Crime Rampage in Nottingham: 3 dead, 3 injured

650lb Sumo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-65893694
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...error-attack-stabbing-van-police-pedestrians/
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65890403
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/22687187/nottingham-tragedy-attacker-mental-health-lone-wolf/

The articles I have seen are really confusingly written so here is my summary:

A 31 year old black man, dressed all in black, stabbed dead two 19 year old students, one male and female, at 4am in Nottingham today (Tuesday 13th). He then moved to another part of the city and stabbed a 65 year old man dead and stole his van. At 5:30am he then deliberately ran over three people. They were taken to hospital. One was critically injured and the other two have minor injuries. The attacker was arrested.

The suspect is a foreign national suspected to have a history of mental health problems. It is understood the dreadlocked suspect from West Africa has legal permission to stay in Britain and had been settled here for several years. He does not have a criminal record and is not thought to have been on the radar of MI5 or counter-terror police.

More Details

It took a bit of time to compile the following because different articles either omitted details or jumped back and forth in time.

999.png

First Attack

They were two friends on a night out, celebrating the end of their exams.

On Tuesday at 4am, the students, both 19, and both from the University of Nottingham, were attacked in the street, slashed and stabbed by a knifeman dressed all in black.

The male victim was later named as Barnaby Webber, the female named locally as Grace O'Malley-Kumar.

_130082717_2e227706f5ddd33b2f8b7946403c5c2ff6868686-2.jpg.webp

Barnaby Webber

0_Grace-Kumar.jpg

Grace O'Malley-Kumar

Webber was a talented cricketer who played for Bishops Hull, in Somerset, and Nottingham University. O'Malley-Kumar was a talented hockey player who played for Southgate in London and the England team for her age group. She was studying medicine.

The two students had been out for the night at the end of the summer term, according to friends, at the local club Pryzm, a 30-minute walk from where they would be set upon in Ilkeston Road, one of the busy roads out of the city and close to the university’s campus.

0_NEP_TEM_050820Pryzm_002JPG.jpg

Pryzm

A witness told on Tuesday of his alarm as he watched the stabbings from his bedroom window. “Being a hot night, I had the window open and I just heard some awful, blood-curdling screams,” said the resident, who wished to remain anonymous...

“I looked out of the window and saw a black guy dressed all in black with a hood and rucksack grappling with some people. It was a girl, and a man or boy she was with – they looked quite young.

“She was screaming ‘Help!’ I just wish I’d shouted something out of the window to unnerve the assailant.

“I saw him stab the lad first and then the woman. It was repeated stabbing – four or five times. The lad collapsed in the middle of the road.

“The girl stumbled towards a house and didn’t move. The next minute she had disappeared down the side of a house, and that’s where they found her.”

What happened next remains unclear.

Third Murder and Van Attack

For the next hour and a half as police launched a frantic manhunt, the suspect continued his rampage, driving a white Vauxhall Vivaro van through the city in pursuit of more victims.

856369-drive-various2.png

Vauxhall Vivaro

Two miles from the first attack another person was killed. Neighbours heard a loud noise as if a bomb had gone off while passersby found a 65 year old man in the street dying from what they said appeared to be multiple stab wounds.

His van had been stolen by the assailant.

Shortly afterwards three people were mown down in Nottingham city centre, their “only crime”, said the council’s leader, “was to be waiting at a bus stop early in the morning”.

It is thought that shortly after the murder in Magdala Road, the van was driven to the city centre.

In and around Milton Street, little more than a five-minute drive from Magdala Road, the van was spotted by a police car. The driver, having seen the police car in his mirror, then accelerated into passersby waiting at a bus stop. The three people were taken to hospital - one critically injured and the other two with minor injuries.

Arrest and Investigation

Armed police surrounded the van – people thought they even heard gunshots as the man was dragged from the vehicle and handcuffed.

TELEMMGLPICT000339188041_16866645473080_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq-h6SfYaJRHTgGr2QLG-hIkgS7S-ukhk48w-_KmtyACY.jpeg

Police said the investigation was in its early stages and they needed to work out the motive behind the attacks.

They said they were keeping an "open mind" and working alongside counter-terrorism police, as would normally be the case for an incident like this.

One man, arrested on suspicion of murder, remains in custody.

No other arrests have been made and the police said they were not looking for anyone else.

Police searched a number of addresses across the city throughout the day.

Around lunchtime, armed officers raided a property in Ilkeston Road, the street where two people were earlier found dead.

2_Nottingham-city-centre-incident.jpg

Vigil at St. Peter's Church, Nottingham

Edit: Update
Update Two
Update Three
Update Four
Update Five

Update Six
Update Seven
Update Eight
Update Nine

Last edited:
He'll be out, free on bail, today per "Sanctuary" city reasoning.

Instead of playing the identity bingo that's sure to follow I'll just say RIP and make a smartass comment.

Where's a Polish guy with a narwhal tusk when you need one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-65893694
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...error-attack-stabbing-van-police-pedestrians/
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65890403
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/22687187/nottingham-tragedy-attacker-mental-health-lone-wolf/

The articles I have seen are really confusingly written so here is my summary:

A 31 year old black man, dressed all in black, stabbed dead two 19 year old students, one male and female, at 4am in Nottingham today (Tuesday 13th). He then moved to another part of the city and stabbed a man in his 50s dead and stole his van. At 5:30am he then deliberately ran over three people, seriously injuring them. He was arrested.

