Rank Korean Zombie among Greatest Asian fighters of all time

OP wouldn't have even been that bad as an opinion but it's tough to hold respect when you rank DHK over KZ

unforgivable

Why? He knocked out Horiguchi and overall has a stellar record.

liotta-laughing-gif-5.gif

Oh well let's agree to disagree.

Zombie does NOT belong in top 3. Like that's crazy.

You can't be like oh Zombie was green so it's fine getting ktfo by Roop then take credit for beating Poirier when he was green because Zombie was green too. Zombie wasn't also. He fought for the title after that fight. There's not a single noticeable improvement he has made since then. He wasn't green. Poriier was. and Edgar was washed up, and I mean Yair knocked him out. That's what MMA is. You knock the guy out you win.

We can agree to disagree. I like Zombie. I think he will lose to Ige though but we will see. Hope to be proven wrong.

He has definitely deserved it, he's top 3 for me.

Dustin was 12 wins with only 1 loss when he fought Zombie, on a 5 fight win streak (4 in the UFC - defeating a green Holloway).

They both started fighting around the same time, give or miss a year. Dustin had the more experience on the big show, and Zombie still beat him at his own game. So if Poirier was a "hella green", so was Zombie.

Zombie was rushed into that title fight, he was still "hella green". He started putting it on Aldo just before his shoulder blew out.

If you notice, he didn't fight again since that loss for over 4 years. He definitely sharpened his skills since then.

And like I said, he's in my top 3 because...

he's beat former UFC champions, first Korean fighter to fight for the UFC title. First twister submission in UFC history. Smashed Poirier and beat him with his own submission. One of the fastest KO's in UFC history. Fight of the decade vs. Garcia in WEC. His post-fight bonus's are stacked.

Aoki fought cans for the lot of his career after he went over to ONEFC. That was some legit can crushing he did, and he lost to Mel and Eddie, though he beat Eddie so it's 1-1.

At the end of the day, I can see Zombie being ahead of Aoki because I think it's arguable Zombie fought significantly higher level competition.

I think Zombie beats Aoki at FW if Aoki can get there too. I think.

If you say Aoki fought cans, you can say so about most guys in your list who made his career in JMMA.
Aoki beat plenty of top ranked LWs in his day - Cavalcante, Kawajiri, Hanssen, Eddie, Kitaoka, Aurelio, Shaolin, Caol Uno, Kikuchi.... - more than most of the guys in your list. So it is what it is.

By the way, Aoki after almost 20 years of pro career has just submitted James Nakashima in the first round. Please dont throw around the word "can" like that, it makes you look like the typical shertard, which I dont think you are

OP wouldn't have even been that bad as an opinion but it's tough to hold respect when you rank DHK over KZ

unforgivable

DHK
13-4(1 nc) in UFC with losses to Condit, Maia, Woodley, Covington

KZ
6-3 in UFC with losses to Aldo, Ortega and Yair

Who had a better career?

Like seriously?

oh yeah I forgot about him too, good call.

I don't think him getting ktfo by Hansen helped much.
It didn't, but it was fairly early on in his career, against a who was viewed as one of the very best lightweights in the world at the time. I mean, he's the guy who lifted Gomi's title from him.

You think Ilia Topuria can avoid getting leg locked by Hall?
I won't lie. I have no idea who that is. I'll have to check him out to give an opinion. But Hall can definitely stymie and control people without submitting them.

He has definitely deserved it, he's top 3 for me.

Dustin was 12 wins with only 1 loss when he fought Zombie, on a 5 fight win streak (4 in the UFC - defeating a green Holloway).

They both started fighting around the same time, give or miss a year. Dustin had the more experience on the big show, and Zombie still beat him at his own game. So if Poirier was a "hella green", so was Zombie.

Zombie was rushed into that title fight, he was still "hella green". He started putting it on Aldo just before his shoulder blew out.

If you notice, he didn't fight again since that loss for over 4 years. He definitely sharpened his skills since then.

