Rafael Natal vs Robert Whittaker at UFC 197

chitoortiz

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/rafael-natal-meets-robert-whittaker-at-ufc-197#

A middleweight matchup between Brazilian Rafael Natal and Australian Robert Whittaker is the latest addition to April’s UFC 197 event.

MMAjunkie today confirmed with multiple people with knowledge of the contest that both fighters have verbally agreed to the contest and bout agreements have been distributed. UFC officials are expected to make an announcement shortly.

Whittaker is currently ranked No. 12 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA middleweight rankings.

Featuring a pair of championship matchups with Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones and Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo, UFC 197 takes place April 23 at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena. The night’s main card airs on pay-per-view.

Natal (21-6-1 MMA, 9-4-1 UFC) has been competing in the UFC since 2010 but is currently on the best run of his octagon stretch, as he earned four consecutive wins after notching victories over Kevin Casey, Uriah Hall, Tom Watson and Chris Camozzi.

Meanwhile, Whittaker (15-4 MMA, 6-2 UFC) also boasts a four-fight winning streak, having downed Uriah Hall, Brad Tavares, Clint Hester and Mike Rhodes. The win over Rhodes was contested at welterweight, while the other three all took place at 185 pounds, as Whittaker elected to move up a weight class and is now 3-0 in the middleweight division.

Good fight but Whittaker should KO Natal.

Winner deserves a step up

Whittaker is going to slaughter Natal, and it won't be pretty.

Sweet! I hope Whittaker gets a big step up after this.

nice. both are on good runs. I think whittaker wins

This gives me hope to see Natal starched for his crimes against JBG.

I think Whittaker takes it by sprawl and brawl T/KO.

I was hoping for a Machida type fight for whittaker, hope he slaughters this chump.

Lol Whitaker via brutal KO.

But Natal will probably just run on the outside and hope to survive.

It's a fight whitaker SHOULD win that can make him look really good. i'm happy about the matchup

Cmon whittaker. Expected a better opponent but another highlight reel ko will do.

I haven't seen much of Whitaker but Natal is dreadful, rooting for Whitaker.

I hope Robert take it. If Rafael does you can bet it will most likely be by dull decision.

Weird matchmaking. The UFC clearly wants Natal to lose brutally and for Whittaker to become a star by getting a highlight reel finish.

Retarded fight and why isn't he on the aus card?

Retarded fight and why isn't he on the aus card?

It's a fight night card with Hunt/Mir and Lombard/Magny already?

Also who else should Whittaker face?

Champ Luke vs Weidman
1. Weidman vs Luke-
2. Yoel- getting suspended
3. Jacare vs Vitor
4. Vitor vs Jacare
5. Machida vs Hendo
Mousasi vs Leites
Brunson vs Carneiro

Natal is top 15 and is on a 4 fight win streak.

Only Dollaway and McRory aren't matched up.

Good fight to showcase Whitaker. He destroys Natal

I expect Whittaker will do to Sapo what Kennedy did to Sapo, if not faster.

rip rafael natal
DifficultDependableIberianemeraldlizard.gif
Colton-Smithvs.-Robert-Whittaker-3.gif

Back