Randy Couture thread

His record certainly doesn’t reflect how good a career he had.
Agreed. Randy never ducked anyone or tried to pad his record.

He fought everyone they put him up against.

The resume of people he fought and the size advantages the heavyweights had on Randy was insane. I think he weighed 225-230 against Brock, and Brock cut from 280, and Randy held his own in the grappling against him.

Seems like we tried to find out where Jim Cozad was back then too.

Pretty sure someone found him living in Seattle or somewhere in the PNW still lol

poster’s grandiose stories of him (like ones about Chuck Norris) were great lol - a mythical legend

I think he may have passed now.

poster’s grandiose stories of him (like ones about Chuck Norris) were great lol - a mythical legend

I think he may have passed now.

Its weird how there hasnt really been any legendary threads as of late.

Lots of good posters got banned and never came back.

Won the Heavyweight Title 4 fights into his UFC career. Taking on all comers from Rizzo, to Barnett, to Vitor to Randelman to Maurice Smith

Wins the Light Heavyweight Title beating down an in his prime Chuck Liddell. Then in his very next fight unifies the title with a beatdown of Tito Ortiz who at that point was one of the best fighters in the world. At 40 years old is the Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship. Loses it to Vitor on a freak accident before beating him down as well to regain the title.

Loses to Chuck and retires

Comes back out of retirement to fight Tim Sylvia as a massive underdog at 43. And not only wins but dominates the fight and becomes Heavyweight Champion at 43. Defends it against Gonzaga in another fight he was supposed to get killed in.

Loses to Brock and Nog in 2 good fights before finishing it out with wins over Vera and Coleman before retiring off the Machida loss

Wins over Chuck, Tito, Vitor (2x), Randelman, Horn, Rizzo (2x), Sylvia, Gonzaga,Coleman, Vera, Smith. Amazing career

I watched his seminar and met the man and hes an awesome guy who has soo much knowledge..he is a great fighter and coach... The shit he pulled off was movie like...i will never forget watching randy vs tim sylivia with my dad and randy shocking both of us with that beat down at 43....

A true early legend of the sport for sure

I did a break down of randy a few years ago , its somewhere in my thread history ...you covered some of the same points..good stuff

He's a legend, but having a heart attack while fapping on camera kind of taints (np intended) the overall picture.
I read about the heart attack, but surely the rest of your post is a joke, right?

Legend and ATG, underrated resume.

He was a jack off all trades, but had exceptional wrestling and clinch game as well. The way he was able to beat off top contenders and champs always impressed me.

Back