Rampage's slam on Bader illegal?

Yeah I agree bro,

But every-time i watch that, its the headbutt that makes me wince.

Yes, the slam is bad but the collision of skulls is savage. I always believed Arona's account of this. No reason to lie about it, really.

How about these two fights? The first fighter named was the one doing the dropping.

Alan Belcher vs Patrick Cote

Nate Marquardt vs Thales Leites

8x3cia.gif

Bader tried to post mid slam, and adjusted the trajectory of the slam. Not rampages fault.

It's almost impossible to hit an actual spike piledriver in a fight. There will always be some degree of angle, which is all you need. That being said that slam does look very, very close.

Alan Belcher slamming Patrick Cote was the iellgal kind
Still got the win tho. Not sure I've ever seen it called

Why are we talking about a fight that happened 7 years ago?

Rampage vs Bader = legal
Not 12-6 but close. 11:45-6:15 slams are ok.

Rampage Arona = legal
* in a submission attempt. Per big John McCarthy any slam is legal if the person being slammed is attempting a sub

Randleman vs Fedor = borderline but probably legal as I understand it.

A) not on the top of head, aka not exactly 12-6
B) Fedor has a kimura grip which he doesn't release

Basically to be illegal I think it would have to be a piledriver where the person being slammed is being forced into a precise 12-6 slam and their body posture is being controlled by their opponent
It’s not so much the angle (6-12 for example), but if the throw has an arc. Randleman on Fedor would be perfectly legal. Also Fedor is trying to break Randleman’s grip, I don’t see a kimura there. Still legal.

Rampage on Bader is a suspect, I’d like to see what BJM thinks (maybe someone already asked him about that).

Legal it's not an intentional spike to the head. Whatsmore Bader's arm hit the ground first.

Sure but he had mania from drinking too many energy drinks and thought he was god, so the charges were dropped

Rampage vs Bader = legal

Rampage Arona = legal
* in a submission attempt. Per big John McCarthy any slam is legal if the person being slammed is attempting a sub

Basically to be illegal I think it would have to be a piledriver where the person being slammed is being forced into a precise 12-6 slam and their body posture is being controlled by their opponent
Fedor does not have a kimura on randleman at all.

That’s what Arona always said, it was the heabutt that knocked him out, not the slam. I’m not sure I ever bought that, I thought he was out when his head hit the deck, but he definitely got hit with Rampage’s not inconsiderable head as well.
I doubt hed even know tbh . Jacksons head hits arona like a millisecond after aronas head hit the canvas

The Rampage slam is borderline but it still looks to have an arch to it and Bader could easily prevent his the top of his head from hitting the mat just by tucking his head, the only reason Bader landed the way he did was cause he tried to post instead of tucking his head. The Randleplex is 100% legal it has a very obvious arch.

Rampage vs Bader = legal

Rampage Arona = legal

Pretty much, it has to be like Marquardt vs Leites

UFC85_Marquardt-Leites-5.gif

Had no idea there was even some lame rule about spiking an opponent on their head until the Rose Andrade fight recently. Was Rampage's slam on Bader illegal then? Because I don't recall anyone saying anything about it

If that's not spiking someone on their head, then I don't know what is

The greatest slams in MMA history are they illegal by UFC rules?

Head spiking has a very clear definition in the rule book. Neither of those are head spiking.

"6. Spiking the opponent to the canvas onto the head or neck (pile-driving): A pile driver is considered to be any throw where you control your opponent's body placing his feet towards the sky with his head straight down and then forcibly drive your opponents head into the canvas or flooring material. It should be noted when a fighter is placed into a submission hold by their opponent, if that fighter is capable of elevating their opponent they may bring that opponent down in any fashion they desire because they are not in control of their opponent’s body. The fighter who is attempting the submission can either adjust their position, or let go of their hold before being slammed to the canvas."

https://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/unified_rules_fouls_rev0816.pdf

Rampage doesn't look to be trying to slam Bader on his head, the reason that happens is cause instead of tucking his head when he's already in the air Bader tries to post on his hand.

"It WaS a HeAdBuTT tHaT Ko'D HiM"

Yeah, him being slammed on to the back of his head from about 7 feet high had nothing to do with it. Long time cry baby Arona said that shit, but it doesn't make it true

Back