Randy Couture: Lesnar title shot "begs the question, what’s going on?"

Randy Couture... the guy who jumped the line & got a title shot at HW, after losing two fights in a row at HW. Solely because of his star power at the time. Please, tell us more about what’s fair.

<{cruzshake}>

Whats more did so whilst on PEDs and after training with Sylvia and discovering he had a serious back injury forcing him to fight injured with the threat of being stripped otherwise.

I don't think theres been a "feel good" win more debunked.

Randy Couture... the guy who jumped the line & got a title shot at HW, after losing two fights in a row at HW. Solely because of his star power at the time. Please, tell us more about what’s fair.

<{cruzshake}>
"It’s certainly not based on merit. So, that’s nothing new. I’m not surprised.” - Randy Couture.

He's talking about USADA, not rankings and merit, which he acknowledges were never more important than money.

“Well, you know, they want to tout their USADA and all their strict rules for drug testing, but somehow this guy managed to get through and still managed to fail a test but still compete,” Couture told Submission Radio. “Which begs the question, what’s going on?

“Obviously, the rankings and all of that stuff, they manipulate that however they want anyway. Whatever makes business sense to them is all that really matters. They don’t care about the fighters. They don’t care about those rankings.

“You know, lots of guys have jumped queue. It’s certainly not based on merit. So, that’s nothing new. I’m not surprised.” he continued. “He’s a huge draw. I mean, at the end of the day that’s the business of it. It’s about selling pay-per-views. Certainly, DC is the champ and rightly so, they’re gonna put him in there with a guy like DC and that’s gonna draw huge pay-per-view numbers. So, that’s what it boils down to for them.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11...fc-doesnt-care-about-fighters-or-rankings-mma

randy-couture-brock-lesnar.jpg

Randy wants DC lol

<{cruzshake}>

Then tried to get of the company as champ so he could fight Fedor. Then Brock showed up in UFC and after getting his first UFC win, Randy was more than happy to return to defend his title against him.

Rankings are a guide to keep an eye on who’s doing well in a division and make interesting matchups, not a bloody concrete ladder to get to the title.

If a fighter has to work their way all the way up the top 10 to get a title shot, who the fuck they gonna fight when they get the belt? All challengers gonna be folk the champ has already beat? It’s fucking stupid people get passionate about rankings.

They’re nice info for reference, that’s it.

Ok, you’re right.
Lesnar should get the title shot.

Back