r/The_Donald banned

If the tables were turned and trump lost by the electoral vote/won by the popular vote, you'd be singing a different tune, let's be real.
no, i wouldnt, because im not a reactionary and therefore have a consistent set of principles.

i know its basically impossible for you to imagine a worldview/ideology that isn't just a reaction to what the other side is doing. mindblowing stuff, i know.

im a leftist populist. i care about the democratic will of the people being represented in the government. the extent that the government isn't enacting the people's will, is the extent that the government is tyrannical and corrupt.

you know that the will of the people being enacted is death sentence for you and your kind:
-you would never have a republican elected president again (outside of a GOP reformation, where the GOP actually starts putting out solid candidates that aren't racist corporatist scum bags)
-universal healthcare would be enacted, because its support is >50%
-pot would be legalized nationwide
-for profit prisons would be dismantled and the national prison population would drop significantly
-the green new deal and a new tidal wave of environmental regulations would be unleashed

basically it would be the Gulags all over again <45>

no, i wouldnt, because im not a reactionary and therefore have a consistent set of principles.

i know its basically impossible for you to imagine a worldview/ideology that isn't just a reaction to what the other side is doing. mindblowing stuff, i know.

im a leftist populist. i care about the democratic will of the people being represented in the government. the extent that the government isn't enacting the people's will, is the extent that the government is tyrannical and corrupt.

you know that the will of the people being enacted is death sentence for you and your kind:
-you would never have a republican elected president again (outside of a GOP reformation, where the GOP actually starts putting out solid candidates that aren't racist corporatist scum bags)
-universal healthcare would be enacted, because its support is >50%
-pot would be legalized nationwide
-for profit prisons would be dismantled and the national prison population would drop significantly
-the green new deal and a new tidal wave of environmental regulations would be unleashed

basically it would be the Gulags all over again <45>
lol sure , bud.

doubtful

lol sure , bud.

doubtful
show me a republican policy that has over 50% support. literally everything your side does, and enacts, is against the majority will of the people. i know you see your side getting savaged in the culture war. mainstream/popular society despises you and your ideas, and you know it. anywhere you spout your backwards ideas in an open format, the majority turns against you. then you come crying to sherdog about how full of "soy" reddit is, or twitter is, because the vast majority of the people are against you

People get posts deleted with warnings and then bans from r/politics regularly for nothing more then supporting conservatives or Trump. Happens all the time. Reddit and Twitch are just the beginning.
Yeah if you come off as anything other than a liberal mentally diseased psycho you'll get banned from the bay area sub reddit. I stopped looking at reddit a long time ago.

No it just turns out that truly right wing ideas are absolutely despised by popular society. Sorry you're so triggered that your political movement is dead in the water and despised by the public.

It's pretty sad if you think about it. You have to wonder how far in society we have fallen when things like liberty, individualism and free market are despise.

It's pretty sad if you think about it. You have to wonder how far in society we have fallen when things like liberty, individualism and free market are despise.
you guys only think and talk about these terms in a one-sided way.

liberty - you're not free when your finances are ruined because you came down with a disease or with cancer. you are not free when a corporation upstream from you dumps industrial waste into your water and makes you and your kids sick. you get the point. liberty and freedom from corporate tyranny and externalities can only arise out of a well regulated economy with a strong safety net

free markets - markets are never free. capital always consolidates more and more power and will create monopolies in the market place. free markets don't produce competition and therefore better products and prices. the opposite is true - truly free markets will rapidly degenerate into monopolies where the consumer is screwed.

"individualism" - everyone acting in their own selfish short term interests is a truly fantastic way to quickly dissolve your civilization as fast as possible and possibly take your planet with it. human beings are naturally social creatures that care about one another. the best interests of the individual is for the group to be well off. when the group is well off, the individual is well off, and vice verse.

Yeah if you come off as anything other than a liberal mentally diseased psycho you'll get banned from the bay area sub reddit. I stopped looking at reddit a long time ago.
I would stop using reddit, but unfortunately reddit is big for mostly non-political subs (even though the mods all drink the cool-aid) that people have no choice to follow (sports/studios/games etc.). Even I have to go there sometimes for some things and the official subs from the corps themselves.

I don't use facebook though, even though the popularity thing also applies there.
He's also wrong about any right wing ideas being absolutely despised by society. Look at Italy elections and anything Eastern European.

This is why they opened their own non-reddit version of The_Donald months ago. They anticipated this ahead of time.

