1. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

r/The_Donald banned

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Hadron90, Jun 29, 2020.

1. bobgeese Gold Belt

Yes, about a month after Trumps re-election.

Got to give you lefties some time for your temper tantrum.

S Class, Tropodan and Ûdun Ghuephd like this.
  2. Cuzcatlan Alexis De Tocqueville

To be honest I haven't tune to radio in about a decade. I wasn't talking on who spins more. I'm talking about exposing to the other view points. It's hard too get away from the mass media which leans left in today's world. The average person will never see a right leaning talking point unless he seeks it.

3. panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

First, it's not hard at all. There are dozens of internet sites, the right wing owns talk radio and Fox news is the number cable news channel out there, a few years ago it was bigger than MSNBC and CNN combined. The idea that people can't get away from left wing media is, ironically, a right wing fabrication. Media is everywhere, no one can "get away" from the other side's perspective.

But this does lead to what I think is a real problem. If 7 out of 10 people believe something and 3 out of 10 believe something else, you're going to hear about the position held by the 7 much more often than the position held by the 3. And I think that is a real problem on the right. Some of the more extreme positions are only held by a small percentage of the population but right wing media wants to blast those positions aggressively so that they can differentiate themselves from left wing media. They sacrifice more widely held middle of the road positions for the sake of tv and radio ratings.

This has resulted in lots of their listeners thinking that these extreme positions are the reality or that extreme left positions are the reality when they're not. A great example that shows up on this board is how often we get threads about some random college professor who holds some extreme position and the source is a random right wing media source. Left wing media is not covering the extreme left wing position because they realize it's not sound new but the right wing media is not only covering it but presenting it as if it's the norm. And they do this to justify running their own extremist positions as counter programming to the evil left.

That's my experience. Right wing media pushes extremist positions on the right and then finds extremist positions on the left to justify pushing more extreme right positions in response. Left wing media spins news to the left but they don't push extremist left wing positions as normal. It's a significnat difference to me.

And briefly, you hear right wing positions all of the time, even on the left wing media because they bring on GOP senators and such for interviews, especially the Sunday morning shows. You hear them from the POTUS. Left wing media does a better job of exposing their consumers to mainstream right wing positions than the right wing media does. That's not to say it's perfect or without reproach but it's far better than what you get from their competitors.

4. Milan Purple Belt

I really miss the internet of like 21 years ago.
    Back when we still had hot or not sites for boners and poop.

5. James Bomb Red Belt

Liberty, individualism, and free market are doing just fine, it's the scammy, knockoff conservative versions that are quickly falling out of favor.

6. K1levelgrappler Yellow Card Yellow Card

Noooooo

[​IMG]

Limbo Pete likes this.
  7. James Bomb Red Belt

The Internet will feel this great loss for many generations.

[​IMG]

8. thehighking Black Belt

Reddit:"Oh we totally forgot there was an election coming up, we definitely don't want to influence an election and receive tax breaks in return for propaganda support to billion dollar campaigns"

9. 0_o Green Felt Belt Yellow Card

The likelihood of reddit doing all of it for tax breaks is low compared to the risk of looking like you're harboring white supremacy subs that eventually pull shit like christchurch nz

ocean size likes this.
  10. AgonyandIrony Gold Belt

Im just stoked r/PoliticalCompassMemes didn't get the banhammer. We thought for sure it was going to get the axe.

11. sherdogwantedtonamemekiki Paint thinner smells really good

I have no idea what the trap house threads are, but boy are they popular.

12. Handsome Bruce Magnificent

Why was r/hatecrimehoaxes banned? It seems like it would be rather informative instead of racist.

Bubzeh and Brodels like this.
  13. Hadron90 Brown Belt

I bet ChapoTrapHouse50 gets to stay up.

AgonyandIrony and Brodels like this.
  14. Brodels Low IQ White Devil Oppressor of Blacks

Why in the fuck would they ban r/hatecrimehoaxes ?? Guess they really are afraid of the truth

keepemup and Handsome Bruce like this.
  15. vengeful Brown Belt

I bet you're wrong considering the list was of subreddits that were banned already.

16. Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

If you look at all the subreddits banned, it's mostly a matter of the moderators of those subreddits not enforcing reddit's rules.
    Especially the first two.

Rule 1

Remember the human. Reddit is a place for creating community and belonging, not for attacking marginalized or vulnerable groups of people. Everyone has a right to use Reddit free of harassment, bullying, and threats of violence. Communities and users that incite violence or that promote hate based on identity or vulnerability will be banned.

Rule 2
    Abide by community rules. Post authentic content into communities where you have a personal interest, and do not cheat or engage in content manipulation (including spamming, vote manipulation, ban evasion, or subscriber fraud) or otherwise interfere with or disrupt Reddit communities.

17. weed ベルセルク

it was a joke.

18. vengeful Brown Belt

An incredibly stupid one.

19. Prefect Brown Belt

The_Donald was cesspool. It was a moderators nightmare. Race cat calling and threats of violence. A potential legal mess. There was no discussion aside from it being an echo chamber for just being anti-left. Donald supporters are often without ideology but just take the opposite stance of the left. What does it say when a company who makes it money on internet traffic just wants nothing to do with some traffic?

20. thehighking Black Belt

Oh ok that must be the reason, I'm sure they're not like all the other social media giants like google, facebook and twitter who are all showing Democrat bias.