Social Quitting Coffee

I don't think I could ever quit coffee. Although, I've reduced the amount I drink, especially during the week no thanks to my acid reflux issues.

How much coffee do you drink? Do you put sugar in it?

I drink 1 cup (black coffee) in the morning and maaaaaaybe another one at the afternoon. Also I don't make it too strong.

I don't feel any different if for some reason I don't drink coffee one day. But I heard about people that drink like 6 or 7 cups a day (crazy) that suffer a lot from abstinence.

A lot of times coffee is not the problem but the amount of sugar people put in it.

Sigh, all I know is that if you don’t drink coffee you are highly suspect

Fuck that shit........ give me my morning coffee OOOOOORRRRR FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!!!!

After quitting caffeine I realized how closely related it is to meth and coke. Best thing I've done. Its insane to see how many people are addicted out there.

I enjoy a nice cup of coffee.

Black.

Like I like my _________.

Good. You don't need that rubbish.

what sort of quitter gives up ANY drug

It is not easy at all - I tried it and failed miserably

The best way, according to my Dr. is to go
I had to quit cold turkey because all of sudden, i was having weird reactions to it.

Used to drink 4-8 cups a day at work, zero during the weekend.

First couple of weeks were brutal
Its bad eh?
I tried the same thing, then my Dr. said to simply reduce intake, not to go cold Turkey.

I tried cold Turkeh and I felt like my dome was going to POP!!!

How much coffee do you drink? Do you put sugar in it?

I drink 1 cup (black coffee) in the morning and maaaaaaybe another one at the afternoon. Also I don't make it too strong.

I don't feel any different if for some reason I don't drink coffee one day. But I heard about people that drink like 6 or 7 cups a day (crazy) that suffer a lot from abstinence.

A lot of times coffee is not the problem but the amount of sugar people put in it.

Depends on the day. Usually 2 or 3 cups. Sometimes more when I'm working. I don't usually put sugar in my coffee. Just cream. I like the low carb diet so ever since I got on that I cut sugar from coffee..

I'd have more luck trying to quit beating off.

Anyone else quit coffee? Didn't realize i had issues until i went and visited the in laws for a week. Unbeknownst to me they were drinking decaf and found myself having some withdrawals.

So last week bought some decaf and slowly weening myself off.... Today will be 48 hrs no coffee... Though i did have some decaf yesterday morning.

Anyone else quit? Ive read mixed reports
I've quit cold turkey before, then went back because I really enjoy the flavor.

At one point, my day consisted of coffee in the a.m., energy drink in the late a.m., and a caffeinated diet soda in the early evening.

One day, in an effort to avoid having a high blood pressure reading at my upcoming exam, I started drinking beet juice daily. It worked.

A GREAT way to kick-start your system in the a.m. is to drink 17 oz of water immediately after you wake up in the morning.

Depends on the day. Usually 2 or 3 cups. Sometimes more when I'm working. I don't usually put sugar in my coffee. Just cream. I like the low carb diet so ever since I got on that I cut sugar from coffee..
Does not seem that bad.

I can get away with 2.. one at the morning and other in the afternoon. Third one really starts messing with me.

see if you qualify for adhd meds. I remember getting some and quit coffee ever since. I lost alot of fat, and saved more money. adhd meds are more effective than coffee. though I dont have an addictive personality. swapping a coffee for a pharma meds may not be a smart idea for some. especially if u dont have adhd.

I tried to quit cold turkey.... the withdrawals were fucking terrible. Never again!

also, it could be you are not getting enough sleep as well. After getting a true 8-9 hrs of sleep, I dont groggy in the morning. You would need to be in bed for atleast 9-10 hrs. Some ppl dont have that time though. thats what worked for me as well.

I really don’t have a reason to quit. I simply enjoy drinking caffeinated coffee. I don’t see a problem if I’m healthy and my blood pressure is stable.

Back