Rank the Welters after this Weekend

Resumes at 147

Cotto- Mosley, Judah, Quintana, Urkal, Gomez
Floyd- Judah, Baldomir, Hatton, Mitchell

Its close right now, but Mosley is the best guy on there so the edge has to go to Cotto. If Cotto beats Margo it'll be no contest.

Rank 'em by whatever standard you want, but mine's just on who I think is the best, irregardless of their Ring or P4P rankins or whether they hold a belt or not. For example, I have Williams ahead of Quintana because I think Williams is better and will prove that in the rematch.

1. Cotto - Yeah, thats right
2. Mayweather - You dont get to stay #1 if you dont fight who you should
3. Margarito - looked like a beast the last couple fights. Seemed to regain his hunger after losing to Williams
4. Mosley - He's still go it, and he'll push Judah back to FNF status
5. Williams - flame away
6. Quintana - loses to williams in the rematch and then beats Cintron. Just another tough volume puncher for kermit to get out-worked against
7. Cintron - Avoids Mexi-style fighters and he's still dangerous for all but the elite

Other notables - Andre Berto, Zab Judah, Abner Mares

It's great that you are saying you don't stay number 1 if you don't fight who you should but Cotto just beat Alfonso Gomez. If you ask me thats not fighting who you should.

Rank 'em by whatever standard you want, but mine's just on who I think is the best, irregardless of their Ring or P4P rankins or whether they hold a belt or not. For example, I have Williams ahead of Quintana because I think Williams is better and will prove that in the rematch.

1. Cotto - Yeah, thats right
2. Mayweather - You dont get to stay #1 if you dont fight who you should
3. Margarito - looked like a beast the last couple fights. Seemed to regain his hunger after losing to Williams
4. Mosley - He's still go it, and he'll push Judah back to FNF status
5. Williams - flame away
6. Quintana - loses to williams in the rematch and then beats Cintron. Just another tough volume puncher for kermit to get out-worked against
7. Cintron - Avoids Mexi-style fighters and he's still dangerous for all but the elite

Other notables - Andre Berto, Zab Judah, Abner Mares

I dont think Williams has shown us any diversity in his career. He's got a great plan A.. Quintona found the answer to his plan A and defeated him as a result. I dont see that changing.

1. Mayweather - Beat Judah, Hatton, DLH, and Baldo since coming to 147. Would I have preferred that he fight a Vernon Forrest or Miguel Cotto.. yes..but those are still 3 respectable opponents that are on par with Cotto's comp at 147 thus far.
2. Cotto-I think Marg beats him, but until it happens Cotto is higher.
3. Margarito
4. Mosely
5. DLH
6.Quintona
7.Williams
8.Clottey
9. Judah
10. Berto

I dont think Williams has shown us any diversity in his career. He's got a great plan A.. Quintona found the answer to his plan A and defeated him as a result. I dont see that changing.

1. Mayweather - Beat Judah, Hatton, DLH, and Baldo since coming to 147. Would I have preferred that he fight a Vernon Forrest or Miguel Cotto.. yes..but those are still 3 respectable opponents that are on par with Cotto's comp at 147 thus far.
2. Cotto-I think Marg beats him, but until it happens Cotto is higher.
3. Margarito
4. Mosely
5. DLH
6.Quintona
7.Williams
8.Clottey
9. Judah
10. Berto

How can you have DLH on the list when he hasn't even fought at 147 in years.

I read he was dropping to 147. If that info is wrong, then Ill have to pluck him off my list.. but so long as he is, he belongs on it because he's got the skill to compete with anybody on the list

Okay... I don't see how you can put someone on the list even though he hasn't fought there in years despite his skill set. When he fights someone significant and beats him, then I'll do it.

Anyway, here is my list.

1. Mayweather - His competition might not be as impressive as Cotto's but he beat the linear champ so he owns this spot.
2. Cotto - Impressive victories over Judah, Quintana, and Mosley. While his competition could knock him up to the top spot, he still looks vulnerable from time to time even though his chin has improved at this weight.
3. Magarito - Face great contenders in Clottey and Williams before his rematch with Cintron. Absolutely destroyed the hardest puncher in the division. Earned this spot last weekend.
4. Quintana - Good boxer with a decent skill set. He's the guy to gauge your skills as a boxer. Impressive performance against Williams and I believe he would beat Williams again if they fought.
5. Williams - Despite his loss to Quintana, his physical attributes make him dangerous. He needs to utilize those attributes better.
6. Mosley - Why so high? At his age and performing so well against Cotto proved he is still dangerous and has chance to upset some of the title holders.
7. Cintron - Still debating this spot for him. Absolutely obliterated twice and only looked good against second tier opposition. Even then he was hit at will. He still has "KNOCK YOU DEAD" power though.
8. Clottey - My boy will get his time to shine after Margarito drops his belt to face Cotto. I would have Clottey higher, but I'll admit his competition hasn't been the greatest. And one can argue he is a front runner. I agree from time to time.
9. Judah - Yeah, people know how I feel about him. But he has give spirited performances against top contenders and is still dangerous for the first four rounds with his lightning hand speed.
10. Luis Collazo - Some can argue he beat Hatton. But he was definitely outhustled and beaten by Mosley. But this talented southpaw is good. Good speed, decent boxing skills.

...Berto is #11. Despite being young, athletic, and heavy handed, he hasn't fought anyone and has been hurt by light opposition.

I sure am happy to see so many Margarito @ #3 on so many lists.

Back