Rank Korean Zombie among Greatest Asian fighters of all time

But good mention about Nakashima fight, he beat Okami? Not bad, not bad.

He beat a washed up Okami but he did so in dominant fashion, and also beat several guys for the LFA belt who then went to fight for the UFC. He was also beating Abbasov for the WW tittle before he got caught with a knee in the 4th. And he is a big LW. Not a world beater yet, but definitely not a can. Submitting him in the first round is impressive, especially at this stage in Aoki's career

I just hope the JBG is out, so we can be in a night of violence.

Check my thread "My greatest fights of all time list" if you can. Absolute bangers in there.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...derrated-gems-with-absolute-classics.4178063/

I did I think when you first posted it lol, yes there are some absolute bangers in there for sure lol. It might have been cool if you ranked them but that's prob too much work! Great thread for sure! I'm sure it must have taken a fair bit of time to write up

Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kestutis Smirnovas

Talking about Just bleed God, literal definition of fight to death lol he's out? keep punch him and wake him up lol Saku Goat

Reactions: TCE
He beat a washed up Okami but he did so in dominant fashion, and also beat several guys for the LFA belt who then went to fight for the UFC. He was also beating Abbasov for the WW tittle before he got caught with a knee in the 4th. And he is a big LW. Not a world beater yet, but definitely not a can. Submitting him in the first round is impressive, especially at this stage in Aoki's career

Yeah I'm sure there's limit to crushing cans consistently for 8 years. I'm sure Aoki is good enough to beat most guys at lightweight. He's just feeding on cans

I did I think when you first posted it lol, yes there are some absolute bangers in there for sure lol. It might have been cool if you ranked them but that's prob too much work! Great thread for sure! I'm sure it must have taken a fair bit of time to write up

Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kestutis Smirnovas

Talking about Just bleed God, literal definition of fight to death lol he's out? keep punch him and wake him up lol Saku Goat

Thanks. bro. Yeah that's literally up there as one of my favourite fights of all time.

Saku was out cold in the ropes, and then boom. As Derrick Lewis will say "he sat up like the Undertaker".

Thanks. bro. Yeah that's literally up there as one of my favourite fights of all time.

Saku was out cold in the ropes, and then boom. As Derrick Lewis will say "he sat up like the Undertaker".

Yeah man....one of the craziest shit that You will ever see, no regards for fighter safety, if you die, you die. That's why Saku is GOAT. If anyone is like a gladiator like some claim MMA fighters are, it's Saku. True fucking warrior.

I mean, I can't believe PRIDE tried to make Fedor vs Saku. Fedor would have literally mauled Saku.

That kid is a big faovurite against Hall. I'm surprised. He is like 23? and has a BJJ Black belt already. And people think Hall is going to get smashed.
Well, smashing Hall would be quite a feet. Even though, on paper, he has a style that almost seems lifted straight from Japanese catch/kaitentai style, whereas kaitentai entails dynamic action and no stalemates, Hall is a master at enacting stifling his opponents and putting them in a position where, even if they aren't being finished, they aren't really able to launch any meaningful offense. His inactivity--due to people ducking him or perhaps the UFC not making fights happen--may hurt him and he's no spring chicken, but he's extremely resourceful and intelligent and as I said, definitely great when it comes to shutting his opponent down.

Yeah Hansen one of those guys whose fall was pretty drastic
I think he did pretty well for himself, honestly, even later into his career. I mean, after losing the Shooto title to Shaolin, he still had a ton of great performances and wins, like his spectacular KO over Caol Uno in an all-time great war, his back and forth with Sakurai in the Pride lightweight Grand Prix, his TKO of Aoki and, even in the twilight of his career, at featherweight, his wins over Tokoro and Ishida.

I can see a case for KZ to be ranked above Okami but based on longevity at the top...I dont think so.

When do you say KZ started to be considered a top fighter? And how many fights he had since then? Okami was arguably beating Jake Shields in 2006, another close fight in a UFC tittle eliminator vs Franklin in 2007, and still in 2014 he was ranked top10 at MW.

Within that period of time Okami had 20+ fights. KZ has had 7 fights in the last 9 years...

Shields wasn't even relevant in 2006. That fight doesn't matter.

Shields wasn't even relevant in 2006. That fight doesn't matter.

He was certainly relevant. Thats why he was in such tournament in the first place, which actually won.

Apart from that void statement... You dodged the question. What opponent made KZ to be considered a top fighter?

isn't Russia part of Asia
Fedor number 1

Fedor is from Western Russia which is part of Europe

I got flamed for making the same error a couple weeks ago. For some reason I thought he was much further East

Fedor is from Western Russia which is part of Europe

I got flamed for making the same error a couple weeks ago. For some reason I thought he was much further East
Jeez ppl flaming you for a simple misunderstanding. Nitpicking at its finest I guess then again this is Sherdog

1. Sakuraba - No explanation needed
2. Gomi - Former number 1 pound for pound with Fedor in 2005, beat Sakurai
3. Sakurai - Former number 1 WW in the world, fought Hughes AND Anderson
4. Kid Yamamoto - Rip
5. Horiguchi - Arguably the second best Flyweight in the history of that division
6. Okami
7. DHK
8. Aoki
9. Zombie
10. Akiyama

Honorable mention: Fujita, Kawajiri, Ishida, Kitaoka, Caol Uno, Yoshida, Misaki, Nakamura, Minowa, Sanae, Tamura, Kondo, Kanehara, Dong, etc
Aoki should be ahead of a lot of these guys tbh, certainly Okami, Horiguchi and DHK.

Korean Zombie in Top 10 list of Asian MMA fighters, all-time?

You people are literally huffing gasoline.

Get a grip....he probably doesn’t even crack Top 25.

Korean Zombie in Top 10 list of Asian MMA fighters, all-time?

You people are literally huffing gasoline.

Get a grip....he probably doesn’t even crack Top 25.

Maybe you are the one who needs to get a grip.
Try to come with those 25 guys and let us see how delusional you are

Maybe you are the one who needs to get a grip.
Try to come with those 25 guys and let us see how delusional you are
Sure. I got 20 in my head. When I get home ill find 5 more.

You don’t think he’s top 10 do you? As a longtime fan there’s no way....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back