Rank the best win streaks among GOAT candidates (Fedor, Jones, Silva, GSP, Aldo)

For me it's Jones, and it's not even close. An impressive 25-0 against amazing opposition doing things to those fighters nobody else have done. I don't care about 12 to 6 elbows or that NC against Cormier, I watched the fights.

He has looked invencible also on every fight, dominating each opponent. GSP got knocked out by Serra and couldn't finish most of his opponents, not even Dan Hardy. Anderson got outwrestled all the time, losing rounds to guys like Travis Lutter this way and even fights to some japanese bums because of it. I don't know half the guys that DJ beat. Aldo got destroyed by Max and Conor and he doesn't look past his prime, he can still outclass Edgar and the rest of the division.

Fedor is the GOAT because he faced the toughest dudes on the planet at heavyweight and reached 33-0 with more than 10 wins over top 10 ranked guys. But he wasn't really as impressive. HWs are the most undimensional fighters in MMA and Fedor exploited this by being well rounded, he also had to come back from behind in many fights. Fujjita almost knocked him out, Hunt pinned him down and was trying to do an americana to him. Most of the guys Jones faced were legit beasts for their weight and he toyed with them.

Fedor
Aldo
Silva
GSP
Jones

What Fedor did, in Pride was amazing. Especially if you consider with heavyweights 1 lucky punch could easily end it.

I'd like to have GSP higher, but he was too choosy with his opponents, and when he would fight them.

These are the longest win streaks among GOAT candidates:

Fedor - 27 fight win streak, 21 finishes, 3 title defenses

Jones - 14 fight win streak, 9 finishes, 8 title defenses

Silva - 17 fight win streak, 15 finishes, 10 title defenses

GSP - 13 fight win streak, 9 title defenses, 4 finishes

Aldo - 18 fight win streak, 9 title defenses, 9 finishes

My rank is:
1. Silva (barely edged out Fedor via title defenses)
2. Fedor
3. Aldo
4. Jones
5. GSP

How would you rank these win streaks?
You left off the current 27-0 fighter.

For me it's Jones, and it's not even close. An impressive 25-0 against amazing opposition doing things to those fighters nobody else have done. I don't care about 12 to 6 elbows or that NC against Cormier, I watched the fights.

He has looked invencible also on every fight, dominating each opponent. GSP got knocked out by Serra and couldn't finish most of his opponents, not even Dan Hardy. Anderson got outwrestled all the time, losing rounds to guys like Travis Lutter this way and even fights to some japanese bums because of it. I don't know half the guys that DJ beat. Aldo got destroyed by Max and Conor and he doesn't look past his prime, he can still outclass Edgar and the rest of the division.

Fedor is the GOAT because he faced the toughest dudes on the planet at heavyweight and reached 33-0 with more than 10 wins over top 10 ranked guys. But he wasn't really as impressive. HWs are the most undimensional fighters in MMA and Fedor exploited this by being well rounded, he also had to come back from behind in many fights. Fujjita almost knocked him out, Hunt pinned him down and was trying to do an americana to him. Most of the guys Jones faced were legit beasts for their weight and he toyed with them.
Too bad he cheats or he'd be what you claim.

Silva had the best streak though GSP had the best career.

Aldo is great but I don't consider him a GOAT candidate.

Khabib's 27 win streak should be mentioned if you list Aldo.

your opinion on fighters is literally shit

Fedor - 10 years @ HW unbeaten.
Silva - Amazing Highlight finishes
Jon - the dominance over big names (old guard) and new (Gus, DC)
GSP - safe decisions, but steady & dominant wins.
Aldo - Started fast & furious, but declined over time (less flashy, more decisions)

Tough call tbh, why do we need to do this? And not just appreciate these gents' achievements?

Anyways, #1 is JBJ for me, as he just obliterated everyone put in front of him. Fedor and Silva are #2 because of their post-prime losses. #4 is GSP because he played it rather safe and lost his killer's instinct that we all love in this game. Aldo is good and was mega dominant but I am not as impressed.

Voila.

Silva had the best streak though GSP had the best career.

Aldo is great but I don't consider him a GOAT candidate.

Khabib's 27 win streak should be mentioned if you list Aldo.
I couldn't agree more. I think Aldo is great, but who is signature win? People mention his ten year undefeated stretch, but beating who is put in front of you doesn't make you great. To be the best you have to beat the best like Max said. If I beat up every person at the Y it doesn't make me the best fighter ever. The way he got smoked by Max twice removes him from any GOAT list permanently in my opinion. His victories before and after those fights show that he is in his prime. A prime GOAT doesn't get finished twice by the same person.

fedor
gsp
jones
silva
aldo

Jon "GOAT" Jones has a 25 win streak. A DQ and a NC doesn't change the fact he was winning / won both and, as always, in a dominating fashion. You can't change that. Deal with it.

Back