Rash Guards

angrybandnerd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What brands do you wear? And how do you pick your size? I'm currently about 5'7" and weigh about 182 pounds (still workin on that weight!). I recently picked up a Manto Gracie Barra short sleeve and I love it, but it's a little big in the sleeves as a large. Any other companies you guys fully endorse?

Man, I get the $11 rashguards at walmart. Honestly.

Not a bad idea, cost-wise, but I am middle aged and have a beer gut. So I buy OTM long-sleeved. I also have a couple of Tapout, which were given to me, which are good as well, but you may get laughed at for wearing them.

EDIT: a friend of mine just started Nature of The Beast clothing line, and the rash guard he gave me seems pretty good, but I haven't worn it, so i don;t know how well it holds up.

if you just want something under the gi, then under armour heat wear is good.

Underarmour costs like $40 for one shirt. Fuck that. I wanna hit up Wal-Mart now.

Well heres' the real question: Should it fit like Under Armor, or a little more loose? I'm going to order a couple more Manto rash guards and I was to make sure to get the right size.

I wear underarmour because they are easy to get at stores where you can try them on and they are still as good as regular rash guards. I'm 5'10 125-130 pounds and wear a large so it isn't completely super tight but still pretty tight.

I have two of the walmart ones myself and just as good as my underarmor stuff imo. I would hate to spend $40+ each time a rashguard wore out or was ripped.

Man, I get the $11 rashguards at walmart. Honestly.

Same here except that I got mine on clearance at the end of the Summer for $5 each a few years ago. Wound up getting 5 or 6 in different colors & long / short sleeve.

I have 2 pairs of underarmor, 1 tapout from Marshall's, and 2 some random Marshall's brand.

You definitely get what you pay for as the underarmor ones are the best feeling, and the logo has not deteriorated at all. The tapout is comfy, but the logos have chipped off. The random Marshall's ones, one got a hole in it after only a couple uses (it has since been stitched up and has held up well, thanks mom!) and aren't quite as comfortable IMO.

Prices were 35 for the UA's, 15 for the tapout, I think 13 for the random brand.

Over nearly 9 years of grappling, I've had a chance to own or try most of what's out there.

If a name and style mean a lot to you, I love Manto and Nogi stuff.

However, my $11 shirts from walmart have held up just as well as my Manto and Nogi, and better than any Under Armor I've had.

Unlike a lot of other equipment, you certainly do NOT get what you pay for in rash guards.

Back