Rank the Welters after this Weekend

Heh. I'm a legend to some, sure...but not for all positive reasons. I'm like the living, breathing version of boxing's lifeblood. I yearn for attention and crave media hype. Any news is good news.

Heh. I'm a legend to some, sure...but not for all positive reasons. I'm like the living, breathing version of boxing's lifeblood. I yearn for attention and crave media hype. Any news is good news.

lmao, but you are on of the seriously most knowledgeable posters on the net. Im just a drunk with a broken ankle right now, lol.

Anyways, hope you stick around, because you have some valuable insight to the world of boxing.

Cotto deserved a Gomez style fight when he took it. Judah is a head case and will fall apart, but he's always dangerous. Probably the only guy who's faster in the division than Maywweather and he hits harder. Mosley is still the man.

Ill give props for Mayweather fighting Baldo, because he was the champ. Stylisticly though, he wasnt a thread. Judah is a wash since they both fought him. Hatton is not a welter.

I hope Cotto wears a good cup in the Judah rematch.

I still see Money Mayweather as the #1 guy, followed by Cotto.
The rest of the list is debatable.

Rank 'em by whatever standard you want, but mine's just on who I think is the best, irregardless of their Ring or P4P rankins or whether they hold a belt or not. For example, I have Williams ahead of Quintana because I think Williams is better and will prove that in the rematch.

1. Cotto - Yeah, thats right
2. Mayweather - You dont get to stay #1 if you dont fight who you should
3. Margarito - looked like a beast the last couple fights. Seemed to regain his hunger after losing to Williams
4. Mosley - He's still go it, and he'll push Judah back to FNF status
5. Williams - flame away
6. Quintana - loses to williams in the rematch and then beats Cintron. Just another tough volume puncher for kermit to get out-worked against
7. Cintron - Avoids Mexi-style fighters and he's still dangerous for all but the elite

Other notables - Andre Berto, Zab Judah, Abner Mares

switch mayweather with cotto on ur list and its pretty much on the money

What the hell....

1. PBF. Not just at welter but P4P.
2. Cotto. Beating Mosley puts him over Tony.
3. Margarito. Starting late against Williams costs him.
4. Williams. I think he'd beat Mosley close and will beat Quintana in the rematch.
5. Mosley. Legend but on the downlslide.
6. Cintron/Quintana. Not real sure here, I actually think Kermit would get him. Yeah, still.
Judah-Berto would be fun. Not sure Andre is seasoned enough yet to deal with Zab for the 4 or 5 rounds he will have in his tank to be dangerous. Berto's chin is a mystery that is rumored to be shaky, but Zab got a glass heart to go along with his chin.

SSX, so you basically see it the same way, just with Mayweather as #1. And I cant argue with that. I do think that Cotto could be a guy that knocks off Floyd, but its far from certain, and I cant argue against keeping Mayweather as #1. Putting Cotto there just adds fuel to the fire for a lively discussion.

Any thoughts on where the winner of Judah Mosley goes, i.e. who would he fight next? Same question for the loser.

Any thoughts on where the winner of Judah Mosley goes, i.e. who would he fight next? Same question for the loser.

When Mosley wins, I can see him fighting the winner of williams/quintana or the loser of margarito and cotto. When Judah loses, he will be relegated to stepping stone status for up and comers in the welter weight division. Lets just say he will be spending a lot of time with Teddy Atlas...

I agree that Mosley will win and I agree re Judah. I would like to see Mosley fight Cotto again after the last battle, but I just don't see Cotto losing to Margarito. Is the Quintana Williams rematch going to happen?

Mosley vs Cotto II doesnt make any sense for Cotto at this point. If he keeps winning, he needs to keep moving up the ladder. Although I agree that it was a lot of fun to watch, and if I remember correctly, I had it scored very close.

Quintana/williams II will happen.

Very close indeed.

I agree that the rematch would not make sense for Cotto if he beats Margarito, but I am not sure where up is for Cotto with a win over Margarito UNLESS, of course, Floyd enters the picture.... I guess the real question is whether the money would bring Floyd to the table if Cotto gets the win in July.

Mayweather is No.1 no question, Putting him at number 2 because Cotto faced a reality TV star, A over the hill legend and Judah who has faster and harder punches than Mayweather even though Floyd beat him just discredits this whole thread!

Mayweather is No.1 no question, Putting him at number 2 because Cotto faced a reality TV star, A over the hill legend and Judah who has faster and harder punches than Mayweather even though Floyd beat him just discredits this whole thread!

Arent you the guy who was saying Manny should fight DLH?

Back