Media Rachel Ostovich working it

I'm not gonna read your essays. You follow a sport full of terrible role models. Fighters saying offensive things and acting inappropriately. Fighters beat the crap out of someone and then bring their kid into the octagon to celebrate. But 5 seconds of a hot chick dancing is going to ruin her kid's self esteem. Lol you people are ridiculous.

So you choose to stay ignorant, but still are going to judge what you chose to stay ignorant about. You could probably do better, bud.

Twerking on a kids’ ride to wolf-whistling men, in the presence of your young and impressionable daughter is not my idea of being “sexually desirable” in a way that connotes empowerment.

Is Ostovich sexually desirable? Yes.

But I think you might be missing the point.

Ostovich is anything but empowered.
No, I'm simply not trying to make this a moral issue about how Ostovich should or shouldn't behave. You are free to do so. People love moralizing. In my experience, one of the most frequent angles from which women are judged is feminist theory, with all the concomitant psychobabble about objectification and self-esteem.

If you'd like me to judge Ostovich, I'd simply remark that spending time with your daughter isn't the best time to display overtly sexual behavior. But I reject the notion that a woman trying to present herself as sexually desirous is inherently unempowering or objectifying herself. That line of thought led a lot of otherwise smart feminists into a trap of stupidly opposing sex, particularly in the 1990s, although you can still find traces of it even to this day.

She's mentally strong yes, but that's because of poor decision making skills, especially when it comes to who she dated. Yes after an abusive relationship, those who come out on top are sure to have matured and grown a bit more thicker skin, but that's not the case for every domestic abuse survivor.

You can't train your chin to take a punch the same way you can't teach your brain to deal with Trauma, or your heart to take hurt.

She may be strong on the outside, but I'm sure the abuse she suffered at the hands of her EX are sure to have some lingering psychological effects and trauma that hasn't made it's way to the surface.

And I'm not knocking the hustle, but I just caution that she doesn't make her daughter feel she has to be that way to be valued and successful.
You use the word "success" a lot. Like "I wouldn't call her successful" and speculating whether her parenting will warp what it takes for her daughter to feel successful.
It makes me question the level of success have you achieved in your own life.
I think it's possible you don't feel successful which is why you're projecting your feelings here in the thread.

So you choose to stay ignorant, but still are going to judge what you chose to stay ignorant about. You could probably do better, bud.

Martial arts have an inherent good in them IMO. Yes there are some bad apples but who says that is OK and this woman isn't? Training martial arts and being able to defend oneself or more importantly defend others is a great example to set.

You seem to be arguing for an abandonment for all of the principles that make people good people because some people do bad things. It is a terrible argument.

I heard she cheated. Though I don't know how true that is. How do you know she did nothing wrong or are you just trolling me?

So one moment can confirm she moved on, but it can not confirm she might not be setting the best example for her kid. Seems like there's some lack of logical consistency.
It’s the image she’s putting out there. What tells me she’s somewhat “moved on” is the fact that she didn’t allow her ex to “control” her and she fought when most would of stayed home recovering.This is just additional.
I heard from Brendan Schaub(hardly concrete) that he was jealous because of the male attention she obviously gets aswell as the fact his careers going nowhere, which a lot of abusers do, it’s not the person they want to hurt it’s the fact that they are reflecting all there pain and self loathing onto another. I don’t know their situation so I maybe wrong. I haven’t heard she cheated anywhere

Martial arts have an inherent good in them IMO. Yes there are some bad apples but who says that is OK and this woman isn't? Training martial arts and being able to defend oneself or more importantly defend others is a great example to set.

You seem to be arguing for an abandonment for all of the principles that make people good people because some people do bad things. It is a terrible argument.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion, so I can't comment on it besides by saying that it's an incorrect conclusion.

It’s the image she’s putting out there. What tells me she’s somewhat “moved on” is the fact that she didn’t allow her ex to “control” her and she fought when most would of stayed home recovering.This is just additional.
I heard from Brendan Schaub(hardly concrete) that he was jealous because of the male attention she obviously gets aswell as the fact his careers going nowhere, which a lot of abusers do, it’s not the person they want to hurt it’s the fact that they are reflecting all there pain and self loathing onto another. I don’t know their situation so I maybe wrong. I haven’t heard she cheated anywhere

What who did and what they didn't do is just gossip and hearsay, so I don't think that's too relevant to the discussion.Though it's safe to say that it wasn't a healthy relationship and that means thay it's indeed possible that she has moved on, though I would not conclude that from that single clip. Just like I do not conclude she is setting a bad example from that single clip. But her overall image she is putting out in addition to that clip that has some key factors in it. It's a pattern. Anyway, you could see both of our interpretations in that clip. They aren't mutually exclusive.

You use the word "success" a lot.

confused-reaction-face-gif.gif

you just quoted four paragraphs from them in which they used the word one time.

I haven’t heard she cheated anywhere

Some bitter virgin here made it up and other bitter virgins believed it and spread it. They all imagined their attractive, nonexistent wives they're all entitled to cheating on them and raged pretty hard. It was entertaining and very sad at the same time.

No, I'm simply not trying to make this a moral issue about how Ostovich should or shouldn't behave. You are free to do so. People love moralizing. In my experience, one of the most frequent angles from which women are judged is feminist theory, with all the concomitant psychobabble about objectification and self-esteem.

This sounds like you are dismissing criticism based on two key phrases. Why? Do you not think self-esteem is important or relevant to the discussion or objectification is not relevant?

If you'd like me to judge Ostovich, I'd simply remark that spending time with your daughter isn't the best time to display overtly sexual behavior. But I reject the notion that a woman trying to present herself as sexually desirous is inherently unempowering or objectifying herself. That line of thought led a lot of otherwise smart feminists into a trap of stupidly opposing sex, particularly in the 1990s, although you can still find traces of it even to this day.

It:'s not just presenting herself as sexually desirous. It's to the degree she does it. There should be a balance. That's why those otherwise smart feminists also went into opposing sex, because they didn't see the nuance of balance and went to the extreme of completely opposing sex.

confused-reaction-face-gif.gif

you just quoted four paragraphs from them in which they used the word one time.

Lol, it's all good, the user is allowed to say whatever he wants and make the same assumptions I was making, the difference being, his assumptions aren't grounded by a strong base, and is out of pure virtue signaling, in which I confronted and handled accordingly.

What gives you the right to judge her? It's moral arrogance.

I'm not morally judging her. I never said that. I said I think it's unhealthy. I don't think it's morally wrong.

Back