• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Race to Bodyweight SOHP

I was at bodyweight or slightly above a while ago. They're racing to it and only taking 10. I'm not in. Still going to chase 2 plates

Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg

Could be a quick race providing you don't gain much weight now.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I'd like to hover around 85kg in bw, so an 85kg SOHP would be nice. I've pressed 85kg before but at 92-93kg bw.

I'll be watching this thread closely. I don't really train it properly at the moment but will start in a month or so.

Haven't yet done a bw OHP but have been close.

I'll be watching this thread closely. I don't really train it properly at the moment but will start in a month or so.

Haven't yet done a bw OHP but have been close.

You can't be far off I should think.

Man reading the numbers here make me feel weak but I give myself a pass because I'm small. Current SOPH is 65kg but I'm around 68kg.
I feel like I would reach or surpass my own bodyweight pretty soon but I cannot seem to go beyond 65kg for the life of me. I've stuck at doing 5 sets of 2 for a while now. Should I increase volume?

Yes. More press volume/frequency is always better.

I managed 70 for 1x3 today that's a new pr for me, I never really pressed at max before but I threw 170 on the bar I'll also add that I have to clean the first rep so I do them from the floor. I got 170x3 which is good for me, I know it's shit for most of hall but it was. Ice to throw a few lbs on the bar and press it.

This is outside. Y normal training I decided to just Try it. Ok so my new max (to me )is 170x3....weighing 206 just now.

I know I'm late to the party and not part of the 10 but I'll post it here anyway. BW 106-110. Press 82.

Should take me about a year I reckon.

If we do this again next year, Im in. For now Ill just follow your progress.

Im at like a 50kg OHP at 67kg bodyweight. Wont happen too soon. Hopefully next year 70kg OHP at 70kg bodyweight is realistic.

I was trying to workout if I had missed something, but no. I guess he wins the race?
Noppe. Just saying if I can do it they can. In fact I think my time line might even be on here. Went from starting these at 155 or so to 215 in about 6 months. So maybe they will have the same experience

Last edited:
Is this race closed already?
Edit: my bad, I counted 9 in the roster and overlooked NurseKnuckles as 10.
Edit edit: oh wait. What?

Last edited:
First 10 is weak!

Although I'm a far cry away. Probably 65lbs: 195/260.

Good luck e everyone.

tested today 65kg @ 80kg (clothes, shoes, hoody)

Ok fuck the limit.
I'm just not able to compile names right now

Back