r/The_Donald banned

I thought they made their own site after they got quarantined on reddit and shit talked off of voat

Trump will lose his fucking mind when they delete his Twitter account.

Should be mildly amusing until the reprisals start.

That will never happen to President Donald Trump.

Sherfronts next you cucks

<JonesLaugh><36><Dany07>
Then you'll never have your feelings hurt by someone disagreeing with you ever again. You can massage each other's dicks and share the videos you take of other men banging your wives.

<LucyBless>

So just don't visit it? Why do you have to go around policing what other people say?
That's what I don't get about the banning of the donald and the other subs getting axed. You have to actively search them out. Maybe just don't go there?

Of course they don't, because it's a losing platform. The ideal punching bag. Why would they want to censor failure?

Point is, the American right in many ways has created the circumstances in which they're slowly being phased out. They have to hold back on their conservative values, which are now regarded as heresy by corporations, or risk being shut down. At every level they've basically lost the cultural/moral battles. Their economic policy is kind of the shits, and doesn't really guarantee populist support in any demographic, increasingly less even with the mega-rich who are more concerned with pandering to the public, rather than getting tax-breaks (since they largely operate out of country anyway).

This is a recipe for failure as I see it. If all you've got to offer as a "conservative", is an unpopular economic policy alongside some neutered "conservative" principles, that you can barely even spell out in public without risking a massive back-lash/loss of your job, chances are that you're not going to be winning many elections once the ancient party-loyalists start dying out.

Keep ignoring it for all I care. It's the younger generations who are going to have to worry about the implications of all this shit anyway, the old-timers will probably find the peace of the grave before worst comes to worst.

I think the right just needs to evolve. Lose the religous/moral positions and stick purely to economics.

When Trump has stuck to the economy, he has done very well.

That's the way forward in my opinion.

Places like reddit banning people does nothing to change their views, they will just be forced to more extreme parts of the internet. The dopey cunts cheering this on are too stupid to realise this is not what they want.

Most of those groups don't have anything to do with conservatism either. They're only on the "right" insofar as they oppose the "left", not because of any actual ideological overlap with policies. The incongruity of their stated positions on free speech, the 2nd Amendment, abortion, the death penalty, etc. should make that apparent. Everywhere that the left is hypocritical, you'll find that these people are equally hypocritical because their positions are expressed as the antithesis of the left, and the antithesis of hypocritical positions is hypocritical positions running in the opposite direction.

The antithesis of hypocrisy would be principled and consistent standards.

No doubt a lot of what we're seeing is a reactionary impulse to the recent push from the left. Part of that, though, is because today's environment barely allows the conversation to occur. We see very little correspondence between the left and the right, particularly among the younger generations, and increasingly it seems that even the internal conversations are not allowed.

How can you possibly shape the impulse into an intellectual response, when you're not even allowed to debate?

The only reason I am even half-way competent at debating my position, is because I went through all the stages on the internet, from the crude, low-level arguments, to gradually building more consistent and factually sound principles. I don't see this as possible for the recent youth because they'll have their nuts cut off at the very beginning. We are acting as if every man is supposed to be a philosopher at the age of 15 or whatever.

We're too overly concerned with steering the conversation and controlling the narrative, without realizing that sometimes you just need to let people fail, fail again, and gradually learn, as they challenge their views against other views. Anything else is an inauthentic process which leads to bitterness and feelings of impotence, on the part of the people who feel like they're being silenced or controlled. It will lead to generations of people who cannot argue their position because A. they are not allowed to debate others (because they hold "unacceptable" views), or B. nobody is allowed to debate against them (because they hold the "accepted" views).

Last edited:
As if the world coundnt get any stranger. Strange, brave new world.

Places like reddit banning people does nothing to change their views, they will just be forced to more extreme parts of the internet. The dopey cunts cheering this on are too stupid to realise this is not what they want.

Reddit doesn't give a fuck about their views or changing them.

They want to monetize their forum through advertisers.

Reddit is crap but the Donald is also crap.

This doesn't affect free speech at all in the grand scheme of things...maybe it will leave some bitterness but that's it.

Reddit is just the consolidation of forums........You should not want to be in that shithole IMO.

The antithesis of hypocrisy would be principled and consistent standards.

No doubt a lot of what we're seeing is a reactionary impulse to the recent push from the left. Part of that, though, is because today's environment barely allows the conversation to occur. We see very little correspondence between the left and the right, particularly among the younger generations, and increasingly it seems that even the internal conversations are not allowed.

How can you possibly shape the impulse into an intellectual response, when you're not even allowed to debate?

The only reason I am even half-way competent at debating my position, is because I went through all the stages on the internet, from the crude, low-level arguments, to gradually building more consistent and factually sound principles. I don't see this as possible for the recent youth because they'll have their nuts cut off at the very beginning. We are acting as if every man is supposed to be a philosopher at the age of 15 or whatever.

We're too overly concerned with steering the conversation and controlling the narrative, without realizing that sometimes you just need to let people fail, fail again, and gradually learn, as they challenge their views against other views. Anything else is an inauthentic process which leads to bitterness and feelings of impotence, on the part of the people who feel like they're being silenced.

This is a very good point. I've flipped between conservative and liberal several times over my life because of internet debates. I definitely look back and some stuff I used to believe/argue and cringe. Its part of the maturity process. If you can't make mistakes, you can't grow.

Back