Rampage: "Glover is too cowardly to try and stand with me"

"I haven't been slamming people in a while," he said. "I want to get back to slamming people and I want to be more unpredictable. That's what's got me this far, I was unpredictable back in the day. When I work on something and I find a love for something, I stick to it. So I was trying to box people and knock everybody out. Now I'm working on everything - I'm not just sticking to one thing. I want to be the Ultimate Fighter, the guy who can do everything - like GSP, baby."

-Quinton "Rampage" Jackson tells UFC.com that he'd like to be more unpredictable and work on being a more complete MMA fighter like Georges St. Pierre.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Rampage-wants-to-be-like-GSP.html

anyone remember when rampage claimed he wanted to be the best at all aspects of MMA "like GSP baby!!!" I'm pretty sure he said. Probably realised he would have to try to achieve that goal and gave up

Nah, he realized he would have to turn himself into a boring fighter to achieve that goal, that's why he chose not to sell his soul to win by any means to get the "W".

"I haven't been slamming people in a while," he said. "I want to get back to slamming people and I want to be more unpredictable. That's what's got me this far, I was unpredictable back in the day. When I work on something and I find a love for something, I stick to it. So I was trying to box people and knock everybody out. Now I'm working on everything - I'm not just sticking to one thing. I want to be the Ultimate Fighter, the guy who can do everything - like GSP, baby."

-Quinton "Rampage" Jackson tells UFC.com that he'd like to be more unpredictable and work on being a more complete MMA fighter like Georges St. Pierre.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Rampage-wants-to-be-like-GSP.html

I guess we'll see the weekend after next. He did slam Bader with a bum knee so that was cool to see. I don't think he'd ever be like GSP or JBJ and at this point of his career I wouldn't ask him to be. I'd like to see some damn leg kicks, clinch work, TD's and GnP though. It's what he is good at anyway, and we know he's not getting triangled or arm-barred.

Love all this bullshit hate just because Rampage is trying to goad Glover to the one place they know he can't go against Jackson. Hate on, bitches!

Last edited:
I guess we'll see the weekend after next. He did slam Bader with a bum knee so that was cool to see. I don't think he'd ever be like GSP or JBJ and at this point of his career I wouldn't ask him to be. I'd like to see some damn leg kicks, clinch work, TD's and GnP though. It's what he is good at anyway, and we know he's not getting triangled or arm-barred.

this statement was a while ago now. pretty sure he abandoned that ambition

this statement was a while ago now. pretty sure he abandoned that ambition

He also said something similar leading up to the Bader fight I believe as well... Hell he always says it except this time with Tex.

I'd say Teixeira considering he is the only non American...

Cowboy is the only one with 30+ firearms. That's all I was getting at.

120px-Transparent_Trollface2.png

Glover isn't really a wrestler, though he does have a good ground game. And Rampage has good TDD so this should be a stand up fight anyway.

He also said something similar leading up to the Bader fight I believe as well... Hell he always says it except this time with Tex.

wish he would. guy sure new how to put on exiting fights back in the day win or lose.

It just didn't make any sense... I know what you were trying to go for but it doesn't work. Rampage isn't out there saying "I'm going to submit this dude" so why the fuck would he pull guard and play into his opponents strengths?

Did Glover say "I'm gonna outbox Rampage and never shoot for a takedown"? No, Jackson is just throwing around accusation of cowardice to bait Glover into playing into his strengths and abandoning the takedown.

It's no different than Glover saying Rampage doesn't have the balls to pull guard and play into Glover's vicious ground and pound game by working off his back.

I have really lost interest in Rampage. I use to love this guy, but every time he fights it's the same thing - Oh, he's a boring fighter, I don't want to have boring fights. Oh, he's too scared to stand with me. Oh, these guys are point fighters. Blah, blah, blah.

Rampage vs JDS needs to be made. Probably the only guaranteed stand up fight he would get.

Did Glover say "I'm gonna outbox Rampage and never shoot for a takedown"? No, Jackson is just throwing around accusation of cowardice to bait Glover into playing into his strengths and abandoning the takedown.

It's no different than Glover saying Rampage doesn't have the balls to pull guard and play into Glover's vicious ground and pound game by working off his back.

Lol... I see you just don't know wtf you're talking about.

Fighting him (Jackson) is great because he is a, you know, and idol of this sport. I am training hard man, I am going to knock him out.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ixeira-promises-to-ko-quinton-rampage-jackson

"I still like to watch him fight. I'm just going to go over there and take care of business. I'm going to go over there and put on a great fight for the fans and try to knock him out."

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2013/0101/552400/quinton-rampage-jackson/

For all we know Tex will stand and bang, I highly doubt it. But at least you now know where Rampage is coming from. I don't care what the fighters say it's Rampage's fault for not being ready for a MMA fight. He knows what sport he is in and doesn't want to evolve. Hopefully we'll see different Quinton on the 26th but I'm not holding my breathe.

Lol... I see you just don't know wtf you're talking about.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ixeira-promises-to-ko-quinton-rampage-jackson

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2013/0101/552400/quinton-rampage-jackson/

For all we know Tex will stand and bang, I highly doubt it. But at least you now know where Rampage is coming from. I don't care what the fighters say it's Rampage's fault for not being ready for a MMA fight. He knows what sport he is in and doesn't want to evolve. Hopefully we'll see different Quinton on the 26th but I'm not holding my breathe.

So you're saying that KOs only happen on the feet? or are you just inferring that what you wanted to hear was said?

I better tell a slew people that their KO's don't count due to GNP.

Back