody who played a certain role in your abuse, that you had growing up.
So maybe Dricus displayed like one of those kids who had all that Strickland didn’t have, one of those rich kids. Who knows what the case may be, but it brought out a different side of Sean Strickland,
one that put him in a role of emotion, which we have never really seen.”

Source: https://www.givemesport.com/new-theory-emerges-reason-sean-stricklands-loss-dricus-du-plessis/
Hmm. Never knew Rashad was a shookologist.

I honestly thought Strickland looked exactly the same as he always does, didn't look any different to me, fought at the same pace as he always does and threw the same as he always does..

I've seen every single Strickland fight in UFC, and I have seen a few before he was in UFC, and he looks the same as he always does to me.

It was a super close fight, could have gone either way or been a draw. Nothing to see here with this mental fluff nonsense

Back