We're using the same definition of conversation. My point was that right wing media is arming their listeners with fabrications. And those listeners then bring those fabrications to the conversation. They believe that they are responding to the legitimate points and concerns of someone else but they don't realize the extent to which their responses diverge from reality.

When you look at the conversations on a Twitter or a Twitch, you're looking at the end stage of the process, not the beginning. Prior to those "conversations", people had dozens if not hundreds of conversations within echo chambers. And that is where they crystallize the positions they bring to the public conversation.

Let's take the WR for a microcosm of this. Many of the stories on the front page are stories that the posters heard elsewhere, discussed elsewhere, formed an opinion on elsewhere and then come here to argue the validity of the point that they concluded elsewhere. If they formed that opinion in a place that reinforced fantastical ideas then they're not going to change it just because they're discussing it on this social media platform. They're going to double down because their first conversation was with people who told them they were right.

We're the end stage of the conversation. It's the initial point that requires significant examination and that's where you find people consuming Alex Jones rants and treating them like valid news/news opinion, instead of the generic entertainment that it is.

You completely misunderstood what I said. I said that people need to accept when they hold the minority position. They don't have to conform to the majority but they should not pretend that they're part of the majority when they're not.

For example - I think people should not place as much emphasis on the equity of their primary residence because it's not real value (for a variety of reasons that are irrelevant to this thread). However, I know that my position is a minority position. Most people don't agree me. I can accept that. I don't and should not pretend that my position is the majority position. Even if I think I'm right, society does not agree with me. So I shouldn't be surprised when society moves in a different direction than I would. That is not a problem with society. That is the inevitability of holding the minority position on societal level issues.

The "how" is being done properly.

Another example: Creationism is now the minority position so we don't teach it in public schools. We don't give it a chapter in the science books. It has been silenced. People who want to teach Creationism can still do it, they can home school, they can send their kids to schools that teach that minority position.

What they don't get to do is force the majority to give their minority position a platform of equal standing to the majority position. If they want that, they'll have to convince enough people to change positions so that they become the new majority position.

You don't prove them wrong by silencing them. You relegate them to irrelevancy by doing so. If they're not going to adopt your position and you're not going to adopt theirs, that's cool. But you don't have to elevate their positions to a level that they don't warrant either.

They can do what the Creationists do and find another space to promote their opinions.
But the echo chamber applies to both left and right. I believe the left is worse in this regard. I'm constantly bombarded by leftist opinion in all forms of media. When I discuss things with friends or family I'm usually bring something they never heard. I constantly get from them, "I never heard of that before." The crazy thing is that they tend to hit me up stuff because they know I'm a right winger and will give a opinion from a perspective they don't get too hear often.

you guys only think and talk about these terms in a one-sided way.

liberty - you're not free when your finances are ruined because you came down with a disease or with cancer. you are not free when a corporation upstream from you dumps industrial waste into your water and makes you and your kids sick. you get the point. liberty and freedom from corporate tyranny and externalities can only arise out of a well regulated economy with a strong safety net

free markets - markets are never free. capital always consolidates more and more power and will create monopolies in the market place. free markets don't produce competition and therefore better products and prices. the opposite is true - truly free markets will rapidly degenerate into monopolies where the consumer is screwed.

"individualism" - everyone acting in their own selfish short term interests is a truly fantastic way to quickly dissolve your civilization as fast as possible and possibly take your planet with it. human beings are naturally social creatures that care about one another. the best interests of the individual is for the group to be well off. when the group is well off, the individual is well off, and vice verse.

Liberty - free to chose how you see fit to live your life. Free to make errors and stand by them and learn. People are clearly never free from the calamity from nature. I believe a company polluting a river where I drink from is infringement of liberty and property.

Free-market: I'm not speaking in a anarchist terms. Regulations and laws in fair trade always apply. The problem comes when regulations are use to keep new people to enter industries or to consolidate through political means. Regulations are used more often to protect corporations from competition.

Individualism: strange how you view this. Individuals seek selfish goals but groups don't?
A group of morally corrupt individuals still makes a group corrupt. Individuals that are self reliant benefit society because they don't creat a burden. More importantly is that yes people are social creatures, but let individual chose who they associate with and how. It's not a hard concept.

Liberty - free to chose how you see fit to live your life. Free to make errors and stand by them and learn. People are clearly never free from the calamity from nature. I believe a company polluting a river where I drink from is infringement of liberty and property.

Free-market: I'm not speaking in a anarchist terms. Regulations and laws in fair trade always apply. The problem comes when regulations are use to keep new people to enter industries or to consolidate through political means. Regulations are used more often to protect corporations from competition.

