Rank the best win streaks among GOAT candidates (Fedor, Jones, Silva, GSP, Aldo)

GSP - 13 fight win streak, 9 title defenses, 4 finishes

I would say the way you characterize George's run of 13 is not entirely accurate. GSP's current 13 fight win streak includes 11 consecutive title fight wins. Yes, he has 9 defenses at Welter but his win streak includes 11 consecutive title fight wins. Its a very, very impressive run of 13.

From your list? Two are ineligible as cheats. Two are all-time greats but protected by weight class, leaving only one option.

Fedor GOAT
Georges All-time Great
Aldo All-time Great

Jon Cheater
Spider cheater

I would say the way you characterize George's run of 13 is not entirely accurate. GSP's current 13 fight win streak includes 11 consecutive title fight wins. Yes, he has 9 defenses at Welter but his win streak includes 11 consecutive title fight wins. Its a very, very impressive run of 13.
What’s your rank?

Jones
GSP (would have been #1 if he had more finishes)
Silva
Fedor
Aldo

Sorry but your horseshit "lineal title defense" doesn't count and is not real

It's absolutely real because it happened. You must just be in shock at finding out about it now. Don't worry, it will pass in time and then admiration will wash over you like a waterfall of love.

Fedors wins over Coleman and Randleman were when he was Pride HW champ but they weren't title fights despite them both having held UFC belts.
Ranking Silva above Fedor because of title defences doesn't really work for me.

Fedor
Silva
Aldo
Jones
GSP

13 wins 4 finishes and 11 title defences doesn't cut it for Demetrious Johnson then?
Fedor won the Pride AND lineal UFC title from Big Nog . So lineal titles were on the line . Soooo Fedor fights from Nog to Verdoom were all title fights . http://www.fightmatrix.com/lineal-championship-histories/heavyweights/

Jones and Silva =

giphy.gif

Removed from GOAT talks

What’s your rank?

Well for starters, I don't give a shit what these guys do outside the UFC with the exception of Fedor who fought during a different paradigm. So for example, Silva's 16 in the UFC is how I think of it, not 17. Aldo I give a partial pass because the WEC was legit as fuck and I was a big fan back before they were purchased by Zuffa. Jones is probably the most rawly skilled fighter ever seen. That guy could win fights before he ever had a camp, he practiced in his garage. GSP is probably the most complete fighter of all time, although I admit that Bones and Fedor were also very skilled in all areas of modern mixed martial arts.

All things considered, and if PED's are of no concern then I would rank them like this. The disclaimer here is they are all apex fighters and it doesn't really matter how you rank them. They are Top 5 all time, each and every one.

GSP (Had almost as many Top 5 wins as Anderson and Fedor combined.)
Bones (Gifted, steroids or not he is unbelievably gifted inside a cage.)
Fedor (Probably the first true icon in the sport, and its Last Emperor.)
Silva (Stand up striking extraordinaire. He was a wizard that dwelled within the Matrix.)
Aldo (The greatest pivot I've ever seen on a fighter. Unstoppable in his prime.)

It's absolutely real because it happened. You must just be in shock at finding out about it now. Don't worry, it will pass in time and then admiration will wash over you like a waterfall of love.
It's not though, Fedor only defended the pride HW belt 3 times. Like it or not, you can stick your dogshit opinion to yourself

Fedor was the #1 HW from March 16th 2003 until June 26th 2010.
That is 7 years, 3 months, and 10 days of being the #1 undisputed HW of the world without a loss during that reign.
During Fedor's 7 year reign as the #1 HW he won 20 fights.

Anderson was the #1 MW from October 14th 2006 until July 6th 2013.
That is 6 years, 8 months, and 22 days of being the #1 undisputed MW of the world without a loss during that reign.
During Anderson's 6 year reign as the #1 MW he won 15 fights.

Aldo was the #1 FW from November 18th 2009 until December 12th 2015.
That is 6 years, 0 months, and 24 days of being the #1 undisputed FW of the world without a loss during that reign.
During Aldo's 6 year reign as the #1 FW he won 10 fights.

GSP was the #1 WW from April 19th 2008 until December 13th 2013.
That is 5 years, 7 months, and 24 days of being the #1 undisputed WW of the world without a loss during that reign.
During GSP's 5 year reign as the #1 WW he won 10 fights.

Jones was the #1 LHW from March 19th 2011 until April 28th 2015
That is 4 years, 1 months, and 9 days of being the #1 undisputed LHW of the world before he was stripped of his title.
During Jones' 4 year reign as the #1 LHW he won 9 fights.

Happy to help.

It's not though, Fedor only defended the pride HW belt 3 times. Like it or not, you can stick your dogshit opinion to yourself

Your anger at reality is beautiful.

<Goldie11>

Enjoy buddeh.

Fedor, followed closely by Rickson.

Probably GSP in 3rd.

Jones is not a GOAT candidate, not when he clearly roided his entire career and fought 90% dudes who are like a foot shorter than him.

Anderson also cheated, but among his competition there are also a bunch of juciers, and the size disparity was never so crazy.

1) Jon Jones
2) GSP (Would be #1 by a mile without Serra loss)
3) Aldo
4) Fedor
5) Anderson Silva

Last edited:
Back