Raider Nation v28: Gruden’s Grinders

Fundamentals are nice. Fresh face LBs and DBs looking solid so far. Granted theyre playing cans and pretend football lol. Last year still gets roasted in preseason.

Very pleased with the product I'm seeing on the field especially when you look at years past you see guys missing assignments,and looking generally lost out on the field. I know it's preseason but I'm very happy.

Also the overall player development is better and visible especially linebackers and pass rush.You see Marquel Lee for example under former regime he looked lost with spurts of potential,now you are seeing him push to regain the starting spot and flourishing.

Same with the secondary

Gruden just said starters will play into the second quarter.

It's going to be awesome seeing a more extended look at the starters. It's great cuz this year I'm just as hyped on the defense as I am the offense.honestly not sure which I'm looking forward to more.

But WE NEED TO FUCKING PAY MACK!!!!!

sooner we get him in camp under guenther gelling with teammates the better.

This season feels like it's going to be a disaster

No last season had that feeling.

Everyone I talked to was saying how raiders were super bowl bound and blah blah blah ......im a realistic fan I knew we won alot of games late coming from behind and percentage wise those won a are 50/50 we weren't dominantly killing teams we were holding them close and hoping for a last minute takeover........i knew we'd fail last year unfortunately lol.

This year I'm very excited.

Carr is regaining pro bowler form with gruden and staff and the overall offense is a step up with the addition of better players and MUCH BETTER coaches.

The defense will be the best we've seen in years under guenther we can already see player development coming along and he's a master at getting to the QB.

Plus our schedule is tough but easier then in previous years.Raiders won't be undefeated but a winning record and playoffs aren't out of reach.

It's going to be awesome seeing a more extended look at the starters. It's great cuz this year I'm just as hyped on the defense as I am the offense.honestly not sure which I'm looking forward to more.

But WE NEED TO FUCKING PAY MACK!!!!!

sooner we get him in camp under guenther gelling with teammates the better.
Itll be fine.

Like I said in the NFL thread, if they just went out and paid him some record breaking deal everyone would bitch about crippling the teams future. They play hardball with a guy still under contract and everyone bitches that they arent paying him.

Pleased with the DRC pick up. Very good depth at CB.

Pleased with the DRC pick up. Very good depth at CB.

They'll need it. Potential injury prone bust plus an alchi with a potential suspension looming. They'll need all the help they can get

They'll need it. Potential injury prone bust plus an alchi with a potential suspension looming. They'll need all the help they can get
Indeed. Im looking forward to seeing Conley and Melvin, and Joseph with actual CBs.

Yheres no suspension coming that's BS talk

Obi waived.

Wow. Just wow. Bad sign for the kid’s hip.

Obi was a pick i was super excited about so I'm pretty disappointed. If the reports are true about most questioning if he really liked football then I guess that plus the injuries made it easier to cut ties for the staff.

Obi was a pick i was super excited about so I'm pretty disappointed. If the reports are true about most questioning if he really liked football then I guess that plus the injuries made it easier to cut ties for the staff.
Yep. Just bad luck with that one. He had no injury history.

I hope we get a look at Dougie Fresh tonight. Id like to see something other than just constant camp talk of how good hes performed.

Penn at RT is not the answer apparently lol.

Penn might as well have roller skates on he can't hold his ground....

I think part of the reason gruden pulled carr he saw the pressure......no chance getting Carr hurt.

Martin has done nothing.......

Jones-drew agsin?

Back