Rampage has lost four of his last five fights

glover is the hungrier fighter and will make it 5/6.

and i'll be there to see it in person. :D

Not-so-subtle hidden hate OP?
Well, in that case Edgar hasn't lost two in a row against Bendo, he's won. So he's actually facing Aldo as the LW champion

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo almost knocked out rampage was no where near almost knocked out and hasn't been since shogun.

This, he's been rocked a few times sure, but close to being out? Nope, not once in the UFC. Also lets not forget that Rampage countered and clipped Machida during that blitz, which probably rocked Machida and caused him to clinch up with Rampage. Hater gonna hate.

Not-so-subtle hidden hate OP?
Well, in that case Edgar hasn't lost two in a row against Bendo, he's won. So he's actually facing Aldo as the LW champion

Sweeeeet, champ vs. champ!!

Of course, according to my earlier logic, which is based off of TS logic...

I don't think Glover should even be in this fight, considering Rampage is still the champion.

Well, I don't think a loss should really count if you lose to Jon Jones, the champ.

And since he won against Machida...

I guess that really makes him losing 2 of his last five.

Oh, and he was blatantly injured in the Bader fight, so that one doesn't really count either.

So 1 of his last five.

Now that I think about it, he did the movie and had a long layoff before the Rashad fight, so that one shouldn't count either.

And I believe he should've gotten the decision in the Forrest fight..

My boy is undefeated.

You forget also. He avenged the Wand losses, so they're technically wins now too. Goat.

You forget also. He avenged the Wand losses, so they're technically wins now too. Goat.

I didn't even think about that. So the first Eastman fight doesn't count, and he beat Machida and Shogun went 1-1 against Machida...so that fight doesn't count either.

"His gift decision against Machida"

Even though Machida did absolutely nothing for the first ten minutes of that fight.

"His gift decision against Machida"

Even though Machida did absolutely nothing for the first ten minutes of that fight.

exactly.

Machida did nothing in that fight except that flurry at the end. He lost the first two rounds and won the last one.

He still has some great hands

If he can transport them back to 2008 and earlier.

He's been doing more damage to air molecules than to his opponents faces in recent fights (see Machida, Jones and Bader fights in particular).

If he can transport them back to 2008 and earlier.

He's been doing more damage to air molecules than to his opponents faces in recent fights (see Machida, Jones and Bader fights in particular).

Machida and Jones both stayed as far away from him as possible. You have these thing about coming into every Rampage thread talking about him swinging at air. Jackson is the ONLY fighter who's opponent can center an entire game plan around staying as far away from him as possible, and it's Jacksons fault. If someone came and ran away from Jones (the way he did against Rampage) that person would be belittled every day on this site and used as evidence that Jones is the greatest of all time. They come in and run from Rampage and it's "Well he needs to learn to stop them from doing it"

Hasn't been good in 5 years? It is still early 2013 & in 2007 he won the LHW Championship and unified the PRIDE/UFC belts. Rampage was a great fighter up until he left for hollywood. He was never the same after that.

I do believe he should have lost the Machida fight but I also believe Machida should have lost the Shogun fight. Karma's a bitch.

As much as I want Rampage to win on Saturday and go out with a BANG, I just don't see it happening. Who knows, maybe Rampage catches Glover but other then that I see Glover using his grappling to control & dominate Rampage for an UD.

Even still its a shame to see such a great fighter receive so much disrespect. Yes he's very immature and he whines constantly but he's also a PRIDE legend, an UFC future HOF'er and one of the best LHW's in MMA history. Can you name another fighter who holds wins over Wanderlei, Liddell, Hendo & Machida? I thought so.

I'm not a huge fan of Rampage recently or possibly ever, but the Machida fight was very close.

Only thing I like about Rampage recently are his candid interviews with Ariel. Then he goes off on Twitter and I get bothered again.

I'm not a huge fan of Rampage recently or possibly ever, but the Machida fight was very close.

Only thing I like about Rampage recently are his candid interviews with Ariel. Then he goes off on Twitter and I get bothered again.

You should see his twitter the last few months. It'd bore you more than anything else. Just inspirational quotes and what not. Although he did post a pic of the shoes Reebok made for him, I'd rock em.

Machida is 2-3 in his last five and his two wins are against 50 year old Couture and a mid tier guy in Bader. Shogun is 2-3 as well....
Lhw is a shark tank. Only Jones stands way above the rest.

This. LHW is still stacked with top tier talent, it's just that the records don't show it. It makes Jones' accomplishments stand out that much more IMO.

This. LHW is still stacked with top tier talent, it's just that the records don't show it. It makes Jones' accomplishments stand out that much more IMO.

Theres no super stars or legends or what have you, in line for anything great. I mean, obviously Machida and Hendo are kind of there, even though Machida's already lost to him. Every one is pulling for new guys to do something. Glover beat up Kyle Kingsbury and Fabio Maldonado and now he's going to Walk through Rampage on the path to being a champion.

Gustaf is the same way, but atleast has a few good fights under his belt. He got Anaconda'd by Phil Davis and beat up a long list of ok guys, a good win over Shogun and he's the next big thing.

I think "shark tank" may be the best description possible.

Back