Rank the Welters after this Weekend

mschatz

Hamma: I has it
Reaction score
Rank 'em by whatever standard you want, but mine's just on who I think is the best, irregardless of their Ring or P4P rankins or whether they hold a belt or not. For example, I have Williams ahead of Quintana because I think Williams is better and will prove that in the rematch.

1. Cotto - Yeah, thats right
2. Mayweather - You dont get to stay #1 if you dont fight who you should
3. Margarito - looked like a beast the last couple fights. Seemed to regain his hunger after losing to Williams
4. Mosley - He's still go it, and he'll push Judah back to FNF status
5. Williams - flame away
6. Quintana - loses to williams in the rematch and then beats Cintron. Just another tough volume puncher for kermit to get out-worked against
7. Cintron - Avoids Mexi-style fighters and he's still dangerous for all but the elite

Other notables - Andre Berto, Zab Judah, Abner Mares

Rankings lose their meaning when you rank guys who in their last fight, COMFORTABLY beat the other guy, below the loser. No point in flaming, it just makes no sense whatsoever...but thats the problem with lists "They're mine, not your's" beats any actual logic.

LOL. Cotto's last three opponents.

Gomez (worst title challenger to an elite fighter, in a long time)

Judah (coming off back to back losses)

and Mosley (high quality opponent)

How is that better than:

Baldomir (owned Judah and was the #1 welter)

Judah (scrub)

Hatton (undefeated, P4P contender, 140 pound champion)

That makes NO sense whatsoever.

Cotto deserved a Gomez style fight when he took it. Judah is a head case and will fall apart, but he's always dangerous. Probably the only guy who's faster in the division than Maywweather and he hits harder. Mosley is still the man.

Ill give props for Mayweather fighting Baldo, because he was the champ. Stylisticly though, he wasnt a thread. Judah is a wash since they both fought him. Hatton is not a welter.

Cotto fighting Gomez was a joke. How did Gomez earn a title shot, by beating Gatti?

Guys take a light touch now and again after a hard series of fights. He deserved it. Its not the end of the world, and Cotto wont be making a habit of it.

'He deserved it' another buzz phrase that defeats logic.

'He deserved it' more buzz phrases that defeat logic.

*shrugs*

My point is that I dont consider it a knock on him for taking a light touch after the recent stretch of fights he had.

*shrugs*

My point is that I dont consider it a knock on him for taking a light touch after the recent stretch of fights he had.

I understand what your point was, I just have no idea how you say 'Hatton: not a welter" and yet, Judah is? Gomez is washed away with "he deserved it". Based on what? That you think? Thats what it always comes back to.

'They're mine, not yours'.

I understand what your point was, I just have no idea how you say 'Hatton: not a welter" and yet, Judah is? Gomez is washed away with "he deserved it". Based on what? That you think? Thats what it always comes back to. .

Judah's fought his last 10-12 fights as a welter and seems to have grown into that weight well. He's still fast, possibly the fastest in the division, and he can crack a bit. Hatton fought, what, once before at 147?

'They're mine, not yours'.

Yes. Have I argued otherwise? I put my list there and defended it as I see it. If you disagree, post your own.

Mayweather would beat Cotto in a SD right, in my humble opinion, Hope im wrong.

Id go with

1. Floyd
2. Miguel
3. Tony

I won;t post my own, becauses debating lists is silly.

Back