Individualism: strange how you view this. Individuals seek selfish goals but groups don't?
A group of morally corrupt individuals still makes a group corrupt. Individuals that are self reliant benefit society because they don't creat a burden. More importantly is that yes people are social creatures, but let individual chose who they associate with and how. It's not a hard concept.
Do you not realize the issue here? By definition a group pursuing the group's interests cannot be selfish.

"Selfishness
Selfishness is being concerned excessively or exclusively, for oneself or one's own advantage, pleasure, or welfare, regardless of others."

So yeah, literally by definition a group pursuing the group's interests and well-being cannot be selfish. Selfishness applies to the individual.

show me a republican policy that has over 50% support. literally everything your side does, and enacts, is against the majority will of the people. i know you see your side getting savaged in the culture war. mainstream/popular society despises you and your ideas, and you know it. anywhere you spout your backwards ideas in an open format, the majority turns against you. then you come crying to sherdog about how full of "soy" reddit is, or twitter is, because the vast majority of the people are against you
nice deflection lol

Do you not realize the issue here? By definition a group pursuing the group's interests cannot be selfish.

"Selfishness
Selfishness is being concerned excessively or exclusively, for oneself or one's own advantage, pleasure, or welfare, regardless of others."

So yeah, literally by definition a group pursuing the group's interests and well-being cannot be selfish. Selfishness applies to the individual.
I was thinking of greed when I wrote that. Hence the sentence after that I made the point of groups can be morally corrupt and not necessarily do things in the long run that benefit the group.

I think the problem is that people tend to view individualism as some type of antisocial attitude. It's more in regards to be free to chose on how you live your life. A individual can still pursue to reach goals with others.

I was thinking of greed when I wrote that. Hence the sentence after that I made the point of groups can be morally corrupt and not necessarily do things in the long run that benefit the group.

I think the problem is that people tend to view individualism as some type of antisocial attitude. It's more in regards to be free to chose on how you live your life. A individual can still pursue to reach goals with others.
I'm not against "individualism" in the abstracted theoretical sense that conservatives often point to and romanticize. I am wary, and more or less against, how that abstracted idea plays out in the real world, especially as it applies to a global or national economic system. I am not against the self reliant homesteader buying land and building a self reliant property, not requiring resources from the state for their life. That's totally fine. I am against this principle being applied to billionaires and trans-national corporations.

The personal self-interests of a billionaire are categorically not the same interests as the common working people. Their interests are fundamentally opposed to one another. The billionaire and the corporation want to make as much money as possible, as quickly as possible. Cut corners, lobby for deregulation, cheat the system, lobby for bailouts, cut retirement plans, cut pay, cut healthcare, cut sick leave, cut familial leave, undercut the competition, lobby for systemic advantages over the competition. This is the "individualism" of the billionaire, and of the corporation. Regular working people want more benefits, more time with their family, more pay, more healthcare, more sick leave, more paid leave. This is the "individualism" of workers. Who ultimately has sway over the system and has the ability to enact their individual interests as actual policy? The billionaire and the corporation. Who's "individualism" is ultimately cast aside because they have no power? The workers.

But the echo chamber applies to both left and right. I believe the left is worse in this regard. I'm constantly bombarded by leftist opinion in all forms of media. When I discuss things with friends or family I'm usually bring something they never heard. I constantly get from them, "I never heard of that before." The crazy thing is that they tend to hit me up stuff because they know I'm a right winger and will give a opinion from a perspective they don't get too hear often.
I disagree. I don't know how much talk radio you listen to but I think right wing talk radio is the most misleading, intentionally duplicitous form of political media out there.

I didn't say there wasn't spin or bias in left wing media. There is. But if you compare it to right wing talk radio, it's not even close. Right wing cable news and right wing internet sites are more similar to left wing media in the degree of bias they apply. But I haven't found anything any bad as talk radio. It's a whole other category of bullshit and its reach is exceptionally wide.

That’s fine, when these companies are all at the mercy of government regulations, I’ll be sure not to give two shits.

Boohoo, need some tissues BobGeese? Poor kid.....Cheer up, things will get better.

Normally I would have to believe even the hate fueled left would be concerned over what's happening but I truly believe it's beyond them to feel anything but pure hatred in politics.

LOL, this coming from the right is pure comedy. You guys cant even admit when youre wrong and hypocrisy is what you guys live by. "do as I say, not as I do".

Back