Randy Couture thread

One of the MMA pioneers in dancing
method=get&s=tumblrm74ubvn71p1ry1rm7o1250.gif

giphy.gif

He's a legend, but having a heart attack while fapping on camera kind of taints (np intended) the overall picture.

Has he ever explained what the hell was that all about and why he got recorded lol

Whole situation was Embarrassing

One of my all time favorites and definitely a legend in the sport. I think he remains the only 5x UFC champion having captured the HW belt 3x and LHW 2x. Also the first multi-weight class champion.

Lame record, cheater who charges kids for autographs. 'Mericuh

Don't forget he recently had a heart attack and walked himself to the hospital lol if thats not legend then wtf is

It is funny how some portions of Sherdog have a fetish for guys fighting in multiple weight classes and they ignore Randy who was, by far, the most successful fighter in terms of holding titles in two classes

Randy should actually get even more credit for that because he was outweighed by, I am guessing, 40+ lbs by Timmy and Brock

I think it is because Dana hates him now and so he never receives recognition by the UFC (unlike when he was Dana's buddy and they hyped him all the time)

His fights against Chuck, Tito and Timmy are some of my favorites all time.

and yes, "the natural" moniker seems like a dumb joke

I grew up on Randy Couture's MMA career. I was shocked when he beat Vitor because he was a no name at the time and Vitor was 2 gunning everyone with ease. There's a big difference in experiencing these guy's careers in real time than to play catch up on YouTube. The sport has definitely grown in leaps and bounds, but those were the good old days.

Randy was the MMA gambler's worst nightmare. You never knew exactly what Randy was gonna show up. You always knew he was a game rooster, but sometimes his game plans would be flawless and he'd cut through his opponent like a knife and look like a LHW GSP. Then there's the last two Liddell fights where he rushed forward and left glaring openings and you're left like "wtf?".

His record certainly doesn’t reflect how good a career he had.
A lot of fighters are like that in MMA because MMA fighters don't typically rack up a padded record like in Boxing. BJ Penn is another one of those guys that has a less than stellar win/loss record but if you only focused on his record you'd never know just how great he was in his prime. He was untouchable from 2006-2010 at LW while in his prime. Unfortunately for him, Frank Edgar was born and happened to be his Achilles heel. If not for him, BJ could have easily racked up a few more title defenses. I think BJ would have killed Gray Maynard and submitted Bendo. It was Edgar's dexterity, high fight IQ, heart and well rounded talent that messed BJ up bad.

Randy was the man back in the day but today he is reduced to a google search of his record

Back