The suspect is a foreign national suspected to have a history of mental health problems. It is understood the dreadlocked suspect from West Africa has legal permission to stay in Britain and had been settled here for several years. He does not have a criminal record and is not thought to have been on the radar of MI5 or counter-terror police.

More Details

It took a bit of time to compile the following because different articles either omitted details or jumped back and forth in time.

999.png

First Attack

They were two friends on a night out, celebrating the end of their exams.

On Tuesday at 4am, the students, both 19, and both from the University of Nottingham, were attacked in the street, slashed and stabbed by a knifeman dressed all in black.

The male victim was later named as Barnaby Webber, the female named locally as Grace Kumar.

_130082717_2e227706f5ddd33b2f8b7946403c5c2ff6868686-2.jpg.webp

Barnaby Webber

0_Grace-Kumar.jpg

Grace Kumar

Webber was a talented cricketer who played for Bishops Hull, in Somerset, and Nottingham University. Kumar was a talented hockey player who played for Southgate in London and the England team for her age group.

The two students had been out for the night at the end of the summer term, according to friends, at the local club Pryzm, a 30-minute walk from where they would be set upon in Ilkeston Road, one of the busy roads out of the city and close to the university’s campus.

0_NEP_TEM_050820Pryzm_002JPG.jpg

Pryzm

A witness told on Tuesday of his alarm as he watched the stabbings from his bedroom window. “Being a hot night, I had the window open and I just heard some awful, blood-curdling screams,” said the resident, who wished to remain anonymous...

“I looked out of the window and saw a black guy dressed all in black with a hood and rucksack grappling with some people. It was a girl, and a man or boy she was with – they looked quite young.

“She was screaming ‘Help!’ I just wish I’d shouted something out of the window to unnerve the assailant.

“I saw him stab the lad first and then the woman. It was repeated stabbing – four or five times. The lad collapsed in the middle of the road.

“The girl stumbled towards a house and didn’t move. The next minute she had disappeared down the side of a house, and that’s where they found her.”

What happened next remains unclear.

Third Murder and Van Attack

For the next hour and a half as police launched a frantic manhunt, the suspect continued his rampage, driving a white Vauxhall Vivaro van through the city in pursuit of more victims.

856369-drive-various2.png

Vauxhall Vivaro

Two miles from the first attack another person was killed. Neighbours heard a loud noise as if a bomb had gone off while passersby found a man in his 50s in the street dying from what they said appeared to be multiple stab wounds.

His van had been stolen by the assailant.

Shortly afterwards three people were mown down in Nottingham city centre, their “only crime”, said the council’s leader, “was to be waiting at a bus stop early in the morning”.

It is thought that shortly after the murder in Magdala Road, the van was driven to the city centre.

In and around Milton Street, little more than a five-minute drive from Magdala Road, the van was spotted by a police car. The driver, having seen the police car in his mirror, then accelerated into passersby waiting at a bus stop. [The three people were taken to hospital.]

Arrest and Investigation

Armed police surrounded the van – people thought they even heard gunshots as the man was dragged from the vehicle and handcuffed.

TELEMMGLPICT000339188041_16866645473080_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq-h6SfYaJRHTgGr2QLG-hIkgS7S-ukhk48w-_KmtyACY.jpeg

Police said the investigation was in its early stages and they needed to work out the motive behind the attacks.

They said they were keeping an "open mind" and working alongside counter-terrorism police, as would normally be the case for an incident like this.

One man, arrested on suspicion of murder, remains in custody.

No other arrests have been made and the police said they were not looking for anyone else.

Police searched a number of addresses across the city throughout the day.

Around lunchtime, armed officers raided a property in Ilkeston Road, the street where two people were earlier found dead.

2_Nottingham-city-centre-incident.jpg

Vigil at St. Peter's Church, Nottingham

This is a better and more comprehensive article than I've seen from real media.

It makes me really fucking angry.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, absolute waste of life and hope and promise.

I'm not sure what the motive was, or why this happened, but the pond life that committed these atrocities isn't worth a prison cell in my mind.

That was the worst made door to ever be made.
Yeah I remember watching that episode when it aired. He was very clearly acting and not mad at all

Reactions: LMP
I hope they get the bastard and make him suffer. That is a terrible way to leave this world

RIP the victims. Condolences to their families and friends. Such an utterly tragic waste of lives and potential.

It's looking at the moment that this is more likely to be a psychotic episode rather than a terror attack, although that is still to be confirmed. None of which changes the outcome: three lives cut short, three families in mourning.

Heart breaking.

RIP the victims. Condolences to their families and friends. Such an utterly tragic waste of lives and potential.

It's looking at the moment that this is more likely to be a psychotic episode rather than a terror attack, although that is still to be confirmed. None of which changes the outcome: three lives cut short, three families in mourning.

Heart breaking.

The mental breakdown thing does look more likely , the time of day seemed wrong for a terrorist attack .

The mental breakdown thing does look more likely , the time of day seemed wrong for a terrorist attack .

Exactly. It's not a time of day when there would be a lot of potential victims around. Also, he stole the van he used in his attack after knifing the owner to death. Most terror attacks of this sort begin with a vehicle the terrorist has already stolen or hired. They only switch to knives when the vehicle has been disabled. This shitbag did things in reverse.

Back