Randy Couture thread

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Won the Heavyweight Title 4 fights into his UFC career. Taking on all comers from Rizzo, to Barnett, to Vitor to Randelman to Maurice Smith

Wins the Light Heavyweight Title beating down an in his prime Chuck Liddell. Then in his very next fight unifies the title with a beatdown of Tito Ortiz who at that point was one of the best fighters in the world. At 40 years old is the Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship. Loses it to Vitor on a freak accident before beating him down as well to regain the title.

Loses to Chuck and retires

Comes back out of retirement to fight Tim Sylvia as a massive underdog at 43. And not only wins but dominates the fight and becomes Heavyweight Champion at 43. Defends it against Gonzaga in another fight he was supposed to get killed in.

Loses to Brock and Nog in 2 good fights before finishing it out with wins over Vera and Coleman before retiring off the Machida loss

Wins over Chuck, Tito, Vitor (2x), Randelman, Horn, Rizzo (2x), Sylvia, Gonzaga,Coleman, Vera, Smith. Amazing career

Last edited:
Randy is definitely a legend. I remember when he came out of retirement and blasted sylvia. Watched it in TSC great lakes theater after boot camp, whole place went ape shit

Captain America baby!
DrearyNeatBilby-max-1mb.gif

tumblr_o2r8uc53hR1u02msxo1_400.gif

I feel like Texiera is the new Couture. Guys who don't rely on speed don't slow down.

I remember in his first fight with Vitor, back when Vitor had "no known weaknesses", he pinned the Phenom to the fence and gave him one of the worst beatings I've ever seen. John McCarthy was reffing, and he stood over them both watching Vitor mashed to a pulp before intervening. The stoppage was so bad, I seriously wonder if Vitor did something to piss Big John off earlier that day.

That being said, Randy is awesome. There will probably never be another like him.

One of main reasons I began following the sport. Just something about his way of doing things that are not meant to be done. (sportswise , idgaf about his jo vidso_O)

Randy is a legend with a career worthy of respect, but I'll be impressed if you can find some shit more boring than the wall 'n stall tactics he employed from time to time, especially in the Vera fight.

Just imagine if he started at 18 or 20...He was born in 1963 and first fight was 97...He was 33 going on 34 or was 34? ...I would have to check. But, went on to do what he did? ...crazy ...

Back