Media Rarest/Most Exotic Submissions in the UFC/MMA (gif heavy)

Found a video of someone taping to a full-nelson (lol)

02:00

PowerfulOffbeatIguanodon-max-1mb.gif

Koji clutch
From what fight?

I immediately thought of this thread when it happened. I don't even know what to call that.
I think it's just a twister, Pettis basically twistered himself by turning his body but being unable to turn his leg, then Ray finished it by grabbing Pettis's shoulder and pulling

I think it's just a twister, Pettis basically twistered himself by turning his body but being unable to turn his leg, then Ray finished it by grabbing Pettis's shoulder and pulling

Agreed. But that's a modified version I've never seen. Same spine and neck twist but notice Ray didn't have control of Pettis legs? This twister looked far more damaging.

Amazing submission.

This is one that I actually love and use myself -- fairly underutilized in my opinion -- doesn't always get a tap, but is very good for positional control

I've been wondering this for years- where did all the keylock and Americana subs go?
They're just easy to defend if you're going against someone in the same weight class as you, in my experience. With weight classes, you don't see them like we used to in the 90s. That's my guess.

Another good crucifix, semi recent -- I tried this at a competition last year but didn't have the technique right and it cost me

Yeah I was thinking I'd probably call it a modified Twister.

This is one that I actually love and use myself -- fairly underutilized in my opinion -- doesn't always get a tap, but is very good for positional control

Agreed...as a way to control the other one is really great. What made it more brutal in this case was the way that Big Daddy went for it, thought that he was going to snap his neck with it!!

Back