Rash Guards

To be honest, I've noticed a difference when I roll with a rash guard on. I guess it's the whole keeping you cool thing.

TrueFightGear has thick, short sleeved, sublimated rash guards for $19.99

/plug

I really like my Underarmour rash guards, one long sleeved and one short. They fit like a glove and have not deteriorated in the slightest. I see lots of other rash guards around, but most of them don't appeal to me. I want my rashguard to be skin tight, because I hate it when someone's toe or finger gets caught in my shirt while rolling. I want it to be a solid colour (both of mine are black), no artwork or super prominent logos. I also like em smooth; when rolling I feel some rashguards that are a bit rough, like the fabric is developing little knots.

Next time I look for a rashguard I'll see if I can get one cheaper and give that a try, although I despite Walmart so I don't know if I'll go there.

I just wear some cheap red Nike rashguard, it works good and I got it for like $14 at Modell's.

Do they have a huge Walmart logo on the front???? Cause that would be awesome and I would run to the store right now to pick it up

Sorry to disappoint. Actually if it said, "Great Value" it'd be even better. :icon_lol: The actual logo/label is pretty is small and doesn't reflect anything having to do with Wally world.

a lot of people will say to use underarmour or some name brand rashguards... but they are very very expensive (tend to be 40-50 bucks a rashguard), your best bet? wait until your next tournament, you can usually buy 2 rashguards for 20-25 bucks (pound for pound ones) and i havent had any problems with mine... im 5'6" 170 and wear medium, but you can try them on there

the walmart ones look and feel fine, although i have only tried their stretchy boxers underneath my shorts/gi which work very well

a lot of people will say to use underarmour or some name brand rashguards... but they are very very expensive (tend to be 40-50 bucks a rashguard), your best bet? wait until your next tournament, you can usually buy 2 rashguards for 20-25 bucks (pound for pound ones) and i havent had any problems with mine... im 5'6" 170 and wear medium, but you can try them on there

Second

I got my fight durty rash guard at a jiujitsu comp and I love it. I think it was like 30 bucks and came with a free shirt, I've rolled in that rash guard a hundred times and it hasn't shown any wear at all.

As for the fit I would say get one that's tight but not compression as those can rub a bit. If your rockin a gi then go with long sleeves, saves you scrubbing blood out of gi elbows the night after takedowns lol

I generally just use Wal-mart rashguards, but I do own a tuxedo rashguard that I got from thebjjlifestyle website. It's pretty sweet.

Short sleeve under armour heat gear, 25ish per shirt, I wear them year round. I have 2 rashies from UA that have lasted me 4 years.

I have a bunch of cheap Target ones and one Manto long sleeve that I fucking love.

I generally just use Wal-mart rashguards, but I do own a tuxedo rashguard that I got from thebjjlifestyle website. It's pretty sweet.

ditto. i love my tuxedo one.

i also got a few of the walmart ones, they're actually Starter brand for around 8-10 bucks a piece and had them screen printed with our team name and logo, they work out very well. i wear these most of the time, but if i see a really cool design on one and i have the extra scrilla, i'll pick it up.

Listed from most to least comfortable. O'neill Loose Fit (Had this from before bjj probably like $25-30), Tokyo Five (Part of competition entry fee), Starter ($13).

I have 2 Sirius Athletic rash guards. One long and one short sleeved. I have had these for over 4 years now and I train in them 5-6 times a week and both are holding up amazingly well. I have wore the short sleeved one a lot more than the long sleeved and the logos are finally wearing out, but these have definitely been trained in and washed a couple hundred times a piece and hold up great.

To the people who get them from Walmart:

What's the brand on them, I wonder if I could get the same through Ebay.

Thanks.

Back