• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Race to Bodyweight SOHP

So you could press more weight and more reps when strict and seated than with standing and with leg drive? That strikes me as somewhat odd.

Why? When you're seated and braced against a bench, you can get a shitload of leg drive/extra help, just like you do with the bench press.

Why? When you're seated and braced against a bench, you can get a shitload of leg drive/extra help, just like you do with the bench press.

Therein lies my problem. A) I have never done seated press, so have no experience with it and I guess I didn't really consider the bracing & leg drive aspect. B) My bench is pretty terrible, and I have always found the whole leg drive thing a little difficult to grasp so hard for me to relate to it.

I guess I was assuming a seated strict press would have no leg drive.

Done.
Bw: 83kg
SOHP: 85kg 17/7/15

I'll post a video tomorrow. Otherwise check mah IG.

Some knee flex but I say give it to him.

Also, Flash, sling some of that cockney slang at the end of a training video sometime. When I read your posts I imagine it a certain way.

Well... maybe that'll ruin it

Also, Flash, sling some of that cockney slang at the end of a training video sometime. When I read your posts I imagine it a certain way.

Well... maybe that'll ruin it

Cheers, butty.
To be fair, when I reviewed the video I was a bit concerned about that slight knee flex so I'll leave it to the majority to decide if it counts or not.

I can't put cockney slang at the end of the video because I don't sound like a cockney geeza. I have a welsh accent, so I sound closer to a chavy Tom Jones then I do Jason Statham in Snatch.

I have no idea what the difference would be. Hence my curiosity.

Do the English hate the Welsh?

I have no idea what the difference would be. Hence my curiosity.

Do the English hate the Welsh?

For such a small island, the diversity in accents is immense. It's almost like every city or county will sound different from the next. Perhaps because you're not from here you wouldn't be able to tell what accent is from where. Same can be said if you came over here, we'll know you're either American or Canadian but which one and from what part would be difficult for most.

No I don't think the English hate the Welsh. Do I think the Welsh hate the English? Probably not as much as the Scots or the Irish. It's not hate, our rivalry is only really highlighted in sports. Any 'hate' will be from nationalists, or idiots at a football or rugby match.

Ask me again when Wales play England in the Rubgy World Cup, I'll probably give you a different answer if we lose.

For such a small island, the diversity in accents is immense. It's almost like every city or county will sound different from the next. Perhaps because you're not from here you wouldn't be able to tell what accent is from where. Same can be said if you came over here, we'll know you're either American or Canadian but which one and from what part would be difficult for most.

No I don't think the English hate the Welsh. Do I think the Welsh hate the English? Probably not as much as the Scots or the Irish. It's not hate, our rivalry is only really highlighted in sports. Any 'hate' will be from nationalists, or idiots at a football or rugby match.

Ask me again when Wales play England in the Rubgy World Cup, I'll probably give you a different answer if we lose.

Admittedly, after interacting with the British(and some Scots) in Afghanistan, I've been fascinated by the slang and accents. I can't rightly explain why. Maybe it's because I'm from the South and our accent is part of the culture. I would very much like to travel the width and breadth of the UK solely to experience the varying cultures you've described.

I've intentionally suppressed my accent. It only really comes out when I'm drunk, under fatigue, or using it to pick up girls that are into that(Japan, Spain).

Admittedly, after interacting with the British(and some Scots) in Afghanistan, I've been fascinated by the slang and accents. I can't rightly explain why. Maybe it's because I'm from the South and our accent is part of the culture. I would very much like to travel the width and breadth of the UK solely to experience the varying cultures you've described.

I've intentionally suppressed my accent. It only really comes out when I'm drunk, under fatigue, or using it to pick up girls that are into that(Japan, Spain).

Do you talk like the guys from Duck Dynasty? ya'll sound so 'murican.
This is as close to a Cardiff accent as I can find on YouTube.

Welsh
Scottish
Who gives a shit
nobody speaks your ooga booga language

I always liked the south African accent or when my Swedish girlfriend tried to say you hoo

Do you talk like the guys from Duck Dynasty? ya'll sound so 'murican.
This is as close to a Cardiff accent as I can find on YouTube.

Loved it. Also, that show might be hilarious. From what little I saw.

And no, no most of us do not. In fact I feel like the majority of the South is insulted by that awful PR joke of a clan. Seriously, fuck those clowns. I hope they all fade into obscurity sooner than later.

Our regional accents are more slang oriented. Even a lifelong southerner with an ear for accents mostly relies on key words to identify where people are from.

For instance, in my experience "you'ns"(you all, group of people, you's guys), is indicative of someone being from the countryside of Western North Carolina.

I never understand how people fuck up the "strict" part of a press. You unrack the bar, flex your ass and your quads as hard as you can, and then press. Your knees shouldn't even have the ability to flex at all.

Last edited:
I think the Irish have a very nice accent. It's the only English accent I like better than the midwestern US one I have. They also have some sexy, freckled brunettes, which don't hurt.

For instance, in my experience "you'ns"(you all, group of people, you's guys), is indicative of someone being from the countryside of Western North Carolina.

I have heard they say "yunz guys" in western penn.

I never understand how people fuck up the "strict" part of a press. You unwrapped the bar, flex your ass and your quads as hard as you can, and then press. Your knees shouldn't even have the ability to flex at all.

Fair enough, I didn't realise I flexed my knees until I looked back over the video.

The race continues.

Fix your technique, then, homie.

56107733.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back