And like I said, he's in my top 3 because...

he's beat former UFC champions, first Korean fighter to fight for the UFC title. First twister submission in UFC history. Smashed Poirier and beat him with his own submission. One of the fastest KO's in UFC history. Fight of the decade vs. Garcia in WEC. His post-fight bonus's are stacked.

Let's agree to disagree. HIm top 3 is simply crazy. I think there's more argument him being outside top 10 than him being inside top 5.

Top 3? That's crazy.

Yeah just because someone was inactive for four years doesn't mean that person improved compared to before...

Reactions: TCE
I won't lie. I have no idea who that is. I'll have to check him out to give an opinion. But Hall can definitely stymie and control people without submitting them.

That kid is a big faovurite against Hall. I'm surprised. He is like 23? and has a BJJ Black belt already. And people think Hall is going to get smashed.

If you say Aoki fought cans, you can say so about most guys in your list who made his career in JMMA.
Aoki beat plenty of top ranked LWs in his day - Cavalcante, Kawajiri, Hanssen, Eddie, Kitaoka, Aurelio, Shaolin, Caol Uno, Kikuchi.... - more than most of the guys in your list. So it is what it is.

By the way, Aoki after almost 20 years of pro career has just submitted James Nakashima in the first round. Please dont throw around the word "can" like that, it makes you look like the typical shertard, which I dont think you are

I said in ONEFC. Which has been what, last I don't know, for many years.

I do think he fought cans in ONEFC. I wish he went over to UFC even now.

Would have loved to see Aoki vs Khabib. Don't get me wrong though. I think Aoki is very very skilled. HE did crush lots of cans in ONEfc.

It didn't, but it was fairly early on in his career, against a who was viewed as one of the very best lightweights in the world at the time. I mean, he's the guy who lifted Gomi's title from him.

Yeah Hansen one of those guys whose fall was pretty drastic

Let's agree to disagree. HIm top 3 is simply crazy. I think there's more argument him being outside top 10 than him being inside top 5.

Top 3? That's crazy.

Yeah just because someone was inactive for four years doesn't mean that person improved compared to before...

Agree to disagree, Sherbro. I enjoy your threads and posts. Can't wait for the fights.

Agree to disagree, Sherbro. I enjoy your threads and posts. Can't wait for the fights.

Thanks man! Rare non-hate compliment! Yeah to be fair, I wonder how it would've played out if Zombie didn't get hurt against Aldo, oh well

I love KZ too, there's very little to not like about him. I was shocked he lost against Ortega...

Hope KZ wins, but I lean towards Ige.

Reactions: TCE
Yeah I'm going to double down on the Aoki can crushing thing. For last 8 years man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinya_Aoki

Because you dont know them. Just like you dont know who James Nakashima is and you are calling him can as well, which downgrades your opinion btw.

Regardless, based on what Aoki did in his pre-ONE career, he is already among the best Asian fighters of all-time, and particularly above KZ.

Thanks man! Rare non-hate compliment! Yeah to be fair, I wonder how it would've played out if Zombie didn't get hurt against Aldo, oh well

I love KZ too, there's very little to not like about him. I was shocked he lost against Ortega...

Hope KZ wins, but I lean towards Ige.

I just hope the JBG is out, so we can be in a night of violence.

Check my thread "My greatest fights of all time list" if you can. Absolute bangers in there.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...derrated-gems-with-absolute-classics.4178063/

Because you dont know them. Just like you dont know who James Nakashima is and you are calling him can as well, which downgrades your opinion btw.

Regardless, based on what Aoki did in his pre-ONE career, he is already among the best Asian fighters of all-time, and particularly above KZ.

Well he maybe above KZ, I put him above KZ.

Well, It's pretty cool Nakashima beat Okami. Perhaps he's not a bad fighter.

But it doesn't change the fact that Aoki crushed cans for the majority of last 8 years.

I think anyways. It is what it is, we can agree to disagree imo

Back