/r/childfree is perhaps the saddest forum I've ever seen

Where did you come up with that nonsensical, ridiculously sexist theory?
My wife is in her mid 30's & has never wanted children & she's not at all selfish, crazy nor does she have "daddy issues". She's a very successful mental health therapist & a registered dietician who works with girls & women who suffer from eating disorders. So, she's quite fulfilled by her career & our marriage.
Besides, I have three grown kids from my previous relationship & marriage so I don't need to repopulate the planet already than I already have.

Thank you for giving me your wife's biography but you missed the part where I wrote "tend to". So obviously it is not a rule and good for you to have found a good woman. Maybe your wife is fulfilling her maternal instinct with your children? IDK, there are all kinds of individual examples out there.

However it is my anecdotal experience, filled by almost 40 years of life in many countries and talking to a lot of people, etc., that something is usually wrong with women that lack maternal instinct, and usually deciding not to have kids is the biggest manifestation of a lack of a maternal instinct in a woman. Don't ask me for links to studies because there are none, nor post a link to some bullshit studies from some Californian university about women's happiness because I will discard it immediately.

EDIT: just wanted to add that if you do not agree that men and women are wired completely differently when it comes to the topic of children, then I will legit ask you if you are 20 years old or something.

my parents always criticize me for not having kids. I have seen what kids do to people. They suck away happiness. We have a limited time on earth and you should be selfish and enjoy it.

Plus any kid I raised would probably be expelled from kindergarden for telling a girl she is pretty #metoo

Well that is your choice and I encourage you not to have children if that is your belief. But you must have been around sad, sad people to believe the bolded part.

Thank you for giving me your wife's biography but you missed the part where I wrote "tend to". So obviously it is not a rule and good for you to have found a good woman. Maybe your wife is fulfilling her maternal instinct with your children? IDK, there are all kinds of individual examples out there.

However it is my anecdotal experience, filled by almost 40 years of life in many countries and talking to a lot of people, etc., that something is usually wrong with women that lack maternal instinct, and usually deciding not to have kids is the biggest manifestation of a lack of a maternal instinct in a woman. Don't ask me for links to studies because there are none, nor post a link to some bullshit studies from some Californian university about women's happiness because I will discard it immediately.

EDIT: just wanted to add that if you do not agree that men and women are wired completely differently when it comes to the topic of children, then I will legit ask you if you are 20 years old or something.

OK, man. Fair points. My bad for coming down so hard on you in my previous post.
Peace.

Where did you come up with that nonsensical, ridiculously sexist theory?
My wife is in her mid 30's & has never wanted children & she's not at all selfish, crazy nor does she have "daddy issues". She's a very successful mental health therapist & a registered dietician who works with girls & women who suffer from eating disorders. So, she's quite fulfilled by her career & our marriage.
Besides, I have three grown kids from my previous relationship & marriage so I don't need to repopulate the planet already than I already have.

Honestly this Simplifed Alpha/"Be Fruitful" Christian Dogma idea is rather detached from reality isn't it? I mean you look at the world today and you'd be pretty hard pressed to honestly claim "it needs more people". What it does need of course of children raised well but your wife is a perfect example of why that is down to more than parenthood, exposing herself to some of the most painful social interactions with a large number of people is the exact opposite of selfishness.

Honestly I view threads like these are simply embarrassing in the amount of frankly childish sexism on display, have these people ever actually interacted with women?

Well that is your choice and I encourage you not to have children if that is your belief. But you must have been around sad, sad people to believe the bolded part.
why are you so defensive that you need to personally attack me and people around me?

Honestly this Simplifed Alpha/"Be Fruitful" Christian Dogma idea is rather detached from reality isn't it? I mean you look at the world today and you'd be pretty hard pressed to honestly claim "it needs more people". What it does need of course of children raised well but your wife is a perfect example of why that is down to more than parenthood, exposing herself to some of the most painful social interactions with a large number of people is the exact opposite of selfishness.

Honestly I view threads like these are simply embarrassing in the amount of frankly childish sexism on display, have these people ever actually interacted with women?

There are many who I sincerely doubt ever have, my friend. Cheers.

why are you so defensive that you need to personally attack me and people around me?

That was a not a personal attack and I am not defensive - I genuinely feel sorry for you and the people around you as you guys sound miserable. But no need to reply, I am not looking for an argument with you. Have anice day.

That was a not a personal attack and I am not defensive - I genuinely feel sorry for you and the people around you as you guys sound miserable. But no need to reply, I am not looking for an argument with you. Have anice day.
maybe you are the exception but you are definitely not the norm. just go to walmart and watch people.

its so common for parents to forget their kids are in a car seat in their car that its shown in many tv shows nowadays

maybe you are the exception but you are definitely not the norm. just go to walmart and watch people.

its so common for parents to forget their kids are in a car seat in their car that its shown in many tv shows nowadays

Without being condescending, I think that you and I have been around different kinds of people.

I won't change your mind nor would I try to, but in my family and people around me, children bring joy and nobody forgets them anywhere.

Really sorry to hear that, bro. Shit's real indeed! One of my best mates is at the start of his path of getting divorced. Sucks. He now also has to live in an area that he doesn't want to in order to be near his child. The wife's been a complete bitch about everything too.

edit: Also never knew it could happen with the 2nd kid, although I suppose there's no reason to think it couldn't. Starting to make me reconsider trying for another.
Yea it can happen with the second child. Although all the mental health issues are behind us, the damage is done. Luckily up to this point we've been really good about the separation stuff. And truth be told, I would probably be the one that ends up being the bitch to deal with!

There is something of a realization that I've had since I had my son that screams "this is the point of it all".

I've talked with other parents and they know what I'm talking about. But try explaining this to people who are not parents and it's like you are speaking alien.

In my case my little daughter has been that to me, i.e. what you are describing, i.e. a little God on earth, i.e. the most perfect and cutest thing to ever live.

BUT this is subjective to me, so I do not preach parenthood, and I could imagine having another child that I do not love as much, God forbids.

But yeah I am with you. Seriously, a non-parent saying bro trust me children suck and being a parent is a scam bro sounds just totally absurd to my ears. It is either total ignorance or people that have been around shitty people.

Without being condescending, I think that you and I have been around different kinds of people.

I won't change your mind nor would I try to, but in my family and people around me, children bring joy and nobody forgets them anywhere.
ok thats great but dont pretend its the norm. you are probably gonna teach your kids that the world is all sunshine and rainbows. make sure you only schedule play dates with kids and parents that fit your mindset.

Kids are what you have when you've reached where you want to be and settle down. If you dont self actualize before having children, you'll resent the ways they limit your potential.

Newsflash, not everyone enjoys being a parent and not every child is great. :)

Its one thing if kid turns out to be some succesful guy

Its pretty different if kid becomes a non succesful guy.

always thought it was weird that people thought that kid will go into first category automatically.

Or Jodi Arias, for that matter.
Slow-Cooker-Roast-Beef-Sliceable.jpg

Back