Randy Couture: Lesnar title shot "begs the question, what’s going on?"

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
“Well, you know, they want to tout their USADA and all their strict rules for drug testing, but somehow this guy managed to get through and still managed to fail a test but still compete,” Couture told Submission Radio. “Which begs the question, what’s going on?

“Obviously, the rankings and all of that stuff, they manipulate that however they want anyway. Whatever makes business sense to them is all that really matters. They don’t care about the fighters. They don’t care about those rankings.

“You know, lots of guys have jumped queue. It’s certainly not based on merit. So, that’s nothing new. I’m not surprised.” he continued. “He’s a huge draw. I mean, at the end of the day that’s the business of it. It’s about selling pay-per-views. Certainly, DC is the champ and rightly so, they’re gonna put him in there with a guy like DC and that’s gonna draw huge pay-per-view numbers. So, that’s what it boils down to for them.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11...fc-doesnt-care-about-fighters-or-rankings-mma

randy-couture-brock-lesnar.jpg

“The Natural” commenting on ped usage. That’s rich.

Randy Couture... the guy who jumped the line & got a title shot at HW, after losing two fights in a row at HW. Solely because of his star power at the time. Please, tell us more about what’s fair.

<{cruzshake}>

Randy can comment on the bogus USADA stuff I guess, since he never popped BITD, but I have to laugh at him even discussing people jumping the queue. Come on Randy, don't be a black kettle.

Rankings are a guide to keep an eye on who’s doing well in a division and make interesting matchups, not a bloody concrete ladder to get to the title.

If a fighter has to work their way all the way up the top 10 to get a title shot, who the fuck they gonna fight when they get the belt? All challengers gonna be folk the champ has already beat? It’s fucking stupid people get passionate about rankings.

They’re nice info for reference, that’s it.

Thats rich coming from him. I remember when Randy got his ass whopped against Barnett and Ricco, and for those 2 losses he got a LHW title shot with Chuck.

Also Randy might be out of the loop, but the HW division in UFC is awful and there is no one else to fight, the only guy that comes to mind is Blaydes, but he was already booked in a fight.

“Obviously, the rankings and all of that stuff, they manipulate that however they want anyway. Whatever makes business sense to them is all that really matters. They don’t care about the fighters. They don’t care about those rankings."
And that's the fucking truth

Randy Couture... the guy who jumped the line & got a title shot at HW, after losing two fights in a row at HW. Solely because of his star power at the time. Please, tell us more about what’s fair.

<{cruzshake}>
You shut your whore mouth!

LOL people are legit shitting on one of the greatest legends of the sport just to defend their crappy corrupt UFC's dignity. You guys are white knights for a multi billion dollar organization lol. Sad.

Wow. Who woulda thought randy couture is so insightful?

Last edited:
“Well, you know, they want to tout their USADA and all their strict rules for drug testing, but somehow this guy managed to get through and still managed to fail a test but still compete,” Couture told Submission Radio. “Which begs the question, what’s going on?

“Obviously, the rankings and all of that stuff, they manipulate that however they want anyway. Whatever makes business sense to them is all that really matters. They don’t care about the fighters. They don’t care about those rankings.

“You know, lots of guys have jumped queue. It’s certainly not based on merit. So, that’s nothing new. I’m not surprised.” he continued. “He’s a huge draw. I mean, at the end of the day that’s the business of it. It’s about selling pay-per-views. Certainly, DC is the champ and rightly so, they’re gonna put him in there with a guy like DC and that’s gonna draw huge pay-per-view numbers. So, that’s what it boils down to for them.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11...fc-doesnt-care-about-fighters-or-rankings-mma

randy-couture-brock-lesnar.jpg
I mean he has a point. But it's hypocritical. However ultimately fight not going to happen. Vince ain't gonna allow it. He is dependent on brick now. Keeping company afloat. Hunt deserves rematch anyway to punch prices forehead.

<{cruzshake}>

Not to mention, he called out the UFC in a personal press conference before that about how they were unfair then got the shot with Tim. It's true the UFC isnt fair but Randy was a hypocrite as well.

He is right though.

LOL people are legit shitting on one of the greatest legends of the sport just to defend their crappy corrupt UFC's dignity. You guys are white knights for a multi billion dollar organization lol. Sad.
Um, no. They are shitting on one of the greatest legends of the sport because he's bitching about someone else getting the same preferential gift title shot that he himself got, for the very same reasons, only Randy got them in 2 different weight classes.

<{cruzshake}>
Hey P&J, long time no see, hows life treating ya?

Um, no. They are shitting on one of the greatest legends of the sport because he's bitching about someone else getting the same preferential gift title shot that he himself got, for the very same reasons, only Randy got them in 2 different weight classes.

Randy got the shots because he was a legend and there was no one else to challenge for the titles at the time but him.

Brock is a roided up embarrassment to the sport and anyone who supports him is bad for the sport.

It just shows how desperate WME is for any kind of immediate, short-term gain.

Back